Made our first offer!

I have so much empathy! We made an offer that was accepted on Monday and are just waiting for our seller to sign the contract so it can go to ROFR. Hope we are both posting submitted contracts on the July-Sept ROFR thread soon. ;)

Fingers crossed for you too! How long after submitting an offer did you hear something? We're obviously not expecting to hear anything today, with it being a Sunday :-)

I submitted it last Sunday, and I called late Monday morning to check in on it. It was accepted early afternoon Monday.

Woah! That's impressive! We're in the UK, so have the time difference to deal with too, which could be interesting!

Oh my goodness, it was accepted!!!!!!
We made the offer at around 3pm US time and we had an email at 7pm US time to say it'd been accepted!!!!!!
Of course we were sound asleep at the time, so missed it :-)
Can't believe it all happened so quickly, especially on a Sunday.
Our agent has been in touch asking for our full names for the contract!
So, what happens next, so we know what to expect?

We made the offer at around 3pm US time and we had an email at 7pm US time to say it'd been accepted!!!!!!
Morning. I'm from UK and bought DVC earlier this year. I had my offer accepted within 1 hour on a Sunday. Next thing you'll have to send a deposit and confirm contract names, joint tenants etc.
I'd recommend using a no cost foreign exchange credit card such as Halifax or Post Office for this. There will be a $50 charge. Alternatively use a good currency exchange co, I recommend Hifx who I was impressed with. Whatever you do set up an account with them asap so you are ready to do the exchange on completion- much better rate than your bank.
Next thing is wait for ROFR. It can take up to 30 days, mine took 10. If it's taken by Disney you will get your deposit back and will have to start over.
If it passes ROFR they send a few more documents to you to sign, you email back then send these to the seller to sign and then you close. You have to send all of the money over to the title companies escrow account.
After sending the money and further documents back, I think mine took about a week to close.
Finally you have to wait for Dìsney to post you out your membership number etc. OR you can wait around 10 days and when your contract appears on the Orange County Comptrollers website (you can search your name) meaning it's registered, ring member services. You'll need the deed number you will be able to see on the Comptrollers website. Here it is crucial you get through to the right department as many people answering in member services will not give you details. I had to try a few times, think I hit 2 then 3 or the other way around on the options. Gave deed and some other info (phone number etc) they give you membership number then pass you to another dept to give you a code for the website.
Eventually my member number did turn up in the post about 3 weeks later, I'd already rented some banked points and made 2 bookings by then!
Overall I was 5.5 weeks from making offer to booking but I was very quick. Could quite easily be 8-10 weeks.

CONGRATS!!!!

Wake, that was really useful to know, thank you. I wondered what would be happening next, and that cleared it right up. So essentially it goes into ROFR now so this could be a waiting game now. So much has happened in the last 24 hours, not looking forward to waiting now!

Looks like a few of us are in the same boat right now :-)

Congrats! We just made our first offer on Wednesday. We actually offered full price because it was a good deal and a small contract and I did not want to lose it so it was immediately accepted. Paperwork sent in today to the resale who then submitted it to Disney! Now we are in the ROFR waiting game!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter