Meet the Robinsons Summer 2013 Day One

jillrobinson

DIS Veteran
Thought I ought to do a quick trippie as this is probably our last family visit. Yes, I have thought/said that before.
The cast:
Me Jill Disney geek old enough to know better
Rob my long suffering husband and our sons
Jamie 19 and Liam 14

1292966_10201943279249685_796416942_o.jpg

So the 2013 return trip was going to be a quickie weekend in March just me and Liam for our birthdays, then Jamie decided he'd like to come along and try going into Paris, then Rob decided he'd like to do Paris too and the trip got longer as we tried to fit more in and eventually I cancelled it and rebooked for July. All good :thumbsup2

We had a few ups and downs just before the trip and I did consider cancelling again - my mum in law was very ill, she's now had her op, kidney and tumour removed and all is well, Rob had his motorcycle stolen, insurers wouldn't pay out and Rob has to have bike for work (this is still ongoing btw ombudsman is our next step) so our spending money took a battering, luckily DLP came up trumps with their free HB offer, which saved us a fortune and with a rethink of a few of our planned days out from the park pixiedust: "Cinderella you shall go to the ball"

Day One Wednesday 10th July

We flew from Bristol to CDG, it's my preferred transport means and we were picked up by RS transports, (they were running late but did ring to tell me), for our transfer to the Rive Gauche Serris Apartments in Val d'Europe. I booked this last minute when the Disney HB offer came out, so we were just staying 1 night here. I was impressed for £72 I had b+b for 4 adults. Check in was easy with lovely friendly receptionists and the room was more than adequate, i wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

We popped out for a walk and ended up in Auchan OMG what a supermarket I could spend all day in there, bought some sandwiches and drinks and headed back to the apartment where we we could see the spot lights from Disney Dreams and just hear the music. How exciting :cool1:

Oooh Im in - lovely start Jill. Any word on the bike insurance since? What a pain. I remember reading about it at the time and thinking you'd be fine, the insurance would cover it. Stressful but at least you got to move things about a bit and have your holiday :)

I'm in to Jill :)
Great start .
I booked the sejours for our October trip next year got a for bed and a studio for £113 a night for both, room only but from what you have said the supermarket going to give some breakfast options.:goodvibes
You all look very happy xxx

:wave2::wave2:

Just signing in for your trip report. We are staying at the same apartments for 4 nights from tomorrow and couldn't believe how cheap it was. I love Auchan too ... will be picking up some croissants etc for breakfast.

Looking forward to the next installment. :goodvibes:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter