Make Sure You Get My Shake in the Pic *~* A Lavenous SWDAS Trip Report *~*3/4/17*~*

LOL!! I feel like I'm reading a re-hash of some of my past vacations!! We couldn't find our battery charger for our camera and had to stop at a few stores in search on the way to the airport flying to Hawaii in May of 2015 and then I realized I somehow packed a few less pairs of undies than days on trip when we went on our Alaskan cruise May/June 2015 (Then repeated that same issue on our Disney trip this past October---who does that twice??? :wave:)

:rotfl: I'm glad I'm not the only one! It's amazing with all the planning that goes into a Disney vacation the ability to forget undies and other essentials :rotfl2: I would love to go to Hawaii someday! :thumbsup2

Finally catching up (although we got off the Fantasy two weeks ago so what's my excuse?! lol) Our trip was totally LAVENOUS by the way! Not sure if I'm going to get around to doing a trip report or not, there are so many fabulous ones out there (yours included) that I'm just not sure my SWDAS cruise trip report would be worthy of the Disboards! Still, can't wait to read how your SWday went and compare to ours this year (I heard they made some slight improvements this year, for example, Jedi Training was very well organized and our girls loved it, not sure what yours was like last year, if you did it. ) We loved the Fantasy so much that now I'm hoping to book a Western Itinerary for Fall 2018 so I'm gonna have to come back and re read yours again closer to it.

I'm glad your trip was Lavenous as well! SWDAS was such a fun trip! :cool1:

Following along and loving your trip report!

Thanks for joining in! :banana:

I just read through this entire trip report so far last night. I love it and it sounds like you all have the most amazing trips together!:goodvibes

We finally took a year off from the parks for our first Disney Cruise last month and LOVED it! We were only on a 4-day on the Dream but we have a 7-day Eastern Caribbean with SWDAS booked for next February. :cheer2: I'm already excited! Do you still have links to any of your prior Trip reports?

Thanks so much for sharing!

-Kelly

Thanks for joining the party! We do have so much fun! We were the same way - we always went to the parks but now we are huge fans of the cruises - so glad we finally took a break from the parks to discover our love for the cruises! The Dream is a wonderful ship as well. My favorite part is Vanellopes :banana::banana: I will add links to my prior reports for you - thanks for asking!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...ath-eastern-fantasy-updated-06-12-15.3377943/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...y-dream-5-18-5-22-15-updated-3-18-16.3429350/

Last edited:
*~* Star Wars Day at Sea *~*

It was finally the day we had been waiting for! Star Wars Day at Sea! :yay::yay:

We were up and showered by 8:30am and headed to the atrium to look for roaming characters.

First up! - Red Guard

IMG_0830_zpstjqdolrc.jpg

We stopped for a porthole pic

IMG_0831_zpsbfx9chnp.jpg

Our next stop was the line for the stormtroopers

IMG_0833_zps75c6j5mh.jpg

Then we ran into the captain so of course that called for a photo!

IMG_0837_zpsnhn2tm1w.jpg

We absolutely loved the cruise directors pilot costume

IMG_0838_zpswagsvmts.jpg

There were also Tusken Raiders

IMG_0840_zpswgd2oqwo.jpg

By now we were ready to go to Cabanas for breakfast. Funnelvision was playing Star Wars shows all day

IMG_0842_zpss1ttklvr.jpg

We all got our usual breakfast and talked about our plans for the day. Once we were done eating we had plans to go to our room and get our Star Wars costumes on :thumbsup2

IMG_0843_zpsmng0amt4.jpg

And here they are! Rey and Darth Vader were ready for Star Wars Day at Sea

IMG_0852_zpsthk0fqs9.jpg

IMG_0849_zpst7lh7myj.jpg

Darth Vader Duffy joined in the festivities as well

IMG_0853_zpsx0xfi5pa.jpg

IMG_0861_zpsy25skqgn.jpg

Once we were all in our costumes we went back down to get pictures with the characters, etc.

IMG_0865_zpss9rydob4.jpg

IMG_0867_zpstgthahgv.jpg

IMG_0871_zpsvpk4zx27.jpg

And here's a pic with me and Andy in our costumes as well

IMG_0873_zpsjhd71053.jpg

Next up - traveling to Tatooine :cheer2:

Thanks for joining the party! We do have so much fun! We were the same way - we always went to the parks but now we are huge fans of the cruises - so glad we finally took a break from the parks to discover our love for the cruises! The Dream is a wonderful ship as well. My favorite part is Vanellopes :banana::banana: I will add links to my prior reports for you - thanks for asking!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...ath-eastern-fantasy-updated-06-12-15.3377943/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...y-dream-5-18-5-22-15-updated-3-18-16.3429350/

Thanks so much for posting the links to your other trip reports. I'm living vicariously through you as we countdown to our cruise-on 355 more days to go! HAHA!

I'm really enjoying your report! We aren't cruising until 2019 sadly, but I'm reading all the reports I can in the meantime! I wish we could do a SWDAS, but alas we are going in June for my parents 50th wedding anniversary so we want to travel (or my mom does) on the actual date. SWDAS just seems amazing!

I've just read your trip report straight through as it's a little slow this afternoon at work. What a great time you all are having. I remember reading your last cruise trip report as well.

All the costumes are wonderful. Keep up the great work. I look forward to reading more.

Wow, your Star Wars costumes rock! I'm loving your trip report and the details and pictures of the Ports / excursions. Thanks for posting!

Also following along. It's funny-the girls' first Star Wars day outfits-my sister has the Han Solo one and I have the Star Wars shirt! Gotta love Her Universe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts