"Make up your mind already!" WDW Christmas Time Dining Review COMPLETED!!

GHIRARDELLI​

Even though I was full from dinner, cold because I was wearing shorts, and tired from walking all day, I HAD to make a stop here! The GOLD RUSH sundae pictures here on DIS made it a must do! We had a difficult time finding a seat and they must have been short staffed because all of the tables that were empty were FILLED with empty dishes. After we waited what seemed like, and was pretty close to, 20 minutes for our sundae we set right in!

100_1757.jpg

DH said it was one of the best desserts “EVER”. He rated the sundae as a 5!
DanceAroundfood.jpg

I on the other hand had a completely different review (I know, I’m shocked too!). The “hot” fudge was not hot but cold and grimy. However, the peanut butter had a nice flavor and I liked that the sundae was layered. My rating was a 2.
nothappy.gif

That just goes to show you that everyone has their own tastes. I still love Ghirardelli though and will be trying something else on our next trip!

1900 Park Fare

I had a made to order OMELLETTE & it was out of this world! It was cooked perfectly to my taste.
The bacon at PF was delicious. The best bacon I have had on property as of yet. It was crispy and salty and actually tasted like bacon. The sticky buns were warm, soft & gooey. I WANT that recipe!!! I think I ate 4. *Laughing* The strawberry soup was delicious, I had 2 bowls! It tasted like a jello mold my mom makes that I love!

100_1761.jpg

100_1760.jpg

100_1759.jpg

100_1758.jpg

There is no hesitation when I rate this meal as a 5 and DH fully agrees! The service was great and we left ridiculously full!
DanceAroundfood.jpg

Columbia Harbour House

I was debating about getting the fish but I didn’t see tartar sauce-is it available here? We ended up splitting a tuna sandwich. The tuna was good but we couldn’t decide if the bread was stale or just toasted hours ago. We rated it as a 3.
100_1775.jpg

average.jpg

Cosmic Rays​

DH ordered the Rib Dinner

100_1796.jpg

I ordered the Chicken Dinner

100_1795.jpg

The ribs and chicken were fatty. I also got someone’s chicken that they sent back because the skin was folded over. (I didn’t want to make a scene and ask for a new piece. I should have…) The green beans were rubbery and the mashed potatoes had an…interesting flavor. Rating: 1. YUCK, IMO!
disliked.jpg

Boma​

I felt so SICK this day. I wanted to skip it but it was too delicious not to!

100_2106.jpg

100_2105.jpg

100_2104.jpg

The goat cheese & chive eggs were delicious. I am so glad that I decided to try them despite not liking goat cheese the one other time I tried it. I LOVED the banana bread! It was moist, sweet & soft. The bacon was okay, better than QS but not as good as PF. The potatoes were so delicious, me and DH are obsessed. We also LOVE the jungle juice! Definitely a 5, we still talk about it!
DanceAroundfood.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Well, That's It! I finished my very first dining review on DIS (and anywhere else for that matter). I enjoyed reflecting back on our trip in such detail. The biggest thing I have decided about as a result of this is that I will ALWAYS do the DDP! I did not think highly of the QS places before this trip and it hasn't changed. (Except, of course, for WGPE, EOS, and Flame Tree BBQ.)

I am hoping to take our next trip in November (over Thanksgiving). I am just not sure about the cost. We would like to go on a beach vacation this year. If we don't go this year, we will definitely be going next year. I have joined Sunshine Rewards, Inbox Dollars, and SimpleGPT, in hopes to gain some Disney Giftcards/Cash to be used specifically for Disney Vacations! It has become my "part-time job"!

I hope you enjoyed! :)

Thank You! Beauty & The Beast is my all time favorite Disney movie. When I was younger, I had the sleeping bag, play tent and my Dad even surprised me for my birthday by taking me to Beauty & The Beast on ICE! :) Oh, the memories.

:cheer2: WELCOME! I hope you enjoy my next installment.

Thank You! I like to think we're cute, too! :thumbsup2 I promise our meals get better as the week goes on! Hope you stick around!

Also, I am having the same thoughts as you! We didn't do the DDP, which was a mistake. I would much rather not have to deal with "forking" out cash for every meal. But, as I have been making my ADR list for our next trip (which isn't even planned yet :lmao:) I am beginning to wonder if we should just go with the DxDP. I am really thinking they need a DP that includes 2 TS meals per day. Just sayin'. ;) Now, that would suit my needs perfectly. We enjoy starting our day with a good meal and ending it with a good meal.

I agree a perfect DP would be 2 TS and 2 snacks a day. 3 meals in a day is just tooooo much with the TS portions you get. Plus I don't want to be wasting precious park time eating all the day away!!! Great Report:cool1:!

I really enjoyed your reviews! :cheer2: It brought back great memories of WPE. I think we used half of our counter service credits there.

Incidentally, bacon dipped in syrup is even better than sausage dipped in syrup! :cloud9:

Glad to hear your good review of Park Fare. We are planning on going there on our next trip. I also agree with your Cosmic Rays review. I did not enjoy the food there on my last trip. Thanks for you great reviews. I really enjoyed them.:)

I really enjoyed your reviews! :cheer2: It brought back great memories of WPE. I think we used half of our counter service credits there.

Incidentally, bacon dipped in syrup is even better than sausage dipped in syrup! :cloud9:

When we go back, we are most likely doing the DDP and will be using some of our CS credits at WGPE! YUM...:cloud9:

I agree a perfect DP would be 2 TS and 2 snacks a day. 3 meals in a day is just tooooo much with the TS portions you get. Plus I don't want to be wasting precious park time eating all the day away!!! Great Report:cool1:!

Now we must figure out which meals are the cheapest to pay OOP for, because I am NOT sacrificing my must do list (which I am working on tonight)! :laughing: You not wanting to sacrifice precious time in the park is exactly the reason why we didn't do a DP last trip and I was sooo tired! I think, for me, the next trip will be a couple days longer to ensure I still see everything but also to take it easier!
Glad to hear your good review of Park Fare. We are planning on going there on our next trip. I also agree with your Cosmic Rays review. I did not enjoy the food there on my last trip. Thanks for you great reviews. I really enjoyed them.:)

:thumbsup2
Just finished up reading your reviews! Great job..loved them!
Boma will be a first for us for breakfast.....it looks great so I am patiently waiting til July! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter