MGM restaurant and Osborne Lights....

The Osborne lights will be on New York street for the first time this year. Last year they didn't have them and before them they were on the backlot tour neighborhood set. That set is now demolished making room for the stunt show.

There are not any restaurants that will allow you to see the lights while you eat. The closest restaurant is probably the Sci-Fi Dine Inn. Some people give this restaurant poor reviews, but we have always liked the food there.

None of the restaurants are very far from the lights (MGM just isn't that big of a park) and none of the restaurants are on the outside edges of the park.

We we are doing is going to MGM one evening, the day before it has the extra magic hour. We are going to do the Fantasmic deal eating at the Brown Derby. Then we'll ride a couple rides, see the Osborne lights, and finish the day with Fantasmic.

I always eat at the ABC Commissary. Counter serve and also not the best reviews, but I don't mind it, and the convenience to the lights is a definite plus.

The last time they had the lights up I took dd (4 at the time) in her stroller and it was a mob scene as we were there for the start of it at 6:00. Poor thing couldn't see a thing!! so we snuck out of a side street and ended up at Mama Melrose and thought we'd grab a bit to eat here and boy this was a welcome find!! We sat and relaxed at a quiet Mama Melrose restaurant and had some REALLY good dinner!!

Afterwards we went back out and got to walk around an almost EMPTY Osborne light display!! WE plan to do the same this year. We've been to Mama Melrose a few times since and always enjoy it!

Thanks for the suggestions....I was just hoping to eat somewhere that when we came out of would be close to the lights....:)

But I do know they they gotta have those roasted almonds for me when I look at the lights. Its is a thing that I must have becuase well well THEY ARE UNBELIEVEABLE

jwfla422...What time would you suggest going to Mama's to eat, then to see the lights? We haven't seen the lights before, so I'm not sure what to expect.

Originally posted by DisLUV
But I do know they they gotta have those roasted almonds for me when I look at the lights. Its is a thing that I must have becuase well well THEY ARE UNBELIEVEABLE
I've heard so much about the roasted almonds-gotta try them next time. Where in MGM do I get them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter