Magic morning

steves1bear

Mouseketeer
We're headed to Disneyland from Jan. 29 - Feb. 2. Looking at the hours for Disneyland, we're trying to figure out when to do our Magic Morning. Would it be best to do it Tuesday, Jan. 30 when the magic morning hour starts at 9 with park opening at 10 or wait until Thursday when it's at 8 with park opening at 9?

We haven't been to Disneyland when there are different hours during the week so we have no idea how to navigate this one.

Also, is it still a good idea to do the magic morning and then hop to California Adventure for the afternoon? I just remember that was once the advice since the park with magic morning hours tended to be more crowded.

It's been about 6 years so I feel so lost trying to figure out what to expect.

Thanks so much!

Definitely Thursday!

We usually do start at DL and hop to DCA in the afternoon when DL starts getting too crowded. Some days we get lucky and DL stays low crowds and we stay at DL longer. You can check the app to see how DCA looks before deciding to hop over.

The earlier the magic morning the better - fewer people actually get themselves up to arrive for a 8AM time than a 9AM time - in fact when we visit we always use our magic morning when it's at 7AM - we get there by 6:30 and we are first at the gate and first on the rides!

Thanks so much! We'll be coming from Hawaii so, even with the time difference, I'm hoping my boys will keep their early riser routine and I think my teenager daughter will even be willing to get up that early for Disney! We'll be sure to plan for Thursday. Hopefully the adrenaline will keep them going for the day.

Always go with the earlier time. The harder it is to be up and at the gate on time, the more valuable it is to be up and at the gate on time.

I usually vote for the earlier in the trip, the better. As each day of your trip happens you get more tired. Some people wait until later in their trip and by the time they can use the MM they are tired to get up and use it.

However, since you are coming from Hawaii and will have the time change (like 3 hours, right) that will make it hard the first few days to get up early. Opposite of folks visiting from the east where it is easier. So that points to later in the trip (Thursday).

:wizard:

I would do Thursday. Less people are willing to get up for 8 AM than for 9 AM and that way you could do more rides during Magic morning. Just a tip: have backup plans on what you want to do during Magic Morning. We thought we would do Space Mountain over and over in that one hour this past June. The ride started the day broken down and didn’t open until 1:30 PM.

The time difference is 3 hours and we have an early flight Monday morning, have to leave the house at 4 a.m. to get to the airport. We'll definitely be doing great Tuesday night, but the morning, not so much. Thanks everyone. We'll stick with Thursday and will definitely have back up plans.

Love this board and all the great advice!!

Go with the earlier time for magic morning. You can get a lot done before the park gets too crowded.

We like to save ours for later in the trip. That way we can hit any of our favorites. We always go to CA on a DL EE day. It’s really nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!