Lyft from MCO airport

Amydisneyfan

Mouseketeer
When getting Lyft from MCO terminal A or B level 2 what option do I choose as there's 2 of us with luggage?
Lyft standard
Lyft Priority
Lyft XL
Lyft wait and save
Lyft Comfort

I've read a review that someone waited a long time as it took them to the 10 minute clock as they were promised to see reg info it would have said see drivers details in 10 minutes them after they had to wait longer until phone vibrates them if driver cancelled you have to do the same thing again back to the 10 minute clock.

I'm thinking is it just the wait and save option where they'd take you to the 10 minute clock unless if you go for something that's less minutes away.

2 people and 2 bags doesn’t need anything special. Any vehicle will accommodate.
If you have a bunch of luggage like more than a trunk full, then go for the XL.

I always select wait and save, it’s never really been more than 10-15min or so.

UBER/LYFT are not allowed to troll for rides at MCO - nor are TAXI - as is the rule at most major airports and cruise ports. Rather there is a 'holding area' where a ride vehicle checks in and joins a queue. Cars are dispatched first in first out. U/L has the option to 'reject' a ride AND there are the different 'levels of service' options. Occasionally 'standard' U/L rides have accepted then quickly cancelled on me when I've tried to book a 45 mile ride (MCO to Melbourne) but in each of these times, upgrading to an XL (one level up .. not much additional $) resulted in a ride almost immediately. It usually takes about 5 minutes from time of booking 'til car arrives. The holding area is near the 'cell phone lot' at north satellite parking ... or was last time I looked for it.

@Amydisneyfan were you reading the post here recently from that person who needed a Lyft over peak Spring Break? Because if you’re traveling at a crazy peak time yes you can end up waiting, waiting, waiting. If you aren’t traveling Xmas, Spring Break, Easter you probably don’t need to worry about that.

A standard car is fine for 2 adults and luggage.

Also download Uber. That way you can price compare or if it’s gonna be a long wait you can check the other app.

@Amydisneyfan were you reading the post here recently from that person who needed a Lyft over peak Spring Break? Because if you’re traveling at a crazy peak time yes you can end up waiting, waiting, waiting. If you aren’t traveling Xmas, Spring Break, Easter you probably don’t need to worry about that.

A standard car is fine for 2 adults and luggage.

Also download Uber. That way you can price compare or if it’s gonna be a long wait you can check the other app.
I won't be travelling on those busy days easter or christmas.
I've read a review on reddit that someone ordered a Lyft it stated 10 mins them when they requested it said see drivers details in 10 mins them after the 10 mins clock it said ride booked finding closest driver your phone will vibrate them they got matched with a driver the driver cancelled and they had to start again at the 10 minutes clock.

I'm thinking is the review I've read is about the lyft wait and save option as the person had to wait.

I could use uber as the prices about the same price range.

I won't be travelling on those busy days easter or christmas.
I've read a review on reddit that someone ordered a Lyft it stated 10 mins them when they requested it said see drivers details in 10 mins them after the 10 mins clock it said ride booked finding closest driver your phone will vibrate them they got matched with a driver the driver cancelled and they had to start again at the 10 minutes clock.

I'm thinking is the review I've read is about the lyft wait and save option as the person had to wait.

I could use uber as the prices about the same price range.
I have had a similar experience with wait and save, but that's when it's been super busy. I think the system just gets overloaded and there aren't enough drivers. But I've also had luck with wait and save. If it's super busy, I would avoid wait and safe, just to be safe, unless you're really okay with waiting a long time and possibly getting frustrated over having to start over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter