Matterhorn Closed

Emmo

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if the Matterhorn is closed for refurb yet or it it still open? Disneyland.com says it is closed from 5th Sept til 14th december but I know people have ridden it very recently!

I wanna ride this when I go early November!

It's definitely closed right now... as of 9/22.

Seen the fence around most of the attraction and the dry waterfalls myself...

It's definetely closed. And considering it's been 2 years since it's last refurb, I am sure Dec 14th is when it's reopen. Normally they will get it reopened just prior to Thanksgiving, but that's when it gets a yearly refurb. Just and FYI to all who are planning DL trips in future years--the Matterhorn usually goes down every fall from right after Labor day until at least sometime Thansgiving week. This attraction is nearly 50 years old and because there's a lot of stress on it (it is a roller coaster after all) it needs annual maitenence.

I spoke with dl rep today, said it would open on 12/15/06 :thumbsup2

Oh well, looks like my Husband will have to bring me back to ride it!!

Thanks everyone for all your help!

Yup, it's closed just like everybody else mentioned. The only real news I can give you guys is that the bobsleds are going to be getting a new restraint system. The older one was VERY outdated...to say the least. LOL. :lmao:

...Joe...

JosephTNielsen said:
Yup, it's closed just like everybody else mentioned. The only real news I can give you guys is that the bobsleds are going to be getting a new restraint system. The older one was VERY outdated...to say the least. LOL. :lmao:

...Joe...

What's wrong with the old seat belts? :rotfl2:
They work don't they? :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter