Max Pass/transfer/groups?

JenniferFolsomCa

Mouseketeer
Say if I get max pass fastpass tickets for my daughter and I at 8:00 and my friends show up later like at 9, can my daughter and her friend use the fastpasses I reserved at 8 that might be valid starting at 9? Obviously, we each have a ticket but part of our group might arrive later and I want the kids to ride together and of course the adults can skip.

Is this allowed? Or do they check the maxpass/fastpasses and make sure that each person matches their fastpass? I understand checking for entry into the parks of course and know they have tickets associated with it.

Also, what happens when they arrive? Can we combine the 4 tickets on our phones so that way we can make sure we get return times that are the same?

Jenn

Yes. The easiest thing to do is for your daughter to show both FP's on her phone (you'll need to make sure she links your ticket on her Max Pass account). You just swipe to the left to see the 2nd pass. We just did this last weekend for our friends. My husband and I booked FP's for Guardians for friends who were arriving late (too late for Max pass). We let them use one of our phones to go through the ride. Whether or not it's frowned upon? Well, I'm sure there will be some who say it is, but essentially it's as if you're giving them your paper FP's. So, I don't see the harm.

Say if I get max pass fastpass tickets for my daughter and I at 8:00 and my friends show up later like at 9, can my daughter and her friend use the fastpasses I reserved at 8 that might be valid starting at 9? Obviously, we each have a ticket but part of our group might arrive later and I want the kids to ride together and of course the adults can skip.

Is this allowed? Or do they check the maxpass/fastpasses and make sure that each person matches their fastpass? I understand checking for entry into the parks of course and know they have tickets associated with it.

Also, what happens when they arrive? Can we combine the 4 tickets on our phones so that way we can make sure we get return times that are the same?

Jenn
The ticket used to acquire the MP will need to be used for entrance scanning to enter the ride. Keep in mind some of the rides have two scan verification locations in the line.

Unless everyone purchases MaxPass, you cannot get FPs via the app for everyone...only guests that have purchased MaxPass can use the app to get FPs. For guests without Maxpass, you'll have to go collect FPs manually. As long as you pull the FPs at the same time, you should all get the same return time (or within 5 minutes if you happen to be there when the time windows rolls).

We will all have maxpasses, just thought I should get Guardians of the Galaxy FP when we first arrive, since it gets busy and I know they won't arrive as quickly. Hopefully an hour after we arrive so it might work out well. I am super not tech savvy so hope the app is easy to link tickets, etc. My teenager is more likely to get it right than I will!

Jenn

I may have misunderstood your situation. Everyone has to purchase Maxpass for their own ticket, so you won't be able to get FP's for your friends until they arrive and purchase it on the app. In our case, our friends arrived too late in the evening (most FP's were gone for the day). We let them use our phones to scan the FPs for Guardians we had bc we had purchased it earlier in the day.

I think you're asking if you can give your ticket/FP to someone else? If so, yes, they don't check names or anything.

And your separately asking if after your friends arrive if you can link all of your tickets on your phone to pull for future fastpasses, correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter