Meet Up, October 2018

brad813

DIS Veteran
Is anyone going to be at Disney either October 8-12 or October 15/16-19th? I am planning a few days at either end of my Carnival cruise(10/12-10/15), and was wondering if anyone would be interested in meeting and will be down there for the dates I have listed. I plan to spend most of my time at the parks at Epcot, and do plan to do MNSSHP(on one of the dates whichever week I choose). If you'd like to join me for one or more days, let me know.

Hello. I am arriving the 14th and departing the 21st. I planned this specifically to enjoy the Food and Wine Festival. This is my first solo trip and it's been seven years since my last visit to the World. I have been dozens of time and felt this was a good option for my first solo venture.

Hello. I am arriving the 14th and departing the 21st. I planned this specifically to enjoy the Food and Wine Festival. This is my first solo trip and it's been seven years since my last visit to the World. I have been dozens of time and felt this was a good option for my first solo venture.

Will be my second trip this year. Happy to meet up if you like, though I don't return to Florida until October 15th. Doing Food & Wine and the Halloween Party, and maybe ducking into Toy Story Land in Hollywood Studios if I have time. Kinda new to Disney all around, but figure I could try a few events and see if it is my thing or not.

I'll probably just miss you folks. I should be down for Food/Wine over 10/23-11/2. Other family will down during the same time but I find myself going off and doing my own things much of time. I think this will be my 10th F&W visit and I always try to plan for some of the weekend F&W events. F&W is great, but it can get very pricey (and gets worse every year). As long as you go in with the attitude that Disney will separate you from your money during the booth grazing you'll be fine. Trying to do F&W on a budget could be a challenge.

I'll probably just miss you folks. I should be down for Food/Wine over 10/23-11/2. Other family will down during the same time but I find myself going off and doing my own things much of time. I think this will be my 10th F&W visit and I always try to plan for some of the weekend F&W events. F&W is great, but it can get very pricey (and gets worse every year). As long as you go in with the attitude that Disney will separate you from your money during the booth grazing you'll be fine. Trying to do F&W on a budget could be a challenge.

That’s any food festival. I’m doing two days of it around a cruise. Realized when I planned to go last year that even I can’t do it all in one day.

I've done Food and Wine Fest a few times. Pricey, yes, but to be expected. Also, it's best to spread it out over a few days. Enjoy your trip.

I've done Food and Wine Fest a few times. Pricey, yes, but to be expected. Also, it's best to spread it out over a few days. Enjoy your trip.

Looks like it won't be too long before details for this years F&W is up too. The Swan and Dolphin is already putting info for the Food and Wine Classic up, so seems like the rest is around the corner.

I've rarely attended any of the for a fee events...I did a tequila tasting/pairing one year. Anyone have a favorite F&W event other than sampling from the various booths?

Over the years I've tried a lot of the various events. They do tend to change what they offer or modify the events from year to year, but some of my faves have been:

- PARISIAN BREAKFAST - I've done this multiple times ... a ton of food and the staff is always amazing. By the end of my meal the mimosas have usually morphed to champagne with a splash of orange.
- PARTY FOR THE SENSES - Highly recommend reserved seating and a bit of patience with some of the more crowed lines, but besides that great food and entertainment as well as a chance to chat with some very accomplished chefs who are proud to show off their skills
- 3D DESSERT DISCOVERY PARTY - I don't know if they'll bring this event back to the World Showplace, but it was similar to the Party for the Senses focusing on desserts and alcohols with a great cover band playing 'sweet/food' themed cover songs.
- MIX IT/SHAKE IT LIKE THE FRENCH - Another event I hope they bring back. This was upstairs in Monsieur Paul's where you got the chance to mix up various Grand Mariner cocktails while the world class pastry chefs would bring around fresh made sweets. I heard this morphed into a newer make-it /mix it seminar series that gets good reviews ... but it still doesn't sound as good as the France pavilion event

I arrive 7th October fly back home on 21st October staying at Pop Century
I will be there the 13th and departing on the 21st. Another Dis-er and I are meeting up for dinner in Morocco the evening of the 16th if you would like to join us.

Dawn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!