Minnie Van

BJW3

Anything can be fun if you try.
Ok, I’m here on my trip and I have been hearing a lot about the Minnie Van service. I would like to try it. I installed Lift and set up an account but there is obviously some huge part of the set up I have missed. Can someone help point me in the proper direction to figure out the details on this?

Thanks

Currently, Minnie Vans are only available to people staying at deluxe WDW resorts. Unless you're physically on Disney property and have access to the Minnie Vans as a current or previous deluxe guest, you won't see the option in your Lyft app.

Note: If you've previously stayed at a deluxe resort and received access to Minnie Vans, you can use it on subsequent trips no matter the resort you stay at.

Ok, so I’m on Disney property but staying at a moderate. Is this why I don’t see the option?

Can I go to a deluxe to activate the minnie van service and then use it from a moderate? Or at least to get to a moderate from, say, a park? It does say for service anywhere on property. What about getting picked up at a moderate if you have it activated? It's a great option for kids since they have seats.

I am new to the boards, and a bit of Disney newbie. Do the minnie Vans have carseats? If I search the boards will I be able to find out more info on how to use them? We will be staying at the Poly this Spring.

I am new to the boards, and a bit of Disney newbie. Do the minnie Vans have carseats? If I search the boards will I be able to find out more info on how to use them? We will be staying at the Poly this Spring.

Hi welcome to the Dis :)

I've been doing some research on on the Minnie Vans and have seen that yes they do offer carseats. You can search on the Transportation forum and I believe there would be more information there.

We were just there this weekend and used it a few times. It’s fantastic! All of our drivers were wonderful and informative. Each car has two car seats that are kept in the trunk and can be installed if needed. It’s s great option for transport between resorts. Early indicators are that they will be expanding the program. It can only be used on site as well but they will do a five minute stop at the gas station or McD’s if you want to get snacks.

I am not sure if you would be able to add it at a deluxe resort if you aren’t staying there.

Hello all, my family of four will be staying at the Contemporary in March. One of the days we're there we have an early morning (8:05) breakfast reservation at Garden Grill in Epcot. Researching the listed hours for the monorail has me wondering if perhaps the better option for transport that morning may be something like a Minnie Van. Does anyone possibly have any feedback on utilizing them in this capacity? I'm new to having pre-opening reservations, and have read that we should still plan to get to Epcot well before the listed reservation time, to ensure being one of the first ones allowed in (a priority only because I'd like to "get through" breakfast in a reasonable amount of time, and then capitalize on being able to get in line near the opening for something like Soarin' afterward).

As a follow-up question, I am staying at the AKL in August. AKL now has this service??

Hello all, my family of four will be staying at the Contemporary in March. One of the days we're there we have an early morning (8:05) breakfast reservation at Garden Grill in Epcot. Researching the listed hours for the monorail has me wondering if perhaps the better option for transport that morning may be something like a Minnie Van. Does anyone possibly have any feedback on utilizing them in this capacity? I'm new to having pre-opening reservations, and have read that we should still plan to get to Epcot well before the listed reservation time, to ensure being one of the first ones allowed in (a priority only because I'd like to "get through" breakfast in a reasonable amount of time, and then capitalize on being able to get in line near the opening for something like Soarin' afterward).

We stayed at the Contemporary in Feb. and used a Minnie Van to get to AK for the 7 am early magic hours. We had to download the Lyft app and the front desk had to give us a special code. It was a cute little car and we all got a kick out of it! They dropped us near the buses....at the point closes as possible to the entrance. Even though tit was $20, Im glad we did it. It is something I would do occasionally. THe car was very clean and the driver was so friendly. It was quick and convenient. I gave the driver a 15% tip.

According to Orlando Theme Park News below, as of the time of article on Feb 19, 2018 the following parks offer the Minnie van service, which include some resorts that are not deluxe.

Although Minnie Van service takes Guests all throughout the Walt Disney World Resort, only resort Guests staying at the following resorts are eligible at this time:
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
  • Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney’s Pop Century Resort
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort
  • Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort

We stayed at the Contemporary in Feb. and used a Minnie Van to get to AK for the 7 am early magic hours. We had to download the Lyft app and the front desk had to give us a special code. It was a cute little car and we all got a kick out of it! They dropped us near the buses....at the point closes as possible to the entrance. Even though tit was $20, Im glad we did it. It is something I would do occasionally. THe car was very clean and the driver was so friendly. It was quick and convenient. I gave the driver a 15% tip.

Thank you so much for this information, it is very helpful. Sounds like using the Minnie Van may well be a great option for us.

Minnie Van drivers can accept tips via the app or cash at the end of each trip.

Anyone who happens to be at a Deluxe Resort can ask for the Lyft / Minnie Van code at the Bell Desk. The code allows you to schedule a Minnie Van ride anywhere on property.

I stayed moderate 2/22-2/28. I got a pop up on my MDE app telling me about Minnie vans. I hit the ad and it sent me to the lyft website in my safari app, which allowed me to click a button which activated the Minnie vans in the lyft app.

Minnie Van drivers can accept tips via the app or cash at the end of each trip.

Anyone who happens to be at a Deluxe Resort can ask for the Lyft / Minnie Van code at the Bell Desk. The code allows you to schedule a Minnie Van ride anywhere on property.
They’ve branched out recently and are offering it at other resort categories as well - I do wonder if that will make them a little harder to get, since they’re taking from same fleet inventory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!