Minivans in Alamo full size lot?

Azjenn

Mouseketeer
We haven't been since 2014 but we had booked a full size car at mco and were able to get a minIvan when picking out our car in the garage and there were quite a few to choose from. Does anyone know if this is still the case? It was a Dodge caravan

We haven't been since 2014 but we had booked a full size car at mco and were able to get a minIvan when picking out our car in the garage and there were quite a few to choose from. Does anyone know if this is still the case? It was a Dodge caravan

I have seen them but not always. In September there were a few but in December there were none.

It's really a craps shoot. It is not uncommon, but if you need the space a minivan affords you should just book that category. If you can live with a smaller vehicle, you could get lucky!

Jenn, I never knew that. We always rent a minivan, but this year we are renting a full size. It would be a nice surprise if there was a mini available for the price of a fullsize!

We just went the last week of November and there were 4 mini vans on the full size row.

We could fit on a full size with the five of us, but grabbed a mini van for the extra space!

Jenn, I never knew that. We always rent a minivan, but this year we are renting a full size. It would be a nice surprise if there was a mini available for the price of a fullsize!
Right! We didn't know that either until our last trip. Of course at the counter they tried to upgrade us to a minIvan and we declined, then we're totally surprised when we went to the full size rows. I even went and asked a lot attendant if we could take the minivan just to make sure.

I have both a standard and minivan reserved for my April trip. If there are no minivans on the full size aisle we will need to use the minivan reservation. Our trips in September and November there were no minivans on the full sized aisle. Someone has posted here a few years ago that the "Greeter" would know if there would be minivans available. It sure won't hurt to ask.

When we picked up Jan 26/17 the whole full size aisle was full of minivans and SUV's ... no cars at all!

Really depends on the time of year, when there are lots of families in the area (summer vacation, Christmas, spring break) we rarely see minivans in the FS aisle.
In the off season we see them often.

When we picked up Jan 26/17 the whole full size aisle was full of minivans and SUV's ... no cars at all!

Really depends on the time of year, when there are lots of families in the area (summer vacation, Christmas, spring break) we rarely see minivans in the FS aisle.
In the off season we see them often.
This gives me hope!!! :)

I have both a standard and minivan reserved for my April trip. If there are no minivans on the full size aisle we will need to use the minivan reservation. Our trips in September and November there were no minivans on the full sized aisle. Someone has posted here a few years ago that the "Greeter" would know if there would be minivans available. It sure won't hurt to ask.
Can u explain how I can do this too. Thanks

I never knew you could do that. I always thought you had to cancel all other reservations you weren't going to use. I don't know why because I've never actually read they would charge you a fee if you didn't. I guess I just assumed it was possible, otherwise how does rental agency know how many cars they truly have available/rented? :confused:

I remember the first time I did an Alamo full size and a National minivan. When I found minivan on Alamo full size aisle I was going to call National and the greeter told me it was not necessary. Since then I have just had the person in the exit booth scan the reservation I want to use.

Last edited:
Wow you really don't need to cancel? That makes me nervous. I wouldn't want to get charged! :confused3

Wow you really don't need to cancel? That makes me nervous. I wouldn't want to get charged! :confused3

http://maphappy.org/2014/01/full-list-car-rental-cancellation-policies/
I think this list was last updated 4/2016.
I would not no show for a pre-paid reservation
One time the person in the exit booth gave me an ugly look when I gave her the preprinted full size reservation. She pointed out that I had a minivan reservation also. I told her the greeter told me that I could take a minivan (which they had). She then took my paper and I moved on.

Last edited:
I remember the first time I did an Alamo full size and a National minivan. When I found minivan on Alamo full size aisle I was going to call National and the greeter told me it was not necessary. Since then I have just had the person in the exit booth scan the reservation I want to use.
OK I'm totally Intrigued. How do you check in? I've always gone to the counter first before going to the lot. Is there a way to bypass this and not have both reservations automatically check you in like a pre check in? Can you go out to the lot , find your car and then check in from there?

Sign up for the Alamo insiders program. You enter your drivers license and credit card and go straight to the aisle. Skip the counter, go straight to the aisle, see what is on the full size aisle and if there are minivans there use the full size reservation. Also remember Alamo doesn't have a standard aisle so I rent a standard and go to the full size aisle. This last reservation I used a coupon to upgrade from mid sized to standard. I will bring both printed reservations and cross my fingers.

Sign up for the Alamo insiders program. You enter your drivers license and credit card and go straight to the aisle. Skip the counter, go straight to the aisle, see what is on the full size aisle and if there are minivans there use the full size reservation. Also remember Alamo doesn't have a standard aisle so I rent a standard and go to the full size aisle. This last reservation I used a coupon to upgrade from mid sized to standard. I will bring both printed reservations and cross my fingers.
Genius!

I am personally not a fan of double booking vehicles. If everyone did it, it could keep many of us from being able to book a vehicle and cost the company money. I just make sure that what I book is what I can live with. And yes, I have seen mini-vans and SUVs on the fullsize aisle . . . and unfortunately on many occasions only ugly four door sedans. :p

i would assume the 8 passenger minivans aren't on the fullsize aisle, correct?
i have an 8 seat sienna reserved (for a small fortune of money - it's 3 times the cost of a regular minivan)...
i wonder if they have them in the regular minivan aisle...hmmmm...
so i should reserve a sienna and a regular minivan, and if the sienna is in the regular minivan aisle, jump into the sienna...
that's interesting..

Alamo has one of the most liberal policies regarding cancellation which is one of the reasons they are my fave car rental company.

There is no charge to cancel a non-prepaid reservation.

They do charge a $50 fee if you "no show" for a prepaid reservation.

Using the online check-in is not technically a pre-paid reservation HOWEVER you are supplying (and authorizing) your credit card and personal info during the online check-in process.

You will want to be careful if you are doing the online check-in for BOTH vehicles.

There have been reports of people being charged the no show fee if one of the reservations was not cancelled (especially during high demand periods).

IMHO: I would definitely cover myself by logging in on my smartphone and cancelling the rezzie that I'm not going to use, before proceeding to the exit gate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter