Marvel Crashed the Website

darnheather

DIS Veteran
Disney decided to open up all the Marvel meet and greats for what might be all upcoming themed cruises tonight. I've been waiting for 15 minutes for something to add to my cart. My guess is I won't be getting it. So frustrating. Why not stagger these things even by a day?

Now do I just go back to bed and try in the morning or keep my fingers crossed that I don't get kicked out of the system.

Same here, my cruise isn't til 11/11. Can't get on. Darn Disney, you'd think they'd be prepared for this. Glad I stayed up.....

I'm on the 10/28 and none have been able to get in. Why am I not surprised? Going to bed and retry at 5 am. Frustrated they also didn't do special windows based on CC status.

I have not received sufficient information re this. My Marvel cruise is not until April. These character options open at the time of our booking window, correct? Where are these options found?

Good luck to those whose cruises are sooner. Very frustrating to have the system crash.

I'm disappointed that we have to register for character greeting at all. I gave them feedback after the Star Wars cruise. If this is what you're selling (that is, focus on Marvel, or Star Wars) a customer shouldn't have to scramble to make it happen. They should have plenty of character time for anyone who is interested. My bad for being a sucker and signing up for another one. :-/

Are these only avaialbable to book if you are within your activities booking window? Cruise is in April so can I not book until January? Thanks, email was confusing.

It really made no sense that all Marvel cruises within the booking window opened for booking at the exact same time. Of course the system crashed! It was really poor planning on Disney's part. It took me about an hour and 20 minutes, but then I finally got through and booked for the 10/6 cruise.

Groot was sold out when I got up at 5. Crossing my fingers that more are added.

Same here... how is that even possible? There were still plenty of options for the other. Im going to keep checking - hoping something opens up for Groot.

Are these only avaialbable to book if you are within your activities booking window? Cruise is in April so can I not book until January? Thanks, email was confusing.

Yes, this is for cruises that are open to booking activities now. You'll be able to book in January.

Is there going to be additional activities that require booking? Is there a maximum? I wish there was More info. Like if signing up for these stop sign you from getting something else. I took the iron man one cause it was there, but wouldn't choose it over something ekse

I'm on the 2/18 Magic cruise and I can't find where to book these. I thought I needed to wait until 75 days out since we are first timers.

We cruise 10/14 and I went on the website this morning and there was nothing left...well, actually there was one spot for the Heroic Encounters at 8:45 am but then I started thinking my 2 year old female granddaughter would not really appreciate the Marvel characters so we left the spot for people who would really like to go.

Now, if a Princess M&G opened up we would be all over that....sadly we booked late so all the Princess M&G's were gone.

MJ

At least 50% of my cruise group is very upset. I don't mind signing up and I prefer online booking but last night was a huge mistake on DCL's part.

We cruise 10/14 and I went on the website this morning and there was nothing left...well, actually there was one spot for the Heroic Encounters at 8:45 am but then I started thinking my 2 year old female granddaughter would not really appreciate the Marvel characters so we left the spot for people who would really like to go.

Now, if a Princess M&G opened up we would be all over that....sadly we booked late so all the Princess M&G's were gone.

MJ

They do collect tickets right at the meet and greet for those people who the entire party didn't come and give them to people who may be wanting tickets. I hadn't realize they done this. My DH decided not to come with me and our DD and the staff who were taking the tickets said they would take his anyway and keep it in case someone walked up and asked if there was room then they could use his ticket.
Hopefully you will be able get see the princesses with your granddaughter :)
Have a great cruise!

They do collect tickets right at the meet and greet for those people who the entire party didn't come and give them to people who may be wanting tickets. I hadn't realize they done this. My DH decided not to come with me and our DD and the staff who were taking the tickets said they would take his anyway and keep it in case someone walked up and asked if there was room then they could use his ticket.
Hopefully you will be able get see the princesses with your granddaughter :)
Have a great cruise!

Thank you for that info....can't hurt to ask them if there are any tix!

MJ

We started trying just before midnight and had no luck. We couldn't get beyond the "Your Reservations" page. After an hour and 20 minutes, we were able to access the activities page at about 1:10 AM. At that point there was limited availability for Groot but the Heroic Encounters: Mission New York was available all day. We were surprised that the sign-ups were not staggered according to cruise dates or CC status. Hopefully, DCL will fix this problem for the next group of Marvel sailings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter