'Major' Expansion for Sea World in 2012/2013

ScoJo15

There will be days when I don't know if I can run
That's according to an article posted in the Orlando Sentinel.

The plans, according to government filings and interviews with people familiar with various elements, include transforming a 24-year-old penguin exhibit into a new, possibly Antarctica-themed ride; adding a sea-turtle movie attraction to an existing manatee display; and building a rainforest-themed trail in Discovery Cove, SeaWorld's limited-admission boutique park, that would include a freshwater pool and habitats for primates and otters.

You can read the whole article here

Exciting stuff!!

That's according to an article posted in the Orlando Sentinel.

The plans, according to government filings and interviews with people familiar with various elements, include transforming a 24-year-old penguin exhibit into a new, possibly Antarctica-themed ride; adding a sea-turtle movie attraction to an existing manatee display; and building a rainforest-themed trail in Discovery Cove, SeaWorld's limited-admission boutique park, that would include a freshwater pool and habitats for primates and otters.

You can read the whole article here

Exciting stuff!!

I just wanted to add that an employee told me that the new Discovery Cove "pool" will be a snorkel location as well - I'm guessing it will just be the old reef. It will feature freshwater fish from all over the world. She said the otters will likely be behind glass - you can snorkel over to them, see them under water, but not snorkel with them. They haven't announced an opening date but she suspected it would by summer since that is their busy season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter