Make Sure You Get My Shake in the Pic *~* A Lavenous SWDAS Trip Report *~*3/4/17*~*

If that's the same "alternate docking point" as we went to it was pretty sad. No point in getting off the ship unless you had an excision booked.

I really want to try the mid ship detective agency.

It's so cool to see what other people did on our cruise! I finished my report on Saturday (finally...)

I love reading other reports it's so cool to see how different the same cruise can be for everyone - there's just SO much to do!

If that's the same "alternate docking point" as we went to it was pretty sad. No point in getting off the ship unless you had an excision booked.

I really want to try the mid ship detective agency.

You are absolutely right - there was nothing to do at the port if you weren't going on an excursion. Midship detective is really fun!

*~* Rum Point *~*

The tender boats all pulled up to a very small docking area.

IMG_0662_zps6xthpd7j.jpg

This next pic will give you an idea of how the alternate port docking area was set up - it was pretty much a small area with some tents set up for the cruise lines inside a fenced in area.

IMG_0663_zpsqothh51m.jpg

I admired the crystal clear water on the way by

IMG_0664_zpsbkyzrzny.jpg

IMG_0665_zpsw8ve5ers.jpg

We had to line up and wait behind our tour leader with the Pocahontas sign and wait so we used the time to pile on some more sunscreen. It was WARM while we were waiting there for the excursion to start. They gave us all tickets which we would use for our bus ride, as well as food and discounts at Rum Point, etc.

IMG_0666_zpsum5hqv8z.jpg

Once everyone was there and had their tickets we moved up to the gate area to get on the bus which was going to take us to the catamaran. The bus ride was a 15-20 minute ride.

IMG_0667_zpszy7f6nya.jpg

IMG_0668_zpsrs47ijuu.jpg

It wasn't too long before we were at the dock where the catamaran was waiting. You had to go in the building first and fill out a little paperwork before you could board the catamaran.

IMG_0671_zpswcyzpjiu.jpg

Here it is - the Spirit of Cayman

IMG_0673_zpsl3kwqnnq.jpg

There is seating inside which is shaded and you could also sit along the back or on a wide open netted area in the front of the catamaran.

IMG_0674_zpsmyepf3us.jpg

Zoe and Piper initially chose a spot along a bench on the back of the catamaran. One plus is I will definitely say this was NOT crowded at all. We were easily able to roam around and sit pretty much anywhere they chose.

IMG_0676_zpsyiwjbdyo.jpg

IMG_0678_zpsl72bs9hr.jpg

After a little bit Piper joined Andy at the front netted area as well.

IMG_0682_zpsehknwbmj.jpg

IMG_0684_zpsfc3zajwp.jpg

There are cooler jugs with water and lemonade on the catamaran which are included or they do have a bar inside as well if you wish to purchase liquor.

IMG_0685_zpsnf8z24rb.jpg

IMG_0686_zps6tteixip.jpg

The catamaran ride is about 45 minutes and is absolutely beautiful. We HIGHLY enjoyed it. It was very peaceful, the water was gorgeous, and we were able to see a sea turtle along the way which was awesome. Pretty soon we could see that we were nearing Rum Point. Honestly, we would have been happy just staying on the catamaran it was a lot of fun and very relaxing.

IMG_0687_zps3apyzziq.jpg

IMG_0688_zpszdvktbsk.jpg

IMG_0691_zpsswqmktmv.jpg

It was too pretty here not to take a ton of pics so this post will be continued :love:

IMG_0692_zpstgwuz8t2.jpg

*~* Rum Point #2 ~*~

IMG_0693_zpsqa7wrnrm.jpg

I kept snapping away taking pics of the journey

IMG_0694_zpsmuwnnnkg.jpg

IMG_0697_zps7mdkk1jt.jpg

Then we neared the docking area

IMG_0698_zpsfjyikrva.jpg

When you arrive you are greeted by the gentleman in the navy blue shirt who tells you a little bit about the day and then you are free to come ashore and enjoy the area.

IMG_0699_zpssukmlpli.jpg

IMG_0700_zpsxktsfl8p.jpg

The beach area you see below is one that you are welcome to explore if you like and is to the right of the pier while you are walking up. To the left is an area that is reserved for Disney Cruiseline guests only and that is where we spent the bulk of our time.

IMG_0702_zpsiurh9xit.jpg

IMG_0703_zps2xz5zi1r.jpg

Sign on the tree by the reserved area

IMG_0704_zpsbttjvsj7.jpg

IMG_0705_zpsfyhi2jfw.jpg

The girls headed straight for the water - Piper had brought her goggles

IMG_0707_zps2kfx72rb.jpg

Shockingly, I wandered around taking a few pics for my trip report - you know, for research purposes :rotfl:

IMG_0710_zpstxbhqied.jpg

IMG_0711_zps6rxcmmwh.jpg

I checked out the bar

IMG_0712_zpsy0uegse2.jpg

There were people sitting around the bar and food area enjoying their day

IMG_0713_zpstwyepzcc.jpg

This "Questions not to ask" sign cracks me up! My favorite is "can you swim under the island" ummmm......:rotfl2:

IMG_0714_zps9af6ws03.jpg

IMG_0717_zpsct1juxzz.jpg

There was a bird flying and swimming around that didn't seem to be at all afraid of people. It did not bother anyone at all but was just "there" going after it's lunch

IMG_0718_zpslz8yiwtj.jpg

IMG_0719_zpsyt5gylkb.jpg

IMG_0721_zpsktk2llk8.jpg

To be continued......

*~* Rum Point #3 *~*

Apparently I took a whole lot of pelican photos!

IMG_0724_zpsicho9etl.jpg

This next picture is of the reserved side for Disney Cruise guests. There are lounge chairs, picnic tables, unbrellas, and this is also where they set up the small lunch buffet that is included on the excursion.

IMG_0727_zps4lbnmpcw.jpg

More pics of the area

IMG_0728_zpshldy8mqa.jpg

IMG_0729_zps0sp4nwli.jpg

IMG_0730_zpswtqwf1og.jpg

After a little while the girls decided they wanted to rent snorkel gear so we went up to one of the buildings where you can rent equipment and got masks, fins, etc

IMG_0732_zpssg6bo3et.jpg

This pic of Zoe trying to walk in the flippers is hysterical to me - from the look on her face she was amused with herself as well

IMG_0735_zpszbr1miqz.jpg

Meanwhile - Andy said since were WERE at RUM Point - he had NO choice but to go get a drink from the bar. I believe if memory serves me correctly this was $14!!! :scared1::scared1:

IMG_0739_zps7gweys6d.jpg

Earlier I mentioned the tickets we were given by our tour group leader. Here is the ticket for you use for your lunch.

IMG_0744_zpsg6uk8tvs.jpg

We tried the buffet they set up in the Disney area. I took a pic of the menu which is below:

IMG_0745_zps1m9m41do.jpg

I also took a couple of pics as Andy was getting his food

IMG_0746_zpstudfiwld.jpg

IMG_0747_zps8qocf2xb.jpg

This pic turned out horrible but here is my plate - I had salad with a vinegrette dressing, fried plantains, rice, jerk chicken, mac and cheese with hot dogs in it, and a brownie.

IMG_0748_zps0c7pxoix.jpg

There are plenty of picnic tables in the area to eat your lunch at

IMG_0749_zps2jflrc9s.jpg

Overall the buffet was OK. Was it great? No. Was it horrible? No. It was OK and was good for a quick break and then everyone was right back in the water for more snorkeling time.

IMG_0750_zpscj26bcnl.jpg

IMG_0754_zpsf5vzqos2.jpg

I pretty much wander around taking pics as I do NOT snorkel due to my fear of....pretty much anything and everything that could be in the water! :scared1:

IMG_0756_zpsnenzw6mo.jpg

IMG_0757_zpsy6qefsxh.jpg

I *AM* a really good shopper though! So I went to check out the "Treasure Chest" island shop while the rest of the crew snorkeled. I picked out tshirts for our sons Zach and Chase since they weren't with us. I wish I would've taken a pic of the tshirts but I didn't. There was a coupon for I believe 10% off in the little coupon book we were given as well. Guess who forgot to use the coupon until after they paid? :wave::wave:

IMG_0758_zps2ppcrzjr.jpg

IMG_0759_zpszjrdvwzr.jpg

To be continued....again :rotfl2:

*~* Yep.....More Rum Point *~*

You have a few hours on the island and then it's time to head back to the catamaran. I took a few last pics before we left

IMG_0760_zpsuabg3jru.jpg

Andy with the Rum Point sign that tells where they are all from

IMG_0762_zpslmhug26x.jpg

IMG_0763_zpsisrwy4tq.jpg

Goodbye Rum Point!

IMG_0764_zpsmx8ldn5y.jpg

We enjoyed a very relaxing ride back to shore

IMG_0767_zpsun6it5af.jpg

And way too soon it was over and we were back at the dock

IMG_0771_zpslkdu14je.jpg

Once the bus ride back to the port was over we headed straight to line up for the tender boats

There was an ice cream truck there

IMG_0776_zpsebvrnq9w.jpg

Along with a few small vendors that had set up for the day

IMG_0777_zps4dlqq8f3.jpg

IMG_0778_zpsdndrixl5.jpg

IMG_0780_zpsxa3i8mpo.jpg

There were chickens roaming around

IMG_0779_zpsf8z2chlm.jpg

The line to get back was HUGE!

IMG_0781_zpsgf7c60bc.jpg

IMG_0782_zpsae7klatd.jpg

There's the Fantasy!

IMG_0783_zpsxtmo18rl.jpg

IMG_0784_zpsxl5qkkm0.jpg

We were at Rum Point from 12:30-3 and after the catamaran ride, bus ride, and tender line we were back on the ship at 5:25.

Next up - dinner!

Thanks for the posts. It's so neat to hear about your trip!

I've never really looked into any of the Beach Port Adventures so was surprised that you had an area set aside just for Disney guests. Do you know if this is the norm for Beach excursions?

I was also glad to see that you had your own buffet. Similar question, do you know if this is the norm?

One of the hesitations I've had about a Beach excursion is the food. I was concerned about eating from locals as I didn't want to risk getting sick. It's great that your food was provided as I'd assume it was approved by Disney?

I could be way off here but just curious. Thanks!!

Thanks for the posts. It's so neat to hear about your trip!

I've never really looked into any of the Beach Port Adventures so was surprised that you had an area set aside just for Disney guests. Do you know if this is the norm for Beach excursions?

I was also glad to see that you had your own buffet. Similar question, do you know if this is the norm?

One of the hesitations I've had about a Beach excursion is the food. I was concerned about eating from locals as I didn't want to risk getting sick. It's great that your food was provided as I'd assume it was approved by Disney?

I could be way off here but just curious. Thanks!!

I'm honestly not sure if this is the norm for Beach excursions or not as this is the only Disney cruise excursion we've booked other than ones on Castaway Cay. It was definitely nice though that we had our own, very uncrowded area with plenty of seating, shade, etc. I really enjoyed that part of it and I definitely feel that it made it seem more enjoyable than it would've had we been on the more crowded/non Disney side. By no means is Rum Point packed, but it was great having a reserved area and not having to worry about seating, etc.

I'm also not sure if the own buffet is typical or not but that was another nice factor about this excursion. No big lines of people, very few people eating so it was easy to just walk up and grab what you wanted when you were ready, and no issues with sickness whatsoever. Spoiler alert but we DID repeat this excursion on the western caribbean Disney cruise we just took 11/24/16 - we just REALLY enjoyed it and everyone in our group of 11 this trip loved it.

Thanks so much @PiperGirlInWondrland! Glad you enjoyed Rum Point...both cruises.

If you head to Grand Cayman again I see that Disney offers this tour with a Stingray City option as weall. I would highly recommend considering this. We did the Stingray Port adventure in 2015 and it was SOOOO good and such a neat experience!!

Last edited:
Yup. That was the same place. I remember the chickens!

Looks like a fun excursion for able bodied people. A nice relaxing day.

$14 for a drink????? That's crazy!

Thanks so much @PiperGirlInWondrland! Glad you enjoyed Rum Point...both cruises.

If you head to Grand Cayman again I see that Disney offers this tour with a Stingray City option as weall. I would highly recommend considering this. We did the Stingray Port adventure in 2015 and it was SOOOO good and such a neat experience!!

The girls keep asking to do a Stingray excursion so that is good to know! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Yup. That was the same place. I remember the chickens!

Looks like a fun excursion for able bodied people. A nice relaxing day.

$14 for a drink????? That's crazy!

The excursion was definitely a lot of fun. I about died when Andy told me the drink was FOURTEEN dollars!!!! insane! :scared1: Needless to say that was the only one we purchased there! Heck the tshirts were only about $17 I believe!

It's been fun reading your trip report! We were actually on the same cruise with a large group of friends so I've been reliving our cruise through your report. We must have been just ahead of you guys on the Cozumel day because the couple in your photo below are our friends Laurie and Angelo

Thanks so much for reading along! That's awesome that you were on the same cruise and how cool is that seeing your friends in the pic! Love it!

*~* Enchanted Garden & Room Service *~*

After boarding at 5:25 we only had a few minutes to quickly get cleaned up and head down to dinner in Enchanted Garden at 5:45. Piper decided that she was going to stay in the room and order herself room service. She ended up ordering chicken noodle soup and oatmeal cookies. :confused3

IMG_0785_zpsnrwm5olc.jpg

I honestly still cannot believe Andy ordered this next appetizer as it is not something I would picture him eating in 10000 years. It involves vegetables so normally that is a deal breaker right off the bat. I don't know what he was expecting but I don't think it was this:

IMG_0786_zpsorrfplg5.jpg

I had the shrimp and rice appetizer which Andy ended up ordering even though he normally doesn't eat shrimp at all. The rice is a bit spicy but it was tasty.

IMG_0789_zpsmp4bwt3o.jpg

I had pasta which i didn't seem to describe in my trip notes but I liked it.

IMG_0790_zps2qvzf3ia.jpg
\

Andy had a steak

IMG_0791_zpseyisj0ku.jpg

Zoe chose the turkey dinner which looked delicious and she really loved it!

IMG_0792_zpszasyfmwl.jpg

Next up was managed to have desert - so good!

IMG_0795_zpsbausl93j.jpg

IMG_0793_zps5vrcbhqy.jpg

After dinner it was time to head back to the room to check on Piper and see if she wanted to join us for this evening's show. We found our latest towel animal and sleepy chocolates as well as the Navigator for the most anticipated day of the cruise - Star Wars Day at Sea!

IMG_0797_zpsnpyo9h3h.jpg

IMG_0801_zpsgdxmm2ke.jpg

This is how we found Piper who was watching Monsters Inc and claimed to be "not tired". Remember that later on folks! o_O

IMG_0798_zpshhj2gmm4.jpg

IMG_0799_zpsumuudibe.jpg

Piper decided she wanted to go to the show with us so she got out of bed and we went downstairs. We came across the officer pin trading in the area by the shops.

IMG_0802_zpsfhkznaoi.jpg

IMG_0803_zpsnkuslbt3.jpg

We ducked into the shops quickly for vinylmations before heading to the show

IMG_0805_zpsmtbv3hbs.jpg

IMG_0806_zpsgbeo5r08.jpg

Next up - a Lavenous evening!

Last edited:
*~* The Lavenous Mike Super *~*

Lavenous -

• Having or demonstrating a lavenous quality
  • a Super pseudo word funamentally at odds with non-lavenousness.
  • used to identify individuals possessing a nature or special level of intelligence that allows one to feign understanding of, or agreement with, absolutely any word that is presented with conviction

Tonight's show was Mike Super the Magician. It was totally Lavenous! Lavenous is a word Mike Super came up with and uses for his shows and merchandise. It can be anything you want it to be! As long as you say it with conviction. :thumbsup2

Zoe and Piper LOVED the show! :love::love: There was a meet and greet with Mike Super right after the show and we quickly went and lined up. We were just a few people back from the front of the line. Remember how "not tired" Piper was? This is the face of a "not tired" Piper waiting in the line to see Mike Super. I'm honestly not sure how she was keeping her eyes open but she was determined to meet him because she enjoyed the show so much.

IMG_0807_zpsboyhsmcn.jpg

Oddly enough when it was our turn to meet Mike Super she perked right up like she had never been tired!

There were "I'm Lavenous" tshirts for sale for $25 which the girls both asked for to get autographed by Mike Super.

I thought you all might enjoy this amazingly Lavenous family photo we took where the girls had their I'm Lavenous tshirts on after the cruise while we were at Daytona Beach. Those surprise guests are Andy's parents who live in Florida.

IMG_2449_zpsqz9rbu7a.jpg

The Mike Super meet and greet turned out to be absolutely hysterical! The girls got a HUGE kick out of it. Zoe and Piper asked him to autograph their tshirts. When he did, he kept going on and on about how this would devalue their shirts even further and that they were absolutely WORTHLESS now. The girls were CRACKING UP! He's a trip! Honestly, if you get a chance to see his show, don't miss it! LOVED the entire evening!

Here's Zoe, Mike Super, and a completely rejuvenated Piper!

IMG_0809_zpsyhw6nvq1.jpg

If you can believe this one, after the meet and greet everyone including Piper decided that rather than calling it a night we would go check out the 10:15pm Saludos Amigos Fiesta in the D Lounge.

IMG_0820_zpskch2uw9h.jpg

IMG_0813_zps0movhq7d.jpg

IMG_0815_zpskiwipr3c.jpg

They were teaching lessons on how to dance!

IMG_0816_zpssgmuiirh.jpg

IMG_0818_zpswjrsndtp.jpg

After our dance party we had worked up an appetite so we made our way up to watch UP on funnelvision and hit up Flo's for a 2nd dinner :drinking1 We had spicy chicken sandwiches, fish sandwiches, and fries.

IMG_0822_zpsxjd6sq3h.jpg

IMG_0826_zpsc1yqhuy9.jpg

IMG_0824_zpsmtmszgui.jpg

IMG_0827_zpsyjqea0wh.jpg

After this late night feast, it was time to head back to the room and fall asleep to The Goofy Movie.

Stay tuned for a positively lavenous Star Wars Day at Sea!

Who forgets underwear?

Unfortunately they did not carry the batteries. They had all kinds of accessories but no battery packs which means there are sadly NO videos or underwater pictures this entire trip. :sad:
But it was now official - we were ON OUR WAY!!! Soon we would be at the port! :cool1: I believe it was about a 45 minute drive.

LOL!! I feel like I'm reading a re-hash of some of my past vacations!! We couldn't find our battery charger for our camera and had to stop at a few stores in search on the way to the airport flying to Hawaii in May of 2015 and then I realized I somehow packed a few less pairs of undies than days on trip when we went on our Alaskan cruise May/June 2015 (Then repeated that same issue on our Disney trip this past October---who does that twice??? :wave:)

Finally catching up (although we got off the Fantasy two weeks ago so what's my excuse?! lol) Our trip was totally LAVENOUS by the way! Not sure if I'm going to get around to doing a trip report or not, there are so many fabulous ones out there (yours included) that I'm just not sure my SWDAS cruise trip report would be worthy of the Disboards! Still, can't wait to read how your SWday went and compare to ours this year (I heard they made some slight improvements this year, for example, Jedi Training was very well organized and our girls loved it, not sure what yours was like last year, if you did it. ) We loved the Fantasy so much that now I'm hoping to book a Western Itinerary for Fall 2018 so I'm gonna have to come back and re read yours again closer to it.

I just read through this entire trip report so far last night. I love it and it sounds like you all have the most amazing trips together!:goodvibes

We finally took a year off from the parks for our first Disney Cruise last month and LOVED it! We were only on a 4-day on the Dream but we have a 7-day Eastern Caribbean with SWDAS booked for next February. :cheer2: I'm already excited! Do you still have links to any of your prior Trip reports?

Thanks so much for sharing!

-Kelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter