Mira Costa booking experience

What's the cheapest room type available? Are these the hardest to snap up?

For miracosta..? The hardest to get are the harbor view which aren't the cheapest. The cheapest are either the venice or tuscany ones.. since they updated tuscany to be themed with mickey Im not sure if they are still cheaper and the site is down for maintenance right now or I'd check.

What's the cheapest room type available? Are these the hardest to snap up?

Cheapest are Porto Paradiso partial view and Venice Superior Room for 3 people then 4 people the Tuscany ones are significantly more expensive than those two.

Partial View rooms are normally one night stay only and I never saw it available to book in the dummy booking process or my actual booking (was doing 2 nights though). The cheaper Venice room was gone when I booked as well so I went for the 4 person which is about £50 a night extra

I'm after 5 nights, and ideally whatever is the cheapest room that I can book the full stay for all in one go, as I'll be up at 3am to do it!
Don't fancy getting up every morning at that hour!

I'm after 5 nights, and ideally whatever is the cheapest room that I can book the full stay for all in one go, as I'll be up at 3am to do it!
Don't fancy getting up every morning at that hour!

Go for the Venice room then, not the cheapest but less hassle. It worked out £367 per night roughly and that's on a Wednesday and Thursday. If you are staying over the weekend, then Sunday night (we're in the Disneyland Hotel Sunday to Wednesday) is about £60 more expensive. I dread to think what Saturday is like.

Go for the Venice room then, not the cheapest but less hassle. It worked out £367 per night roughly and that's on a Wednesday and Thursday. If you are staying over the weekend, then Sunday night (we're in the Disneyland Hotel Sunday to Wednesday) is about £60 more expensive. I dread to think what Saturday is like.
Thanks for the advice - yikes, it's still quite steep isn't it!
I think it's Mon-Fri nights we'll be staying.

Are there different types of Venice rooms I need to be aware of? I had a look on the site a while back and there seemed to be all sorts of weird and wonderful variations of rooms!

Thanks for the advice - yikes, it's still quite steep isn't it!
I think it's Mon-Fri nights we'll be staying.

Are there different types of Venice rooms I need to be aware of? I had a look on the site a while back and there seemed to be all sorts of weird and wonderful variations of rooms!

They have patio rooms and regular "superior" rooms, and then also the ones with three beds (the triple).

Several of the posts mentioned using MasterCard. Is this required or will they take Visa too?

I was able to use my US-issued VISA card last week, totally on a whim, for the Disneyland Hotel.

Question on book for family of 5, 3 adults and 2 kids (5yrs/7yrs), when I enter in the number the room that pulls up all states info like (1-3 person) or (1-4 person), but does this mean they are only counting adults? since my kids will bed share? so confused. any info is greatly appreciated.

Question on book for family of 5, 3 adults and 2 kids (5yrs/7yrs), when I enter in the number the room that pulls up all states info like (1-3 person) or (1-4 person), but does this mean they are only counting adults? since my kids will bed share? so confused. any info is greatly appreciated.

Yes, since your kids are bedsharing, it only counts the adults. It's basically the number of people that need separate bed space. In Japan, a "double" is a bed designed for 2 people. "Twin" means there are 2 beds, each bed for one person. Hope that makes sense. Under the 1-3 person type info, there is also the maximum number of how many can bedshare.

Yes, since your kids are bedsharing, it only counts the adults. It's basically the number of people that need separate bed space. In Japan, a "double" is a bed designed for 2 people. "Twin" means there are 2 beds, each bed for one person. Hope that makes sense. Under the 1-3 person type info, there is also the maximum number of how many can bedshare.

ah... got it.. thanks so much for the clarification, I'm just starting my research for our trip in summer of 2018 and so much to learn as I'm learning it's quite different from Disneyland in CA.

When making a 3-day reservation and booking each night separately, since that is all the reservation system allows, do I need to call the hotel in advance to combine all the reservations into 1? Or can this be done at check-in? Or do I need to "check-in" each day for each reservation?

When making a 3-day reservation and booking each night separately, since that is all the reservation system allows, do I need to call the hotel in advance to combine all the reservations into 1? Or can this be done at check-in? Or do I need to "check-in" each day for each reservation?

are they all in the same room type? If so that is one reservation and the computer system just splits it off that way. If a message has come up saying the room is full and you need to choose another room then those are separate reservations and you'll need to check in.

Just booked Disneyland Hotel online. Used 28 degrees MasterCard without drama despite warnings that MasterCard is not accepted

Just booked Disneyland Hotel online. Used 28 degrees MasterCard without drama despite warnings that MasterCard is not accepted
I was hoping to use my Halifax Clarity MasterCard (no currency exchange fees) so that's good to hear...

are they all in the same room type? If so that is one reservation and the computer system just splits it off that way. If a message has come up saying the room is full and you need to choose another room then those are separate reservations and you'll need to check in.
Thanks for the input. I didn't want to chance it, so I was able to add a night through "My Bookings". This guaranteed it would be under one reservation. I also had more luck finding a room throughout the day (Japan time) than at 11am. The room availability seems to be in flux those first several hours. I was able to reserve rooms with my Chase sapphire reserve card without issues during the first reservation, but had troubles with the Visa authentication the next times. I called Chase and they cleared it up within minutes and was able to reserve the room. I didn't see a harbor view available, so I reserved the piazza grand view. Hope it's worth the $$!

Thanks for the input. I didn't want to chance it, so I was able to add a night through "My Bookings". This guaranteed it would be under one reservation. I also had more luck finding a room throughout the day (Japan time) than at 11am. The room availability seems to be in flux those first several hours. I was able to reserve rooms with my Chase sapphire reserve card without issues during the first reservation, but had troubles with the Visa authentication the next times. I called Chase and they cleared it up within minutes and was able to reserve the room. I didn't see a harbor view available, so I reserved the piazza grand view. Hope it's worth the $$!

I'm glad you got it sorted! Considering they're the most expensive hotels I have ever booked in my life, I can't believe how terrrible the booking system is.

Just been starting to have a little play with the booking system, even though I'm still a way off being able to make my final booking yet, and it's raised a few questions I'm hoping you guys can help me with...

1. I notice it just wants to charge me the deposit now, and the rest on check out - is that normal?
  2. Do I need to do anything regarding setting up authentication (3D secure) for my credit card in advance?
  3. I'm just looking for the cheapest room for 5 nights, in this case a Venice Superior, which seems to be available without issue for the furthest out date that's on sale right now. I was anticipating everything being fully booked based on what I've been reading - is availability on these room types not too bad and therefore there should be less panic when it comes to booking, as opposed to other room types that are harder to grab?

Last edited:
Just been starting to have a little play with the booking system, even though I'm still a way off being able to make my final booking yet, and it's raised a few questions I'm hoping you guys can help me with...

1. I notice it just wants to charge me the deposit now, and the rest on check out - is that normal?
  2. Do I need to do anything regarding setting up authentication (3D secure) for my credit card in advance?
  3. I'm just looking for the cheapest room for 5 nights, in this case a Venice Superior, which seems to be available without issue for the furthest out date that's on sale right now. I was anticipating everything being fully booked based on what I've been reading - is availability on these room types not too bad and therefore there should be less panic when it comes to booking, as opposed to other room types that are harder to grab?
1) Yep, totally normal. Payment takes a couple of days to come out.
2) I didn't, it blocked my Mastercard and sent an authorisation text the first time but allowed my Visa then the second time my Mastercard went straight through. It'll vary from bank to bank.
3) The cheapest are the partial view rooms but I have never seen one free. We booked a Venice one and had no hassle with it booking out. Our Alice room was much tougher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!