Making ears and co ordinating outfits

bluejasmine

DIS Veteran
Hi yall Im totally new to this side of the board but I noticed so many ppl making these beautiful ears and outfits and I really want to do that.

Like the outfits were every day normal clothes but co ordinated in the colors of the character and had ears that they made that really made it amazing..

Can anyone help?

I have done this before. There are really good tutorials on Youtube. You need some fabric (in color/pattern of your choice), some thick craft foam, some cotton batting, a head band and and extra decoration you want (i.e. ribbon, beads, etc.)

There are some templates online of ear size, but you can also use a good, big mug to trace the circle ears. Then you just trim it so it will lay flat on the headband. You can either use hot glue or sew the circles together. Make sure to leave a seam allowance and to attach them pattern-side together. Then you flip them inside out, stuff them with batting and use the craft foam to make it stiff. (You'll want to cut the craft foam to approx the same size and shape as the fabric.)

Once they're stuffed then you'll attach the ears evenly spaced on the headband and then you can attach a bow and any other details you want!

Since you pick the fabric and accessories, you can make it match any character or outfit you want! There are also etsy sellers who make ears that coordinate to movies/characters. Honestly, by the time you buy all the materials and spend the time making them, you may prefer just to buy them yourself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!