Magic Access Questions

BLTtinkerbell

DIS Veteran
We are planning on going early August 2018.

Trying to decide if Magic Access is worth buying for a short trip.

What are the benefits?

Last edited:
I found the blackout dates.

I feel so incompetent planning this trip.

I see we can’t use the Silver, we would have to purchase Gold or Platinum.

Gold benefits: 10% off merchandise and counter service restaurants (25% off for counter service on odd numbered months but August is even).
If you visit 3 times in first 3 months, you get a magic milestone pin. 10 times for a large medal and lanyard.
If you buy merchandise or food, you will get little stickers which can be exchanged for stuff. The current offer is for Tsum Tsums but in the past, they have given away pins, picnic mats, etc.
Free parking and 50% off stroller rentals.
Dining plan and hotel discounts (may be difficult to use if you don't already have the pass before booking your hotel).

Platinum benefits: All benefits of gold but 20% off merchandise, 25% off counter service restaurants.
Priority seating for shows. Priority entrance. One free luggage storage per day (costs 110 HKD normally).
Access to platinum lounge which has free water and hot chocolate.

If its someone's birthday month, they'll get special coupons (mostly buy one get one free for meals). The coupons for platinum are a bit better with most noticeably a free birthday cake in the hotel and a special birthday button.

Depending on how many days you go and how much you buy/where you eat, gold can save you money. The platinum benefits are harder to quantify using money but I believe the priority seating and priority entrance allow up to 3 guests but the platinum lounge is for the passholder only. So it may be worthwhile to have one person get platinum and the others get gold. Especially if its going to be someone's birthday or if you have a kid who can get the platinum pass at a child's price.

I don't think the extra fastpass really makes much difference and I can't think of any Magic Access exclusive events that happen in August. If you collect pins and will be around on August 18, there will probably be a new Magic Access limited edition pin released that day.

More details here: https://www.hongkongdisneyland.com/book/general-magic-access

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!