Mickey wear in Universal?? Is it a big no?

Hi Is it acceptable to use a Mickey purse or wear a Mickey shirt to Universal? Or is it the equivalent of wearing the opposing team's jersey to a game? :confused3 This is our first time going and we are mainly going for Harry Potter. My kids are huge fans and have Harry Potter shirts but I'm not a fan and have mainly Mickey stuff. I have other shirts obviously but I love my Mickey tanks they are very light weight and comfy. So I just wanted to see what people do.

I wouldn't do it, but that's just my personal opinion.

99, you couldn't be more wrong. Back in 2009 my then 65 year old mother wanted to go on Jurassic Park River Adventure while the rest of us wanted to have a drink. She was wearing a Goofy tee shirt that day and the last we saw of her was her waving to us as she entered the ride queue. "

I was going to tell the story of my son getting shipped to the other side of the Mississippi for wearing Marvel t-shirts at Disney but it doesn't compare to the tragedy of Grandma Goofy.

Challenge accepted. Next time I go to Universal I'm wearing my rose gold ears. :)

Just no. There are limits to tolerance. :duck:

You will definitely get ribbing from my crew! Just don’t wear the ears at uni!
You'll see ears at Universal too. Though I agree, that is a bit too much, just for the simple fact that they aren't all that comfy to wear just all the time, especially if one is wearing sunglasses too.

Don't give it a second thought...Hey, you're on vacation, be happy and wear what you choose!:thumbsup2 ENJOY!:banana:

There has to be a large amount of guests wearing magicbands from the Mouse at any given time, so I think a Mickey top should be okay. When I was a kid a bag check guy made my Mum promise to never wear a Disney t-shirt to Universal again as a joke! LOL

Back in 2009 my then 65 year old mother wanted to go on Jurassic Park River Adventure while the rest of us wanted to have a drink. She was wearing a Goofy tee shirt that day and the last we saw of her was her waving to us as she entered the ride queue. So we are all watching the ride vehicles coming out of the final drop when my moms vehicle comes out...without mom in it. We were stunned!!! We tell security and they then start questioning the other occupants of my moms ride vehicle. They all had a look of fear while answering the questions posed by security. My aunt turns to me and says those people are afraid of something. Something dark and evil. This August will be 9 years since mom has been missing and officially she's listed as a missing person. I can't believe how much my life changed on that fateful day. I now take my 9 year old daughter on that ride and we always say hi to "grandma". So very sad.

Well I was there that fateful day. All who were on the ride that day with your mom were sworn to secrecy. Thought after 9 years it was time to spill the beans. She asked the ride operator to stop the ride so she could get off and go through the back way through the building and make a quick getaway to Margaritaville for drinks.

I ran into her on my most recent trip to Universal. She was at Fat Tuesday’s. She was having a mixed Margarita with an extra shot and a Voodoo donut.

I took her over to Diagon Alley and we bellied up to the bar at the Fountain of Fair Fourtune. We had a couple glasses of Wizards Brew and a few shots of Fire Whiskey. Her Goofy shirt was looking a bit tattered so she bought a Dobby t-shirt.

She said to send her regards and to let you all know she is livin it up at Universal.

Last edited:

Yep, not a problem. Wear what you want. There were people walking around with their Mickey ears on while I was there.

The only problem I would ever watch out for is never wear the jersey of an opposing team at a home teams soccer game in Europe. They are all very!!!!! Serious about their football there.

Well I was there that fateful day. All who were on the the ride that day with your mom were sworn to secrecy. Thought after 9 years it was time to spill the beans. She asked the ride operator to stop the ride so she could get off and go through the back way through the building and make a quick getaway to Margaritaville for drinks.

I ran into her on my most recent trip to Universal. She was at Fat Tuesday’s. She was having a mixed Margarita with an extra shot and a Voodoo donut.

I took her over to Diagon Alley and we bellied up to the bar at the Fountain of Fair Fourtune. We had a couple glasses of Wizards Brew and a few shots of Fire Whiskey. Her Goofy shirt was looking a bit tattered so she bought a Dobby t-shirt.

She said to send her regards and to let you all know she is livin it up at Universal.

Robo I'm in tears. These past 9 years we thought mom was...well you know. Your story does make sense, because back in '09, mom and dad weren't really too close. I guess mom just wanted to start her life over. Robo, should you run into her again, could you tell her I and my daughter Emma ,which is her grand daughter and was only 1 month old at the time of mom's disappearance, love and miss her.

It's appreciated.

Though I agree, that is a bit too much, just for the simple fact that they aren't all that comfy to wear just all the time, especially if one is wearing sunglasses too.

You make a good point. It's why I rarely wear them even at Disney. The danged rose gold ears jumped into my hands at Princess expo like it was Meant To Be.

Wear whatever makes you feel good. Life is too short.

This statement combined with Nurse Ratched in your avatar is confusing. :):):)

You make a good point. It's why I rarely wear them even at Disney. The danged rose gold ears jumped into my hands at Princess expo like it was Meant To Be.
I have an obscene amount of ear bands considering I rarely wear them in reality. I love them but eventually the discomfort wins over my love of them and I stop wearing them, hence the purchase of the tiara in my avatar. That is comfortable and gives me the sparkle on top that the ears do. Didn't stop me from buying the rainbow ears in June. The Rose Gold I've avoided

Of course you can wear Disney stuff at Uni! Honestly I feel like most people try to visit both parks on a trip. I've never seen or heard anyone be rude to someone just for wear disney merch.

Honestly I have worn Disney tees and hat to Universal and have not even gotten ribbing. I even wore a custom made Star Wars Mickey hat the last time I was there. No one even looked at me odd and I can say that I did make it back home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter