May 2024 Exercise Thread - Happy Disney Moms Month!

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
Welcome to the May 2024 exercise thread! Since Mothers' Day is this month, let's celebrate some of the many moms in our favorite Disney movies while we keep track of our exercise minutes. 🌺🌼🌸🌼🌺

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. You can post daily or just catch up when you can. You decide what movement counts towards your goal - which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day. Since May has 31 days, here are some common conversions:

15 minutes/day = 465
20 minutes/day = 620
30 minutes/day = 930
45 minutes/day = 1395
1 hour/day = 1860

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress:

10% - Mrs. Banks Blue
25% - Off-Camera Orange
50% - Perdita Purple
75% - Mrs. Potts Pink
90% - Ariel Red
100% - Sarabi's Savannah Green

We’re officially starting this challenge on May 1st (even though I didn't get the thread posted until May 2nd) - but if you don’t find the thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join! There's no better time than the present to start toward your goals!! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Participants:

PollyannaMom - 300/600
ShannyMcB - 150/315
sophy1996 - 610/1200
Elizabeth Smith - 300/700
MsHershey - 525/1200
CarolineBowmanFan37 - 570/2000
DianaMB333 - 1260/1680
----------------------------------

Team Total: 3,715/7,695 and 48%

Last edited:
Good, morning, happy Sunday, and congrats to MsHershey, ShannyMcB, and sophy1996 on reaching Mrs. Banks Blue!! :jumping3::jumping3::jumping3:

The team is up to 545/4015 and blue as well, already at 14% goal! :cheer2:

For today's Disney Mom Honoree, I was searching for another one who wears blue, and found one who actually is blue:
1714919896067.png Laurel Lightfoot, from Onward - a mom who...
fights a dragon to give her sons the chance to complete their quest!

Sun-5/5 - 15
Mon-5/6 - 15
Tue-5/7 - 25
------------------
135/600

Great work everyone, and I hope Charles is feeling better!

The team is at 785 minutes!! :cheer2:

Today's Disney Mom is Julieta Madrigal, mother of Isabela, Luisa, and Mirabel in Encanto. Just as many of our own moms kissed a booboo to make us feel better, she has the magical power to heal injuries. - In the movie we see her enchanted cooking fix everything from a bee sting to a black eye to a broken arm.

1715168507400.png

Charles is on the mend, it seems. Still dealing with a runny nose and cough, but he's toughing it out. I ended up running a fever on Monday and Tuesday, with some of the classic side effects--aching body, chills, headache--but my flu test came back negative. 🤷‍♀️ I'm going to head into work for the full day tomorrow (Thursday, I mean). I've been working after hours to avoid the potential spread of flu germs to other people in the office.

Anyway, since I'm feeling fine, I got 40 minutes in both Tuesday and Wednesday.

130/700

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter