Magical Express for Luggage Only

TexasTSL

Mouseketeer
Can I use Magical Express but take another form of transportation to the airport? I hate having to get on the ME bus three hours before departure. Thanks!

We always check in our luggage at the resort and they take it to airport via the airline so I don't see why that wouldn't work.

It isn't Magical Express that transports your luggage from the resort to the airport. It is RAC and is separate from Magical Express.

Can I use Magical Express but take another form of transportation to the airport? I hate having to get on the ME bus three hours before departure. Thanks!
Resort airline checkin isn't actually related to Magical Express. They are two separate services. So, yes, you can check your bags at the hotel and travel to the airport however you'd prefer.

You are confusing MDE with RAC. Resort Airline Check in (RAC) is available to anyone staying at a disney resort. You can check your bags at the resort and then take whatever transportation you want back to the airport.

MDE is not a luggage only service, on arrival or departure.

Resort Airline Check in is the entity that handles your bags for you going back to the airport. Think of it as a small piece of the airport plopped down at your resort. You are checking in your bags for your flight, and you won't see them again until your home airport.

You definitely can because I missed my magical express bus by a minute once (my friend Lisa wouldnt get off the phone) so they called me a Mears taxi free of charge :)

You definitely can because I missed my magical express bus by a minute once (my friend Lisa wouldnt get off the phone) so they called me a Mears taxi free of charge :)
You got very lucky then! If you miss your designated bus, through no fault of Disney's or DME's, Disney isn't expected to provide you with a free ride! I don't want people thinking that they'll get a free cab ride to MCO if they miss their bus.

Unless things changed, not all airlines participate in RAC. I occasionally fly Frontier and they're not included. RAC also doesn't operate for early morning flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!