Making sure to make it on time!!!

aceburton1

Earning My Ears
My family and I are notorious for being late. I am trying to make sure that we are punctual in getting to our breakfast reservations on time... We will be staying at the AllStar Movies resort. We do have a car to drive. We are hoping to park at Magic Kingdom and walk to Ohana's for this breakfast so that we can ride the monorail to Epcot after our breakfast and back at the end of the day. We also have a breakfast at Tusker House the day we will be in Animal Kingdom.

Both breakfasts start at 8:05. Any advice as to what time we should leave our hotel to make sure we get there on time?

So you'll be leaving your car at TTC then, not at the Poly, correct? I'd definitely leave the resort at 7am. Its best to be safe than sorry.

As others have said, 7am is good. In regards to time saving, I would have everything ready the night before if possible. I'm not a morning person, so I always lay out my clothes the night before and have my park bag ready to go the next day. Also consider showering the night before. Good luck!

With an 8:05 ADR for both of those scenarios, I would leave at 7:15 and by that I mean in the car and on your way by 7:15 so you need to factor in the amount of time it takes to get from room to car. Leaving at 7:15 will get you to both of those parking lots by 7:30. You'll be able to walk to Poly in about 5 minutes or so so you'll be plenty early which is a pretty good idea at Ohana's because they are notoriously behind schedule. For AK, you have security to get through and I'm not sure what the current situation is with security lines with Pandora now open, perhaps somebody else will chime in with that. But on an average crowd day, 1/2 hour from parking lot to Tusker House is plenty of time.

7:15 sounds about right, but...

My family and I are notorious for being late

Make it 7:00 ;)

715 sounds right for Animal Kingdom.
I would have no desire to deal with TTC and the monorail for the Ohana/Epcot day. So I would drive to the Polynesian for breakfast, and then drive to Epcot.

I would have no desire to deal with TTC and the monorail for the Ohana/Epcot day. So I would drive to the Polynesian for breakfast, and then drive to Epcot.
We have never been on the monorail and want to experience it. Probably not as cool as my husband thinks it will be. But it beats walking I guess?

We have never been on the monorail and want to experience it. Probably not as cool as my husband thinks it will be. But it beats walking I guess?

I'd second driving to EP. The monorail goes down all the time. Plus there's nothing worse than climbing that monorail ramp after a long day in EP. Not to mention the crowds you'll be dealing with depending on what time you leave.

If hubby wants to ride the monorail, what about doing it on a MK day?

I would probably do the same as @ShirikiUtundu suggested...drive to poly, then drive to Epcot. Much easier. However, if you've never been on the monorail and would like to try, you can leave your car at TTC....go to poly, then go to epcot from poly. Or you can take the monorail to poly from TTC, then go back to TTC to get your car and drive to epcot. That'll give you a short monorail ride, but at least after epcot you wont have to deal with the monorail. That walk up the ramp to get back on the monorail from epcot is rough after a long day!

If DH wants to do a monorail ride, you could just do a resort loop from the Poly after breakfast. Then you could drive to EP after that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter