Meeting up at MCO with someone at different terminal

The bit about not being able to get back to place X because of being outside security threw me.

I said that because you were talking about going back into the terminal to meet her. You can’t and there’s no need.

The center area, the area with the hyatt regency, the food court, Starbucks, a bunch of shopping...are all available PRE security.

Leave the secure area, go to baggage claim, go back to the central area, and wait for her. My cousin and I do this for Princess half marathon weekend each year. I arrive by plane and she arrives by shuttle from Daytona. We get coffee and head on over to magical express.

Once you’re there you’ll see how simple it is. Erase the map of your airport from of your head lol. SeaTac doesn’t work like MCO either. All airports are different. :)

OK...basically here's the layout. MCO has one big center area, with shops and a large food court. T
And according to the airport map site, this area is open to the public, as well as arriving and departing passengers.

Its a really well-done and informative site.

Last edited:
If I retrieve my bag will I or won't I be able to get to the other terminal to meet my sister?

The only thing after security is the tram that takes you to the gates. If you are meeting your sister in the food court in the center area, you will not need to ride the tram or get to the gate area. Therefore, you won't have to pass through security.

the food court is pretty big .... in the central area mentioned there is ONE information kiosk ..... a good pace to meet and any airport worker can send you to the right place ....

OR if there will be time to kill ... in the main center you find an escalator up to the desk area of the airport hotel. There is a nice lounge area here with sofas and chairs and no crowds. A secret locals know about for a nice place to chill and kill time ....

the food court is pretty big .... in the central area mentioned there is ONE information kiosk ..... a good pace to meet and any airport worker can send you to the right place ....

OR if there will be time to kill ... in the main center you find an escalator up to the desk area of the airport hotel. There is a nice lounge area here with sofas and chairs and no crowds. A secret locals know about for a nice place to chill and kill time ....
Huh....who knew!! Thanks.

I'll have to keep that in mind. :disrocks:

Years back around 2000 they used to have a business in MCO that you could "rent" out office space for short time periods for short money. You got a private office with a desk, nice leather reclining desk chair, high speed internet, etc. Used that once when I took a bump and had 4 hours to kill. I just may have even dozed off in the desk chair for a bit :)

Also the Chili's, located up one level from the security for Gates 1-59, can be a nice place to go to get away from the hub bub if you also want a bite to eat or something to drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!