Magic bands

Buttercup2018

Earning My Ears
We want to go to the parks 2 days before we check into our Disney hotel. They won't ship magic bands to Canada. How do we use the memory maker without the magic bands? I don't want to pay $12 each for magic bands prior to check in. Any tips appreciated.

Did/will you purchase the tickets as part of a package with the hotel or did/will you be purchasing them separately?

It seems that you can access your tickets 3 days before hotel check in date. Guest Services should be able to give you hard tickets for those two days and once you have checked in, you can use your magic bands.

Here is an old thread about it. Hope it hasn’t changed since then. I remember reading some recent (2017) posts within threads that you can use tickets prior your hotel stay. You can try posting your inquiry in the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategy forum for more up-to-date responses.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/using-park-tickets-before-check-in.3341302/

Hope this helps! Have fun planning!!

Super easy process! All of the photographers carry around cards the size of a credit card that you can use until you get your magic bands. Once you open up your account you're able to add in any number of cards, magic bands, friends etc so that all pictures taken will be on your profile. Once the website is working again (dang that Stitch eating everything in sight today) I'll provide a link for you to read the info!

Super easy process! All of the photographers carry around cards the size of a credit card that you can use until you get your magic bands. Once you open up your account you're able to add in any number of cards, magic bands, friends etc so that all pictures taken will be on your profile. Once the website is working again (dang that Stitch eating everything in sight today) I'll provide a link for you to read the info!

Oops! I missed the part about magic band for memory maker. You have about a month to purchase the photos using the memory maker. Photopass cards can store the pictures in your MDE account once they are linked.

Website is back up again ( apparently the entire system was down .. even onsite!) This link will take you to all the FAQs about Photopass
https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/help-and-support/about#2
Photopass FAQs

as mentioned above it will save you $$ if you purchase Memory Maker online before you go. And to clear up the question you might have, Photopass is the service and Memory Maker is one of the products you can buy.

This is the answer to your question though:
upload_2018-7-8_1-44-36.png

It seems that you can access your tickets 3 days before hotel check in date. Guest Services should be able to give you hard tickets for those two days and once you have checked in, you can use your magic bands.

Here is an old thread about it. Hope it hasn’t changed since then. I remember reading some recent (2017) posts within threads that you can use tickets prior your hotel stay. You can try posting your inquiry in the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategy forum for more up-to-date responses.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/using-park-tickets-before-check-in.3341302/

Hope this helps! Have fun planning!!
That’s what I thought too. Go to Disney Springs Guest Services and get your tickets. Or Guest Service in front of a park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!