March Break Flights

We are booked for March Break. Luckily ours is the first week of March so not quite peak times yet, but still fairly pricy . We got our flight to MCO with Aeroplan points (direct!) and our return flight I booked a one way with Air Transat as soon as they were released . I have learned that booking ASAP will give you the cheapest flights.

We are booked for March Break. Luckily ours is the first week of March so not quite peak times yet, but still fairly pricy . We got our flight to MCO with Aeroplan points (direct!) and our return flight I booked a one way with Air Transat as soon as they were released . I have learned that booking ASAP will give you the cheapest flights.

Same here. 2 Airlines were out and pricey and so watched remaining airlines and booked right when they released. Seemed to work for getting 'ok' prices.

Anybody booked anything for March Break yet?

Here in AB, it looks like just about every school division has their break during the last week of March. Right now the prices are beyond ridiculous. Our preferred WJ nonstop from YEG is currently around $3700 for two because they haven't released any fare other than the high-priced "Flex" fares. I mean, really, one way fares of over $1300 per person?Even our old standby, United, is $1350 per person for economy. Probably academic as we have pretty much decided not to return to the US until some "things" change or at least improve.

I have been watching and fretting for months but I bit the bullet this week and booked $700 return from YWG to FLL. Yes, Fort Lauderdale is a 3 hour drive to the home I booked but even the car rental was cheaper if we went there instead of MCO. I never in a million years would choose to travel at this time but it's the only week I can get my sister (an educator) to come along.

I have been watching and fretting for months but I bit the bullet this week and booked $700 return from YWG to FLL. Yes, Fort Lauderdale is a 3 hour drive to the home I booked but even the car rental was cheaper if we went there instead of MCO. I never in a million years would choose to travel at this time but it's the only week I can get my sister (an educator) to come along.

We are alos flying out of ywg, we don't need tp fly until the 29th, so just hitting the tail end of the break, I ma finding the flights are horrible, multiple stops, long waits for connections, or really pricey. We are watching closely.

We are alos flying out of ywg, we don't need tp fly until the 29th, so just hitting the tail end of the break, I ma finding the flights are horrible, multiple stops, long waits for connections, or really pricey. We are watching closely.

I've been looking at all sorts of options from driving to Minneapolis, Fargo, etc. and it's all crap. I even looked at Sunwing but it's all over $700. I decided to get the FLL flights and switched rental car quotes to that airport and it saves quite a bit. The prices straight to MCO are beyond ridiculous. OMG.

Just booked our March Break flights last night. Direct flights out of Halifax, $2400 for 4 on Westjet. With our WJ card and the companion flight got them for $1600. Crazy to be booking this far out but we did the same flights 2 years ago and they jumped up to $3000 by the fall, so we jumped on these now.

Flights are definately going to be our big expense. We are planning to go to DL with DMIL, DBIL/DSIL and their girls (8&4) plus us 3. We are in Victoria so I may look at flights out of YVR, but for 3 for us on AC for the days we want is $2000 for 3 to LA. I have looked at other airports and YIKES. If we do a flight after 11am we could probably take the boat and bus/skytrain in time. We can afford to go, we just have to make choices about flights and stuff, whereas DH brother and family make quite a bit more than us and probably won't worry about flight prices. I know MIL wants us to all fly together, but if leaving a day earlier and pulling DD from school for 1/2 day before saves us like $200 each on flights , I'll do it and say see you when you get there. Even booking a hotel room for the extra day still makes it worth while.

After a lot of back and forth we’ve decided to go for March Break this year. We will be staying offsite in a condo at the Sheraton Vistana. To keep the budget manageable we are driving from Southern Ontario. With one night at a hotel on the way there and another on the way home , gas, and food on the road we are looking at about $750 to drive vs. $2000 or more to fly on the March Break. The only flights I can see now are over $2500 and I can’t imagine Southwest or Jetblue will be much better when released .. The border cities know when Ontario March Break is and price flights accordingly.

We just got back from a cross Canada driving trip to the Rockies. We took our time on the way out but drove 34 hours in three days on the way home. We did great and the drive to Florida will be nothing after that. I’m actually looking forward to it.

For future holiday we booked a cruise out of New Jersey. That way we'll have the option of driving (from Ontario) if flights are crazy expensive. This year we did (relatively) ok by booking right when flights rekeased.

I think I posted a while back that we became regular drivers from Eastern Ontario a few years back and have saved tons over booking airfare for March break; like @pigletto we realized the we didn't mind the drive that much. For us it's all part of the adventure!

This year we are going to Cabo instead so driving is impractical; that might be a bit more adventure than we can handle. We booked airfare the day the WestJet had released our dates; weeks ago now. That probably made sense for the first leg anyway as it is YOW to YYC; I imagine lots of ski bums heading west. May not have been necessary to rush the second leg for YYC to SJD as its not break time in Alberta, but why chance it? We splurged and treated ourselves to WJ+ this trip. Wasn't a ton more $$ and it is a pretty long haul over 2 days each way (overnight in Calgary both directions).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!