Make a Wish from Australia

kiwigirl

Earning My Ears
Hi from a kiwi neighbour! Just wondering if anyone had applied for a Make a wish trip to Disney World from Australia?

Hi from a kiwi neighbour! Just wondering if anyone had applied for a Make a wish trip to Disney World from Australia?

I don't have personal experience but when I was having coffee with a friend of mine and her son last week we were talking about this very subject. When they (well he, my friends son) had make a wish last year they were not allowed to choose an overseas holiday (as he was going to choose Disneyland), but their wish was not being granted by the actual Make a wish foundation, I think they said their wish was from Starlight Foundation.

They were then talking about another girl who was going through treatment at the same time and she is having her wish to Disney World and it is being granted through the Make a Wish foundation. That family is going next year I believe.

There is a bit on Make a Wish to WDW on the DISabilites board, there may be some over there who come from Australia or NZ
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

I would definitely say the answer is yes if it is "make a wish" and not "starlight".

I have a little client who has leukaemia and she was just granted a wish. She could do, be, meet or have anything. She chose to be a princess and to have a princess ball. Make a Wish organised it at the Hyatt here in Canberra, there was a photographer, news crew, handmade gown for little girl, amazing food, dj, and her favourite bit, a horse drawn carriage for her to ride in.

I am sure a trip to Disneyworld would not be out of the question if they can do the above.

Click this link to see the Princess ball which was on the today show last week. It was such a special day:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQh-Pr23sJg

Hey, I saw that little girl on the TV :goodvibes

xxx

Isn't she a sweetheart. I have known the family since she was 10 months old and have become friendly with them over that time. It has really been such an awful journey for them. My heart totally goes out to them.

I would definitely say the answer is yes if it is "make a wish" and not "starlight".

I have a little client who has leukaemia and she was just granted a wish. She could do, be, meet or have anything. She chose to be a princess and to have a princess ball. Make a Wish organised it at the Hyatt here in Canberra, there was a photographer, news crew, handmade gown for little girl, amazing food, dj, and her favourite bit, a horse drawn carriage for her to ride in.

I am sure a trip to Disneyworld would not be out of the question if they can do the above.

Click this link to see the Princess ball which was on the today show last week. It was such a special day:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQh-Pr23sJg

OMG :sad: I've been sitting here blubbing watching that. How gorgeous! It blows me away when I see these children who have been through or are going through so much and their spirits are just amazing.

I think Make A Wish in Australia does grant overseas wishes for 10 and older. Such an amazing organisation!

I felt tearful watching Miss Annabella's princess wish! Especially when her mum was talking about her helping the nurses, this is just what Lara does too - and its important for her to feel like she has some control over what is happening to her!

Thanks for your replies :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter