Minnie Vans "Uber" like transport begins soon!

So, if I'm parsing this correctly...(I may not be, had wine this afternoon) Deluxe resorts could get some amount of Dis Uber built in? Wonder how the Swolphin will fall on that...

I wonder how available these will be (how long to wait from the time placeong the request for one)?

Also, on the big resorts.. will they also pick up at your building?

(And I hope they take magic bands)

Last edited:
4. Surge pricing is ridiculous. It's opportunistic. Presumably they surge price when traffic is bad due to an event or there's a high demand. But see, that's when you can't get a taxi in Seattle. Like at all. So I'll still end up walking or bussing it. Their advice to use Uber "outside of rush hour"...please.

Been using Uber for years, it is a great alternative to taxi's for many reasons. But I do need to point out that Taxis also have surge pricing, they charge by BOTH time and miles. Its really the same thing. At least with Uber / Lyft you know the price upfront.

I think this is very cool. Certainly if you are staying at BLT and want to do dinner at Jiko -- or other similar plans.

They have a partnership with Chevrolet so I don't think they would ever consider a competitor.

I don't agree with you on the Traverse style, it's much easier to get around in than any minivans I owned or rode in, has lots of leg room and same storage in the back. On the passenger side you hit one handle and the seat completely slides up making very easy in to the third seat. I think this was a great choice.

No doubt it is a fine choice and yes they have a GM partnership, so that helps. However, as far as overall theme parks and resorts is concerned, they also have Honda as a sponsor, with a new 2018 design for their minivan. It seems that Chevy will also have an all new design for the 2018 Traverse; too bad it wasn't already available as it would have been great marketing for Chevy if Disney were able to perhaps use that model.

As for the 3rd row room and mileage points, I was just going off numbers, but everyone has their own actual experience, so no issues. Anyways, here is what I read for a 2017 model comparison:

2017 Traverse
3rd Row Legroom - 33.20 inches
3rd Row Hiproom - 48.3 inches
3rd Row Shoulder room - 57.6 inches
3rd Row Headroom - 37.8 inches
Cargo behind 3rd Row - 24.4 cu ft
City MPG - 15
Highway MPG - 22

2017 Odyssey
3rd Row Legroom - 42.4 inches
3rd Row Hiproom - 48.4 inches
3rd Row Shoulder room - 60.9 inches
3rd Row Headroom - 38.0 inches
Cargo behind 3rd Row - 38.4 cu ft
City MPG - 19
Highway MPG - 27

Last edited:
No doubt it is a fine choice and yes they have a GM partnership, so that helps. However, as far as overall theme parks and resorts is concerned, they also have Honda as a sponsor, with a new 2018 design for their minivan. It seems that Chevy will also have an all new design for the 2018 Traverse; too bad it wasn't already available as it would have been great marketing for Chevy if Disney were able to perhaps use that model.

As for the 3rd row room and mileage points, I was just going off numbers, but everyone has their own actual experience, so no issues. Anyways, here is what I read for a 2017 model comparison:

2017 Traverse
3rd Row Legroom - 33.20 inches
3rd Row Hiproom - 48.3 inches
3rd Row Shoulder room - 57.6 inches
3rd Row Headroom - 37.8 inches
Cargo behind 3rd Row - 24.4 cu ft
City MPG - 15
Highway MPG - 22

2017 Odyssey
3rd Row Legroom - 42.4 inches
3rd Row Hiproom - 48.4 inches
3rd Row Shoulder room - 60.9 inches
3rd Row Headroom - 38.0 inches
Cargo behind 3rd Row - 38.4 cu ft
Ground Clearance -
City MPG - 19
Highway MPG - 27

:confused3 Are you a Honda Salesperson?

The point wasn't talking negatively to the Honda.
Honda doesn't matter in this case.
I believe Honda is a Disneyland Sponsor, so that has nothing to do with WDW.

The point was that the Traverse was a good choice and a WDW sponsor.
The Traverse is has ample size and accessibility for what they want.
Using 2017 means they probably got excellent fleet deals since 2018 are hitting car lots.
Disney made a decision on what was good for them and their plan.

:confused3 Are you a Honda Salesperson?

The point wasn't talking negatively to the Honda.
Honda doesn't matter in this case.
I believe Honda is a Disneyland Sponsor, so that has nothing to do with WDW.

The point was that the Traverse was a good choice and a WDW sponsor.
The Traverse is has ample size and accessibility for what they want.
Using 2017 means they probably got excellent fleet deals since 2018 are hitting car lots.
Disney made a decision on what was good for them and their plan.

No, not a salesperson for anyone and to your other points, I did not and do not necessarily disagree; in fact I mentioned they probably had a good incentive to use a Chevy. I was just providing backup to my points about 3rd row access and MPG. Honda was used in the example only because they are a Disney sponsor, albeit at Disneyland, and I was referring to the minivan category compared to crossover SUVs.

So yes, Disney made a good choice and the right choice. Also, since that original post, it has been pointed out by TheMaxRebo in post #325 that it looks like the branding is also being used with another, larger vehicle such as this Ford large Van:

View attachment 255255

It will be interesting to see how big a biz this may actually become over time.

Last edited:
I saw someone posts bunch of MinnieVan pictures on Facebook and one of them was of a much large van - I hadn't seen anything about this but if they were having these larger occupancy options that could be interesting for larger groups
View attachment 255255

More info from Autism in the Parks

Autism At The Parks‏ @AutismAtThePark 39m39 minutes ago
This family was the first to use the wheelchair accessible Minnie Vans today. (Posted with permission)

DFn78PmVYAEarhO.jpg

DFn78PnUAAAq_7y.jpg

DFn78PmUAAEd1yC.jpg

I think it's fanstastic that Disney are offering these if it means it can help a family where a member may be disabled to get around far more easily.

Cost is still a little steep but I think for some the convienience will far outweigh the cost

More info from Autism in the Parks ...

Wow, I wasn't aware the Maclaren Major Elite had a transport option for that stroller. Interesting that WDW will tie-down a stroller without the proper fittings to make it strong enough for use during transportation.

But thanks for the pictures, first I've seen the inside of the accessible van. And it looks to be 2 captain's chairs in the middle row, which would explain the occupancy limit.

I think it's fanstastic that Disney are offering these if it means it can help a family where a member may be disabled to get around far more easily.

Cost is still a little steep but I think for some the convienience will far outweigh the cost

Yes. The cost may seem steep, but when you have a special needs family member that the bus or other closed in transportation can be the most stressful part of your trip, worth every penny. Yes we can drive everywhere we go, but to the parks particularly, if you don't have a HA parking permit, then that puts you on the tram. The tram is absolutely one of our worse places to be due to the loud noise and the super loud PA system. And if you arrived with no car, Disney transport only can be rough, particularly if you are having a situation where you need to leave. Gladly would pay this to avoid meltdowns before we are even at our destination.

Wow, I wasn't aware the Maclaren Major Elite had a transport option for that stroller. Interesting that WDW will tie-down a stroller without the proper fittings to make it strong enough for use during transportation.

But thanks for the pictures, first I've seen the inside of the accessible van. And it looks to be 2 captain's chairs in the middle row, which would explain the occupancy limit.

Looks like 2 captains to me too, so a total of 4 capacity. My last two vans I could remove all second and third row seats, and change positions. I would imagine these can be adapted with a seat change for one more if they will only have a few vans.

Last edited:
We were told today at Yacht Club that they aren't running Minnie Vans at this time. bummer as we had wanted to take one to animal kingdom this afternoon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter