Magic Bands

blondietink

DIS Veteran
So we have a DVC reservation for this fall and I am about to get tickets also that I can add onto the reservation. Will they send me magic bands for this reservation? We have some old magic bands from when they started this whole thing, but I am sure the batteries in them have run out. Will they send new?

Yes, they always send new when you make a new hotel reservation. Since they are used as a room key and can be used to buy food and drinks and gift shop items at the hotel, they send them for anyone, even those who dont have park tickets. In your My Disney Experience, you will have listed a place where you can customize your bands for this trip and also decline those bands in favor of your old ones. Im not sure what the lifespan on the bands is, but im fairly certain its more than a couple years, because i know people who have bought ones they loved in the parks and have worn them multiple trips afterward. Im sure a google search could give you more info on that.

Our original magic bands still work and are still listed as active in My Disney Experience :) - we've just started to slow down getting new ones - now we trade off who gets a new band each stay.

The batteries are used for long range ID where you don't touch a reader. The touch reader doesn't use a battery. But as posted you will be given the opportunity to order new ones.

:earsboy: Bill

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!