Major Disney refurb and construction completion dates worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Springs roadwork was pretty much done when I was there last.
The bus lane coming out of DS is closed, and torn up near Epcot Ctr Dr. BVD is being widened west of ECD. They might be extending the bus lane down towards DHS. There were future plans for that with no announced date when I was a Transportation cm last year.

I have been scouring the internet for when in 2019 Star Wars opens in WDW. Where did the late September info come from?

Disney announced Mission Space will re-open on August 13th. I was a tad nervous about the September date and not making our trip, so I'm pretty happy about it.

I have been scouring the internet for when in 2019 Star Wars opens in WDW. Where did the late September info come from?

At D23 during the Parks and Resort panel, there were no dates mentioned or even if it was early or late 2019. What was stated is that SWGE at Disneyland would open first. Given that SWGE at Disneyland is about 6 months ahead of the one at DHS, you could infer that the opening at DHS would be around September (provided that the Disnelyand version opens in early 2019).

I do not know if any of the Disney Parks Blog press releases had more date information.

Some people are thinking that it is possible that a potential soft opening could happen in December 2018 for Disneyland. This is all a guess based on how far along they are with the various show buildings. As we move into 2018 and see how far along Disneyland's version is, we will probably get a better sense of when a potential soft opening or actual opening will occur.

At D23 during the Parks and Resort panel, there were no dates mentioned or even if it was early or late 2019. What was stated is that SWGE at Disneyland would open first. Given that SWGE at Disneyland is about 6 months ahead of the one at DHS, you could infer that the opening at DHS would be around September (provided that the Disnelyand version opens in early 2019).

I do not know if any of the Disney Parks Blog press releases had more date information.

Some people are thinking that it is possible that a potential soft opening could happen in December 2018 for Disneyland. This is all a guess based on how far along they are with the various show buildings. As we move into 2018 and see how far along Disneyland's version is, we will probably get a better sense of when a potential soft opening or actual opening will occur.
It was stated that the DL version would be open in time for the next D23 expo so by that I would assume Summer 2019 for DL and fall to late 2019 for DHS.

It was stated that the DL version would be open in time for the next D23 expo so by that I would assume Summer 2019 for DL and fall to late 2019 for DHS.
So if WDW ramped up construction we could see an April or May opening for DL and possibly a July opening at WDW. Soft openings and previews as well? (fingers crossed!)

So if WDW ramped up construction we could see an April or May opening for DL and possibly a July opening at WDW. Soft openings and previews as well? (fingers crossed!)
Highly unlikely. No need for Disney to rush at this time. The crowds will come when it opens.

any shot toy story land opens by mid April?

For the 'spring 2021' estimates.. does that mean for those spring breaks or more like Memorial Day?

Thanks

any shot toy story land opens by mid April?

For the 'spring 2021' estimates.. does that mean for those spring breaks or more like Memorial Day?

Thanks
Maybe soft openings but no guarantees.

Too early to know about 2021 yet.

@DanBoris seems to believe it is for the MK theater since that address lines up between Main Street and Tomorrowland.
I was guessing based on other addresses:
  • Cosmic Ray's is 1350 Monorail
  • Stitch is 1326 Monorail
  • Monster's Laugh Floor is 1305 Monorail
but now i see that Tony's is 1400 Monorail...

I was guessing based on other addresses:
  • Cosmic Ray's is 1350 Monorail
  • Stitch is 1326 Monorail
  • Monster's Laugh Floor is 1305 Monorail
but now i see that Tony's is 1400 Monorail...

The closest address I have seen is 1365 for MO7 which is one of the two building on the Tomorrow land side of Main Street.

The closest address I have seen is 1365 for MO7 which is one of the two building on the Tomorrow land side of Main Street.

I would be that you are correct then... especially as I can foresee work beginning on the theater long before Tron starting. Thanks!

I know Disney is known for pushing back their opening dates, but if i plan on attending late next year, will I be able to see Toy Story Land and Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway? I went early this year and figure if I wait, I'l get to see those two, along with Pandora, that I've yet to see.

I know Disney is known for pushing back their opening dates, but if i plan on attending late next year, will I be able to see Toy Story Land and Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway? I went early this year and figure if I wait, I'l get to see those two, along with Pandora, that I've yet to see.
Mickeys won't open until late 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!