Main dinning waitlist

Heather Berke

Earning My Ears
So we are told we can be put on Main dinning waitlist and that there is a good chance we will get it. I said I'd book a different week but agent was adamant that we will be ok. Has anyone had experience with this? I'm afraid to risk it but the next cruise would be 6 months later.
Thank you

So we are told we can be put on Main dinning waitlist and that there is a good chance we will get it. I said I'd book a different week but agent was adamant that we will be ok. Has anyone had experience with this? I'm afraid to risk it but the next cruise would be 6 months later.
Thank you
There is a great chance you will get it. Do you have any young children and anybody that is older? These help your chances significantly.

We were moved from late to main dining on our first cruise. Main dining was full by the time we booked, but we figured we would take a chance and hope for the best. I followed the advice I got here on the boards to call periodically to check status. I'm not sure if being a squeaky wheel actually helped, but it definitely didn't hurt. We found out about a week before our cruise that we were moved to main dining.

Thank you
We got off the waitlist and moved to main dining literally in 3 days after booking a cruise 4 months out.

How long until your cruise? We booked a spring break cruise 9 months out and were moved to main right away. We did have to ask, but it was an easy thing.

We got on the list and didn't get moved to main. So basically, you either will or you won't. Its really a coin toss.

We did not get moved either but have decided that we a just a happy with second seating but our daughter is 11.

Thank you

And remember, if you don't get off the wait-list, you still have the option to make the request once you get on the ship. The paper "Navigator" you receive when you board will tell you which dining room to go to. My group of 9 was on the waitlist for 9 months, never got moved, but when we requested once we got on board, they moved us no problem. There were a few people in front of us. Whole process took maybe 20 minutes, and the rest of my family was able to go off and do other things (like get us a table at Cabanas) while I took care of it.

For our first cruise, we booked in Oct for an April spring break cruise. We went on the waitlist for Main at the time of booking, it took a few months, but we were moved to main probably 2-3 months prior to cruising (by the time our booking window opened up). We never called or anything, just finally saw it changed one day on our reservation summary. We did have a 2.5 yo at the time - not sure if that helped or not.

We did not get moved either but have decided that we a just a happy with second seating but our daughter is 11.

There are pros and cons for sure. On the one hand it was much easier to get good seats for the shows, we didn't have to get there 30 minutes before to sit in front. On the other hand, we could see people falling asleep at dinner.

Server: "would you like dessert?"
Our table: <*various snoring noises>

We were wait-listed when we booked our October cruise 2 months ago and were moved to Main a couple of weeks ago. Was a wonderful surprise! On our first cruise we weren't able to get Main dinning and actually never went to dinner because 8:30 is just too late for us middle aged adults. LOL!

When we booked our Dec 4 nite cruise, booked in April, we had wanted the early Dinning time, but they "did not have it", so we were wait listed. About 2 weeks ago we went from the late to the early. So the wait list works. Not sure why, we do have one handicap, and one 10 year old, not sure if that has anything to do with it, but everybody is happy. :worship:

Was wait-listed, checked when onboard and they still weren't able to move us. They did try on a daily basis to find a table at main dining such as if a group was dining at Palo so the table would be empty, but this was incredibly awkward and they couldn't let us know until around 4:30 each day, so we couldn't adjust our eating earlier in the day based on dinner dining time. So, if you're wait-listed and don't get moved, then I recommend to embrace late dining and try to make the best of it. As much as I dislike late dining, I'd stick with it rather than doing the daily thing again!

I've been wait listed for main dining aboard The Wonder for 6 months and our cruise is in 2 1/2 months. Not sure if we're going to get it but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I've had to go on the waiting list two times and both times I got switched both a week or two before the 100 day mark (as people cancel before payment is due). It just happened for our Oct 6 sailing. I saw main seating on my reservations... Disney didn't email me that it had changed. Although, I think we could have made it through with the late... it's nice to have the early for my DD4 & DD8...DS17 could care less. I'm just happy I'm on a Disney Cruise! Good luck!

I was waitlisted for main seating for our coming cruise in Dec. Just received an email last week notifying we were moved from second to main.

Good luck.

On the other hand, we could see people falling asleep at dinner.

Seriously? Kids maybe, but it sounds like you are talking about adults? If I was that tired and stuck with late seating, I think I would just skip the MDR and get food elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter