Member Services is so messed up

PEANUT1

You can Fly!
I am a new DVC member and I already am frustrated with member services. It seems they have screwed up my reservations multiple times. Nothing major, but it could have been if I didn't pick up on it. I received confirmation in the mail for my ressie .It was wrong the first time. It had the wrong number of people for my room and it didn't have the dining plan listed. So I called and fixed it. Later I called to check on my waitlist and go over my other reservations and I said something about my MIL coming for the last part of our trip and she said she didn't have her listed. Now I had the written reservation in my hand that said I had 5 people but she said that it wasn't showing up on her computer. I don't understand...this is so frustrating. If I hadn't checked it would have totally screwed up our dining stuff and maybe magical express for my mil who is coming mid trip. The cast member was little rude about it too. I asked her if I could go over all of my reservations ( we have 3) and she sounded annoyed. This doesn't give me a lot of confidence about making my reservations, but I don't want to call a million times to check.

BTW...does anyone know the difference btw reservation points and vacation points. on the website for the same trip i have, 2 resorts say vacation points and one says reservation points. thanks for your help and for letting me vent.

If you have an AKV reservation, that may be coming up as "reservation" points. Or, if you have something in the Disney collection, like the Polly, that's the case as well, but for different reasons. For the AKV, it has something to do with when the AKV comes, or came into the system perhaps, but those points are just regular DVC points, and can be banked. Whereas, the points that are used to rent the Polly cannot then be used for DVC stays if the Polly reservation is cancelled, and they cannot be banked.

I do not know why this is for the AKV, but a reservation point is usually one that has been taken out of DVC resorts.

Bobbi:goodvibes

The reservation points could be one of two or three things.

When points are used for non-DVC stay, like a cruise or Disney collection, they become "reservation points." If that reservatonis cancelled for any reason, the points can not be used at a DVC resort, but must be used for a reservatoin at a non-DVC destination.

It has also been resported that there is a glitch in the system for AKV points, and the website is showing them as "reservation points." MS is aware of that problem and will do a manual adjustment in the event of a cancellation. I'm wondering if the "Developer Points" used for promotion may also be showing up as "Reservation Points?"

Remember that if even if you MIL will only be there for a portion of the trip, that you need to pay for her DDP for the entire length of the reservation.

Remember that if even if you MIL will only be there for a portion of the trip, that you need to pay for her DDP for the entire length of the reservation.

Thanks for the info....we are doing a split stay and are moving rooms the day she comes into a 1 bedroom.

The reservation points are for AKV so thanks for clarifying.

Then it sounds like everything has worked out :)

I'm in the midst of a developer point reservation right now...no, they are not characterized as reservation points...they are being done separately and don't show up in the dvcmember.com site anywhere at all...

I made my developer point reservation last week (for a one-bedroom at BCV in early January)...they told me at the time they track developer points in a separate system, and that I'd get a confirmation in the mail in 10 days to two weeks.

Had to call MS for other reasons today, and checked on that reservation at the time...it still hasn't shown up as a reservation but their records did show that the 1-br at BCV is held for me...they said it should be another few days before my reservation confirmation number arrives in the mail...it will never show up on my vacation details section of the dvcmember.com site...

All the stories about messed up reservations do make me nervous, so I'll probably find another reason to call MS next week (if the confirmation hasn't arrived by then) and check on it again...

i guess i am in the minority when it comes to problems..in any event, i will probably call the day before i leave again to make sure the info is correct for the number of guests and DDP.

sorry about the mess, but it sounds to me like another case of..........

Blame the DDP !!!!!popcorn::

I think your title is a bit much! I have been a member since 1994 and have always had wonderful service from MS;from going through 3 months worth of the summer calendar to find 3 nights for us at HHI to great ADR service. I think the AKL dvc issue may be a reason for your problems, but it is by no means the usual. I have used the online reservation requests and these have also been accurate. My resort reservations have never been incorrect and even when I may have made changes, the new confirmation came to me accurate...so please don't be so quick to make the blanket statement.
Connears

I'm in the midst of a developer point reservation right now...no, they are not characterized as reservation points...they are being done separately and don't show up in the dvcmember.com site anywhere at all...

I made my developer point reservation last week (for a one-bedroom at BCV in early January)...they told me at the time they track developer points in a separate system, and that I'd get a confirmation in the mail in 10 days to two weeks.

Had to call MS for other reasons today, and checked on that reservation at the time...it still hasn't shown up as a reservation but their records did show that the 1-br at BCV is held for me...they said it should be another few days before my reservation confirmation number arrives in the mail...it will never show up on my vacation details section of the dvcmember.com site...

All the stories about messed up reservations do make me nervous, so I'll probably find another reason to call MS next week (if the confirmation hasn't arrived by then) and check on it again...

For me my Developer point reservation story is worse. I too booked reservations last Friday. On Monday I was booking another and the CM told me they are extremely back logged and that it may take a couple of weeks to just get the reservation made. Then it will be another 7 to 10 days before I get the confirmation letter, so you might not want to plan on gettin your letter next week and hope that next week we'll at least get the reservation number.

By and large, we have never had any problems with MS...

There was one time where they didn't tell my wife which account they were pulling points from to book a reservation which caused a bit of confusion, but that has been about it..

I managed a few call centers and here are a few things I do when I am ever calling MS, CRO, or anywhere else..

1) Get the name of the person you talked to... Call them by their name at least once during the call... Maybe twice for a longer call... It kinda drives the point home that you know who you are doing businesss with.. If you think you are calling a LARGE center, you may even want to get their agent ID... Despite what you hear, every agent has to have one to log on to their phone.

2) Write down the agent's name and time you called on the reservation slip when it arrives... That way if you have to call back and clear things up, you have a bit more credibility... Especially if you need to speak with a Manager later on..

3) Always be polite with the agent... You will catch a lot more flies with honey than you will with vinegar... Generally, agents have a set script they follow when processing calls... If you are a little on the ornery side, they will generally folllow the script and that's it... If you are extremely polite and courteous, they will sometimes go wayy out of their way to assist... If you must yell at someone, save it for the manager... That's what they are there for.. :)

By and large, we have never had any problems with MS...

There was one time where they didn't tell my wife which account they were pulling points from to book a reservation which caused a bit of confusion, but that has been about it..

I managed a few call centers and here are a few things I do when I am ever calling MS, CRO, or anywhere else..

1) Get the name of the person you talked to... Call them by their name at least once during the call... Maybe twice for a longer call... It kinda drives the point home that you know who you are doing businesss with.. If you think you are calling a LARGE center, you may even want to get their agent ID... Despite what you hear, every agent has to have one to log on to their phone.

2) Write down the agent's name and time you called on the reservation slip when it arrives... That way if you have to call back and clear things up, you have a bit more credibility... Especially if you need to speak with a Manager later on..

3) Always be polite with the agent... You will catch a lot more flies with honey than you will with vinegar... Generally, agents have a set script they follow when processing calls... If you are a little on the ornery side, they will generally folllow the script and that's it... If you are extremely polite and courteous, they will sometimes go wayy out of their way to assist... If you must yell at someone, save it for the manager... That's what they are there for.. :)

those are some really good ideas....and i was extrememely kind on the phone. i subscribe to the nice as pie theory to get your way in the world.

in response to me making a blanket statement or the fact the title was a little harsh....i was just trying to get some feedback for the problems I was having. I was a bit taken aback by having so many things wrong with my reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter