Mid May traffic?

momslave

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

DH and I are taking my parents and our boys, ages 3 and 4, on May 14th (SUN) until the 17th (WED). We have never been there this time of the year, and I am really concerned that people will be trying to squeeze in a visit before school lets out, making it really busy. My parents have never been to DL, and I am hoping for a nice relaxing UNsmashed visit. We just decided to go, and I was shocked to find availability easily for GC hotel. All room categories were still available. Any experience with this time of the year? Thanks in advance!

Mid-May is usually a slower time of year. You never know what's going to happen with the 50th going on, though.

Friends of ours just had trouble finding accomodations for early May, so maybe you will luck out and be in a 'quiet' window at Disneyland. :)

That is my favorite time to go, but like the other poster said, you just never know with the 50th and all. Usually when I am there the crowds are minimal in comparison to summer, but there are still enough people there to give it a lively air. I also love the weather that time of year...it is usually beautiful! Good luck,
Sarah

I think if I had it to do again I would try to plan a trip for May or maybe Oct/Nov/Dec. We're not big on crowds, and even though our end-of-April trip is considered off-season it sounds like it's going to be busy. I'm hoping the kids (ages 5 and nearly 2) can handle waiting in line a bit, and that it's not so crowded people are being rude to one another. This is our first trip ever to Disneyland, and I just want everyone to have fun!

MID DAY TRAFFIC? Sorry I couldn't resist. Hopefully it will be semi slow. Az. schools don't get out until the end of of May( i think). BUT do me a favor, HAVE FUN ! :cool1:

We are going the first week of May and am scared to death it will be too busy. Our trip in Oct. was perfect and I am hoping May will be too!

I will be there on May 14 - 20...I will be one of those people crowding the park for you. he he he ;)

There is a chance it might be busy, I say this because when I called to upgrade our room at the GC they said the hotel was completely booked including concierge. I did check the calendar for the convention center though and there are only a few small conventions that week so who really knows. Hopefully it won't be too busy.

On the plus side, the "kids play free" & "play for the price of a kid" promotion ends the last week of April. I think alot of people are more likely to travel during that time rather than a few weeks later simply because of the savings they will get with that promotion.

It's a perfect time for us, my kids are on year round school. They get 3 week breaks every couple months or something like that, and they will be on break that week. Just in time before the summer rush.

Also the locals promotion "Buy 1 park get a 2nd free" ends April 27th. The only negative is that POTC & Blue Bayou won't be open until June. Have a great trip. Look for me and DS on one those weeknights. He'll be the cute 4yo asking for a toy :)

I am wondering the same thing....we planned for may hoping crowds would be somewhat low....we arrive on the 13th of may and are there until the 23....here's to hoping crowds are low and weather is nice :thumbsup2
sharon

My family & I will be there May 13 - 22 as well. I have heard that the grad nights are May 10 & 17 and there will be students from out of town staying for a few days. I hope it isn't too busy!

Hello everyone! I just joined and am browsing through for some tips and advice....I have been to Disneyland a few times before but I have not been since October of 2003 and this is my first time booking through Disney! This is also my first time going where I have more than just a few days to spend there. We'll be there from the 14th to the 20th of May...and I'm already excited! It's my favorite place to go on vacation! There are some great tips in here and I've been reading as much as I can at work. =o) I do have a question though..anyone stayed at the Tropicana? What do you think?

Lrrysgrl, I just saw a positive reference to the Tropicana in the Hotels sticky...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter