Mansions or Bayou at POR

We've stayed at both, on the same trip once even.
Didn't find it made much difference at all.
The entire place is pretty peaceful if you ask me.

DH and I have recently stayed in both Mansions and AB - both are lovely! After reading descriptions, I thought I preferred the Mansions, but after being there in person I actually enjoyed the atmosphere in the AB section more. I think the heavy foliage make it seem more quiet & isolated. We were in a ground floor, corner room in building 36. It was a very doable - for two 60 year olds! - walk to the lobby & food court and the bus stop was just across the parking lot. We love POR!

My DH and I just got back from a 5-day stay at POR and we loved it! We were in the Bayou section, and we didn't really have a preference when we arrived...we wanted to wait and see where they put us. We ended up LOVING it and will always ask for Bayou from now on. The Bayou section really makes you feel set apart from everything as it is covered with trees and you feel like you're staying at a cabin in the woods. Even with that secluded feeling, we never felt like the walk to the food court was cumbersome (we were in building 39) and enjoyed the stroll each day to the main area and the pool.

I prefer the Mansions, I like how the area looks better, but we ended up in the bayou once and I was surprised at how cozy and comfy the room felt, it was actually very nice

We did Alligator Bayou but it was a surprise trip for my wife's birthday. We were on the second floor; corner room so it at two sets of windows. We absolutely loved it. We weren't near a pool and so the room was very quiet. It was a little longer of a walk to the main building but that was ok with us. We were in room 3437 and can't wait to go back.

We just returned from POR. We were in building 18. AB side, preferred room. We found it to be almost 'messy' with all the trees and the leaves all over the ground everywhere. The pool area was also very shaded, there was no sun because of all the trees. Lots of leaves and stuff in the pool too. We walked over to the Mansion pool one day and preferred that area. It was clean, manicured lawn, nice sunny pool, more open. If we stay there again (which I don't think we will because we didn't love this resort) we will definitely request the mansion side.

To me it’s mansion side hands down - not even close. The bayou looks much less manicured and more “swampy”. The mansion side is beautiful.

Thank you, everyone!

Seems like AB is the favorite here. Do you have a building preference you’d like to share? Thanks again!
I enjoy being close to the west bus stop, since it's the first drop off and pick up. I've stayed in building 24 and 34 but enjoyed 34 more. I think near there is a great area.

And I agree with all the other posters - Bayou is way more immersive and beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!