Mickey's Backyard BBQ

momxx5

DIS Veteran
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this....

Has anyone ever been to the Mickey's Backyard BBQ character dinner?

We have reservations for it. I am really looking forward to it and I would love to hear some reviews of it.

Thanks in advance.

We went last November and thought it was a real hoot. Lots of character meet and greets throughout the evening for the kids, line dance lessons, corny jokes, and a trick rope performer. The food is good and plentiful, with ribs, chicken, hot dogs, corn on the cob, salads, wine, beer, soda - all you can eat and drink. It is pricey, but it is also a whole evening of entertainment along with dinner. I would recommend it.:D

I'm so glad to hear someone say something postive about this. We also have ressie and most people complain about how crowed and hot and $$$ for only burgers, dogs and beans. But that is the kinda of food my kids love and to get characters plus a show out of it.

Thanks

I'm sorry, but our family didn't have as much fun. We did this in March 2002. Yes it is pricey, but money wasn't our problem. First, they pack WAY TOO many people in to this pavilion. There was no room left on the dance floor for anyone that wanted to learn to line dance to do so. Twice, people took our seats, and brushed our food aside at our picnic table while we went to get drinks. Frankly, it was a major disappointment, I'd much rather have done Hoop-Dee-Doo, but we wanted to do something different, and this was it.

I think our major issues were the number of people, and no reserved seating. I think a better approach would have been to have small picnic tables, one for each family. To have lines of massive tables, with no reserved areas, leaves everyone at mercy for a seating area.

I'm sorry, but I give two thumbs down on Mickey's Back Yard BBQ.

This past March of 2003, we did the Luau at the Poly, and loved it !!

We have not done it but have been around the area when it was going on. It looks like fun but weather and crowds can be a problem. I did not like the heard of cattle look to the way people were getting their food and drinks. It is too pricey for us and I would hate for the crowds or weather to be working against you. But it does look like it could be a lot of fun for the kids. They were sure hooping it up.

Is Mickey's Backyard BarBQue seasonal, or do they have it going on in January? Thanks. Debby

webprinter ... I understand it is seasonal ... but not sure what the season is ... March to Oct/Nov ???

We did the BBQ last summer ... it was not my favorite ... it poured rain ... my 27 y.o. daughter forgot her ID and we had problems getting her in even though she didn't want a "drinking" wristband ... it was VERY crowded ... the music was too loud for my comfort ... the food was just okay ... we were tired from being at the parks all day ...

We didn't have problems with seat stealers, but either my daughter or I were sitting at the table with the grandkids at all times.

On the plus side the grandkids loved meeting the characters and the characters were wearing cute western garb. They also recognized guest birthdays and anniversarys, so my daughter got up for a special dance.

I'd probably do it again in the future, but be better prepared for rain, crowds and noise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter