Marvel Movies to Watch before Infinity War?

cindybelle90

Mouseketeer
Never thought I would be interested in any of the Marvel movies until I watched Guardians Vol 1 two weeks ago with my DH who is a Marvel fan. What Marvel movies are a “must watch” before seeing Infinity War? My DH would say all of them ;)

I would say:

Iron Man
Captain America - The First Avenger
Avengers
Captain America - Winter Soldier
Avengers - Age of Ultron
Guardians of the Galaxy
Captain America - Civil War
Thor Ragnarok

Those are the important ones for the Infinity Storyline. I might add Doctor Strange, and possibly Black Panther if it is a heavy lead-in. Now, I'd still recommend the other films just because they're all really good, but those are the core of it.

Last edited:

I would add the first Thor to @BrianL 's list.

Yeah, I left that off because it didn't really tie into the Infinity stone story, however, all of the initial intro movies lay a good foundation for everything (hence why I included Iron Man). I did leave off Thor: The Dark World which does show one of the stones in use.

Honestly, they're all good, so I can't really advise against watching them all!

For others looking to catch up, Avengers will be on USA on Thursday night and Avengers-Age of Ultron will be on TNT on Sunday. Got my DVR set. Guess Disney/Marvel must still have some sort of agreement with the Turner company.

For others looking to catch up, Avengers will be on USA on Thursday night and Avengers-Age of Ultron will be on TNT on Sunday. Got my DVR set. Guess Disney/Marvel must still have some sort of agreement with the Turner company.

The movies are spread across a lot of the cable channels. USA is not part of Turner. Sometimes some of them appear on FX too. I don't recommend watching them all chopped up for TV, but it'll do in a pinch.

The movies are spread across a lot of the cable channels. USA is not part of Turner. Sometimes some of them appear on FX too. I don't recommend watching them all chopped up for TV, but it'll do in a pinch.
Thanks I will see what I can what elsewhere first.

I would say:

Iron Man
Captain America - The First Avenger
Avengers
Captain America - Winter Soldier
Avengers - Age of Ultron
Guardians of the Galaxy
Captain America - Civil War
Thor Ragnarok

Those are the important ones for the Infinity Storyline. I might add Doctor Strange, and possibly Black Panther if it is a heavy lead-in. Now, I'd still recommend the other films just because they're all really good, but those are the core of it.

These are what I would say too!

After many recommendations here and by other friends/family I am going to watch all of them and in order. Started my “Marvel movie challenge” last night with Iron Man. Next up is Incredible Hulk.

Side note: I know I am 10 years late to the party but wow Iron Man is an awesome movie! Not your typical superhero movie IMO. Iron Man had a great storyline. My DH said all the Marvel movies for the most part have a good storyline.

After many recommendations here and by other friends/family I am going to watch all of them and in order. Started my “Marvel movie challenge” last night with Iron Man. Next up is Incredible Hulk.

Side note: I know I am 10 years late to the party but wow Iron Man is an awesome movie! Not your typical superhero movie IMO. Iron Man had a great storyline. My DH said all the Marvel movies for the most part have a good storyline.

Iron Man is pretty much the template for most of the Marvel movies. If you liked that, then you should be in for a fun ride!

The creme de la creme.

Iron Man
The Avengers
The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Civil War
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Thor: Ragnarok
Black Panther

The beta team

Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

The rest

The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Thor: Dark World

To "understand" the Infinity War?

Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
The Avengers
Thor: Dark World
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Doctor Strange
Thor: Ragnarok

To understand why everyone is where they are? Add

Civil War, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 and maybe Black Panther

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter