Magical Express late night flight & arriving at different times

MeridaAndAngus

If you had a chance to change your fate would you
It's been a while since I've done Magical Express, so I have a few questions. Here's ten scenario:

My friend & I just booked a last minute long weekend trip for next week. My friend & I are both on our room reservation. We live in different states and will be flying to WDW from our respective states. Magic Bands are in the mail, coming to my house. I just found out my friend is on a flight arriving a few hours before me, but I'll have our magic bands. We are both planning to take Magical Express.

Questions:

1. Will she be able to get on the bus with just a print out of the reservation (no magic band)?

2. Will we be able to make two separate ME reservations (my flight arrives about 3 hours after hers)?

3. I have the option to take a flight that arrives to MCO either at 10:30pm or at 11:45pm. Will ME run that late? Is it a safer bet to take the slightly earlier (but slightly more expensive) flight? I won't have any checked bags.

4. Is the wait for the ME to depart typically very long for later evening arrivals? I've gotten used to just running out and grabbing my rental car, but we're on a pretty strict budget for this trip so I'm not planning to get a car.

5. Not ME related, but how long is the typical wait for a bus to the parks from All Stars this time of year? Last time I relied on the park buses it was typically up to a 20 minute wait but I've heard that's gotten worse. I'm thinking we'll try to use buses/monorail/boats for park hopping and then maybe use Lyft (traditional Lyft, not the $20 "Minnie" vans) if the waits are long. I have used Lyft to get around the property on recent trips and found it to be a quick & relatively inexpensive option. We only have three days so trying to park hop and get the biggest bang for our buck.

1. Yes. Keep in mind that Magic Bands don't ship internationally, but they still let Canadians and Brits and Brazilians on.

2. Yes.

3. ME runs all night, but you would have to get your own bags if you had any.

4. No.

1. Will she be able to get on the bus with just a print out of the reservation (no magic band)?
Yes :) International guests do it all the time.

2. Will we be able to make two separate ME reservations (my flight arrives about 3 hours after hers)?
Yes :) I did mine online and it was pretty easy.

3. I have the option to take a flight that arrives to MCO either at 10:30pm or at 11:45pm. Will ME run that late? Is it a safer bet to take the slightly earlier (but slightly more expensive) flight? I won't have any checked bags.
ME runs 24 hours. Just take the cheaper flight.

4. Is the wait for the ME to depart typically very long for later evening arrivals? I've gotten used to just running out and grabbing my rental car, but we're on a pretty strict budget for this trip so I'm not planning to get a car.
Seems about the same as in the daytime. Either right away or 10-20 mins later. It's rarely more than half full at worst. I've done many late evening flights :)

5. Not ME related, but how long is the typical wait for a bus to the parks from All Stars this time of year? Last time I relied on the park buses it was typically up to a 20 minute wait but I've heard that's gotten worse. I'm thinking we'll try to use buses/monorail/boats for park hopping and then maybe use Lyft (traditional Lyft, not the $20 "Minnie" vans) if the waits are long. I have used Lyft to get around the property on recent trips and found it to be a quick & relatively inexpensive option. We only have three days so trying to park hop and get the biggest bang for our buck.
It was up to 20 mins over our 2 week trip last time. Naturally much longer at park close. I'd keep Lyft in your back pocket - nice to have as an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter