Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Fun for a Solo Adult?

wdwjunkie2005

Mouseketeer
Is MVMCP worth the time and money if you're going alone? I'll be going to WDW spouse- and kid-free and would like to go to MVMCP, but am trying to find out if the whole thing is more exciting for kids and families. Please share your opinions and/or experiences. Thanks!

wdwjunkie2005 said:
Is MVMCP worth the time and money if you're going alone? I'll be going to WDW spouse- and kid-free and would like to go to MVMCP, but am trying to find out if the whole thing is more exciting for kids and families. Please share your opinions and/or experiences. Thanks!

I've done the party solo and had a great time. Most of the rides had little or no waits and being solo, found great places to watch the parade and fireworks at the last minute. Sometimes I met up with other DISers, somtimes I just did my own thing!!!

Go for it!!! :teeth:

I was there in 2004 right at Christmas and it was packed! and cold! We didn't even hang out at AK that long because everyone was too cold. Christmas eve and day, it was crazy... soooo many people. I think a lot of people believed that the parade was filmed live that day or something. It was nice seeing all the decor and parade, but I think if I go again, it will be in early December.

I have done MVMCP, solo, for 5 annual solo vacations. I will still do it again solo this year. My DH just is a homebody, and prefers to stay home with our two cats. We don't have any children, so that's not an issue.

The whole party is just too beautiful NOT to go.
The rides are almost walk-ons. The shows are very crowded, so get there early for each show, if you want to see them.

I think MVMCP is reeking of a romantic feel, and at times, I have felt only a tiny bit lonely, but really, just a tiny bit. I made sure to wear my
Guest of Honor badge with my name on it.
Connected to that badge was my lime green ribbons,
that connected my lime green Mickey head.
When I wore my lime green ribbons, I did not feel alone at all. It was amazing how much better I felt when another DIS'er spotted me, and we chatted, then did The Haunted Mansion together.

Even if you don't meet other DIS'ers, it is just a wonderful time, not to be missed, and well worth the money for a solo.

I was just wondering the same thing myself. I'm taking my first ever solo trip down on Nov 30....I know there are going to others from the Boston area going so I won't be completely alone...but, I'm trying to figure out if I really want to do MVMCP by myself. Anyone else planning on doing it on Dec 1?? That would be when I go since it's an AP discount night. It would be nice to meet up with some others.

goofy4tink said:
Anyone else planning on doing it on Dec 1?? That would be when I go since it's an AP discount night. It would be nice to meet up with some others.

Darn Diane, I'll miss you by 1 night - don't arrive until Fri. nite. Hoping to do MVMCP on Sunday, Dec. 4.

Hey Barb!! I leave on Sunday, otherwise that would have been my first choice. I have a feeling we'll all be getting together at some point, especially with MouseFest meets that Sat!!! I still can't believe George told me to just call and make plans for myself..said go with the other girls!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter