Mammogram Results-I'm losing it at work, please help me.(Update!!, Pg.6, #83)

I'm glad everything worked out fine for you. I know how you feel as I have to have blood work and xrays done routinely and it is very stressful when they call you back in for more films, waiting for the results, waiting to talk to the doctor. To calm myself, I always say that if it is something, you can't change it and hopefully they can fix it! Good Luck!:goodvibes

Hello, Im new to this web site. I was wondering if anyone could offer me some peace of mind. I went for a mammo last friday. The office called me back almost a week later to tell me i need to come back for an additional mammo on my right breast. The nurse told me not to worry but I cant help it. Asymmetric density is seen in the central right breast that may represent overlapping fibroglandular parenchyma. Spot compression views of the right breast and if needed an ultrasound. My Gyno also said dont worry. So why cant I stop worrying. Breast cancer does not run in my family and I never had a call back. Anyway I feel like jumping out of a window!!! Iam a 43 year old mess.:confused3

Hello, Im new to this web site. I was wondering if anyone could offer me some peace of mind. I went for a mammo last friday. The office called me back almost a week later to tell me i need to come back for an additional mammo on my right breast. The nurse told me not to worry but I cant help it. Asymmetric density is seen in the central right breast that may represent overlapping fibroglandular parenchyma. Spot compression views of the right breast and if needed an ultrasound. My Gyno also said dont worry. So why cant I stop worrying. Breast cancer does not run in my family and I never had a call back. Anyway I feel like jumping out of a window!!! Iam a 43 year old mess.:confused3

Mary, have you read this whole thread? You will probably see that many women go though this. Most are fine - it was nothing. For the ones that turn out to be a problem - they've dealt with it. YOU CAN TOO! Of course, it's easy to tell you: "don't worry", but it's a whole other thing to actually not worry. You can't change anything by worrying; you will deal with whatever happens. You have to believe that you are strong enough.

Stay busy. Do things to get your mind off of this.

Marysxx, hang in there! Read this thread. I have worked in a rad facility for 13 years now, and I can certainly attest that addition views are a common occurrence. Many times it is overlapping tissue. I will say a prayer for you and send you hugs!

I had my first call back in May right around the same time as the OP. Your case and mine are a lot alike. I'm 42 no history of bc in my family, right breast etc. I went in and had another mammo and then they sent me for an ultrasound (they get "better" pics there I guess) the technician couldn't even find ANYTHING to take a picture of. Believe me, it was an HOUR of her scanning my right breast and NOTHING. She finally snapped a few in the location the doc told her to. I still have to go have another in November, but they are NOT concerned.

Hang in there!! :hug:

I know this is an old one, but I am freaking out because I got one of those letters yesterday and I know exactly how she felt. I am so scared.

I would love to offer you peace of mind but it took a few years for me to get it. At the age of 45 I too had the call to come back for another image and was told by the nurse not to worry at all that this is normal. It wasn't. I had cancer. Long story short I had 3 surgeries and 8 weeks of radiation and I have been cancer free for 2 years now. Breast cancer was not in my family either.

I wish the very best but please know, if by chance you get the result I did, it is very much treatable. Now I add "survivor" to my list of accomplishments in my life.

I know this is an old one, but I am freaking out because I got one of those letters yesterday and I know exactly how she felt. I am so scared.

Hi there. It's hard to say Don't worry. Because I know I would, but I worry about everything!! I work at a radiology facility for over twenty years and it is very common to be called back. Many times it is resolved with further testing. Maybe a follow up again in 6 months to keep an eye on things. And yes, sometimes, there is a problem. Just know, as another has said, if there is a problem it is treatable.

There is another thread somewhere in the Dis dedicated to breast cancer and it's info and members were priceless to me at the time my mother was diagnosed w breast cancer. (Was treated, it sucked, but she is doing great 7 years later!) But one thing that was said, that I still think of to this day, in many situations, is "Don't bleed til you're shot". It's very hard, but try not to imagine worst case scenario. Hang in there!!!! It is nerve wracking! Sending you wishes for good results and strength while you go through this!!!

There is another thread somewhere in the Dis dedicated to breast cancer and it's info and members were priceless to me
https://www.disboards.com/threads/dis-breast-cancer-survivors-part-iv-gagwta.2833381/

Welcome to the dis, mel. You will find much support and knowledge in the thread linked above.

Take it slow, day at a time. Waiting is amongst the toughest of things we have to do, always is. My wife, a 19 year, stage III cancer survivor, experiences the angst of waiting every year. God bless you. :hug:'s

Hi there. It's hard to say Don't worry. Because I know I would, but I worry about everything!! I work at a radiology facility for over twenty years and it is very common to be called back. Many times it is resolved with further testing. Maybe a follow up again in 6 months to keep an eye on things. And yes, sometimes, there is a problem. Just know, as another has said, if there is a problem it is treatable.

There is another thread somewhere in the Dis dedicated to breast cancer and it's info and members were priceless to me at the time my mother was diagnosed w breast cancer. (Was treated, it sucked, but she is doing great 7 years later!) But one thing that was said, that I still think of to this day, in many situations, is "Don't bleed til you're shot". It's very hard, but try not to imagine worst case scenario. Hang in there!!!! It is nerve wracking! Sending you wishes for good results and strength while you go through this!!!

I know this is old post but I m going through same conditions. I did my ultrasound first it came out normal but than doc ask me to do Mamo I did today and tech told me that they might call you for more images and rot ultrasound . I m from Canada Ontario..is anyone know ? If they call back how early they call back if it’s smthing auspicious? Since last week I can’t sleep , eat or talk to anyone just thinking abt this and crying pls help me if anyone has idea

I know this is old post but I m going through same conditions. I did my ultrasound first it came out normal but than doc ask me to do Mamo I did today and tech told me that they might call you for more images and rot ultrasound . I m from Canada Ontario..is anyone know ? If they call back how early they call back if it’s smthing auspicious? Since last week I can’t sleep , eat or talk to anyone just thinking abt this and crying pls help me if anyone has idea
Call backs are very common. Just take it one step at a time. I was called back after my first mammogram. They did another plus an ultrasound. All was well, but the ultrasound did reveal ANOTHER lump! It too was benign but they followed that lump for two years with mammograms and ultrasound every six months. That was the protocol. I too am in Ontario. They are being thorough and giving you the best care. I’d call your GP if it’s been a week though and put a rush on those results. No need to wait. I went to Mt Sinai where they give you results before you go home and you speak directly with a radiologist. If there is more follow up, insist on a major university hospital that puts patient centred care first—many community hospitals do not.

My situation was a bit different in that I found a lump, got in for a mammogram a few weeks later, was immediately sent into the next room for an ultrasound, right after that u/s they did a core biopsy and I got the results of the biopsy 8 long days later. In my case it was actually breast cancer but that was over 12 years ago and I am just fine now.

The wait can be a nightmare, I know. If you want to vent or ask questions, please feel free to send me a private message or email at sgillen *at* shaw.ca

Call backs are very common. Just take it one step at a time. I was called back after my first mammogram. They did another plus an ultrasound. All was well, but the ultrasound did reveal ANOTHER lump! It too was benign but they followed that lump for two years with mammograms and ultrasound every six months. That was the protocol. I too am in Ontario. They are being thorough and giving you the best care. I’d call your GP if it’s been a week though and put a rush on those results. No need to wait. I went to Mt Sinai where they give you results before you go home and you speak directly with a radiologist. If there is more follow up, insist on a major university hospital that puts patient centred care first—many community hospitals do not.
Thank you so much for reply...I went to trillium hospital as I live in Mississauga...they said they will might call back for more pic of memogram ..I went yesterday morning and still waiting for their call..though I did my ultrasound before my memogram which turn out to normal ..no msss..!but doc said memogram is different and they cannot b same result.. waiting is killing me..i think I will get a heart a track before I get result of memogram ..my doc priscribe anti Anxiety pill .. and it is also not working please help me if anyone know that how early they can call you for repeat images for memogram

My situation was a bit different in that I found a lump, got in for a mammogram a few weeks later, was immediately sent into the next room for an ultrasound, right after that u/s they did a core biopsy and I got the results of the biopsy 8 long days later. In my case it was actually breast cancer but that was over 12 years ago and I am just fine now.

The wait can be a nightmare, I know. If you want to vent or ask questions, please feel free to send me a private message or email at sgillen *at* shaw.ca
I m new to this site don’t know how to do private msg please help me

I agree for sure .. how early I got call back for another memogram?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!