Lulu201's Back In Action Journal

February 24, 2005

Good morning, everyone! Yesterday I earned :) :) :) smilies for devotions, vitamins, and water. I forgot about everything else. :rolleyes:

Today's plan:

1. Devotions: :) "Living by the words of the Bible is the key to living well."
2. Vitamins--will take them. Edit at 5:30: better get to these soon!
3. Water--have had a glass or two, but not enough
4. Exercise--walked 2 miles on the treadie.
5. Food--slice of toast and some cereal, coffee for breakfast, lebanon bologna and cheese sandwich, a couple of cheesecurls, a handful of walnuts. Dinner will be a buffalo chicken salad. Amanda got me thinking about chicken strips!
6. Scale-- :) Don't know why I'm smiling, 'cause it wasn't very great!

We're supposed to get 5-8" of snow today; that can pretty much paralyze our suburban area. Most likely we'll have to cancel all of our afternoon classes. Hoping for a snow day tomorrow so DD can stay home and rest! Wear your pajamas inside out, everyone!

OK, gotta figure out what I'm doing here. . .I'll stop by later.

Erin :shamrock:

We're forecasted to get 3"-6" of snow. Life goes on for the most part, except for the schools. The kids may get out early today. I'll cross my fingers for a snow day for your DD - a perfect time for her to catch up on her work AND her rest. :flower: :cloud9:

I gotta ask about wearing pajamas inside out - never heard that phrase. Want to fill me in on what it means? :teeth:

Sounds like we earned the same 3 smilies yesterday. :p

I hope today is a good one. :sunny:

EDIT: Erin, the countdown timer you're using is no longer supported by the DISboards. You'll have to delete it from your siggie. We are still allowed to use the TickerFactory-type countdowns. PM me if you need help.

Hi Erin,

I'll make sure Katie and I have our pj's inside out for you. I remember doing that as a kid.

I hope you have a good afternoon regardless of your class schedule.

Take care,
Beth

February 25, 2005

Hey! We got a delayed opening--that's better than nothing, right? :flower:

It's a beautiful snowy day--the sun is just glistening off the snow and making it look like little crystals. The pine trees have mounds of snow on them. . .it's quite lovely and peaceful. I like looking out my window!

Here's the plan for today:

1. Devotions: :) Today's prayer focus is for "worriers." There are times in my life (like now :rolleyes: ) when I'm definitely in this class. Everyone out there, lift me up and I'll do the same for you! :goodvibes
2. Vitamins: :)
3. Water: going to have another tall glass and a cup of tea this afternoon
4. Exercise: 5 miles in 72 minutes. I thought I'd die! :p
5. Food: yogurt for breakfast (2) and coffee (1 or so), lunch was another lebanon bologna sandwich w/a slice of cheese and a glass of 1% milk, snack was a soft pretzel and a handfull of walnuts
6. Scale: maybe after I work out

OK, I'm headed to the treadie. I'll try to check in later.

Last edit for the day. I've been drinking more water throughout the dayp I I think I can give myself anoterh smilie. For dinner I'm going to have pizza and maybe some broccoli.

I went to the WW website and checked what weight I need to be to have a healthy BMI of 25; it's 164. I'm going to keep that in mind as I make some fitness goals for March. I have 7 weeks until I walk the half marathon and I know that losing weight will not only make the walk easier, it'll make me feel a whole lot better about myself. I thought that not having fitness goals would make life easier--a whole "one day at a time" attitude, but I didn't have the focus that I'd like. I don't want to beat myself up, but I think keeping track of my miles and my minutes is a good thing.

On Monday I'll do an official weigh in and change my siggie to reflect my new goal. But for now. . .I'm moving on to the WEEKEND! :cool1:

February 26, 2005 Just thought I'd try out a new color today! :flower:

Let's see, hmm, what might the plan be? Oh, yes, the same as every other day! :p
Final edit:
1. Devotions: :) Would others look at me and know that I'm a Christian? I think that, yes, they probably would. Sometimes, though, I think I don't often show people in my own family as much love and respect as I should. They see more of my bad moods! :rolleyes:
2. Vitamins: :)
3. Water: My goal is to drink 8 tall glasses of cool, refreshing water today. :)
4. Exercise: didn't get in my fun walk/run. I came home from work around 12:15, talked on the phone, sat down for 20 minutes with a plant book, and then went to pick up DD from friend's house. Then went to have church picture taken, then headed to the mall. Now home at 7:30 and just put a load of laundry in. :faint:
5. Food: breakfast was coffee w/milk, whole grain english muffin w/pb. Total points, around 7. Lunch was jalapeno poppers (had to eat them up before Monday's weigh in :rolleyes: ). Dinner was a salad. :) Not the best eating day, but better than some.
6. Scale :)

I'm hitting the shower now and then will be on my way to work. Today I think I'll have to stop at Dunkin Donut and get myself a coffee--a little reward for working Saturday mornings! This afternoon DH and I will work in the garage (I'm excited about this! :Pinkbounc ), and then at 4 we'll go to church to have our pics taken for the directory. DD will be at a friend's house working on the BIG 9th GRADE PROJECT! (It truly is the biggest deal of the 9th grade. I can't wait until it's over!)

I hope everyone has a good day!

Erin, I've also been missing my exercise focus. I also confess that my siggie is no longer accurate as far as weight. I'll join you in the Monday morning weigh-in and siggie update. There are times when we really seem like peas in a pod! :p

Enjoy setting up the garage and make sure it lifts your spirits when you walk in! You don't want it to feel like MYB. Spend a few extra dollars for a poster for the wall or a plant (even if it's a fake one!) - you get the idea. Maybe you could put up a towel rack with some brightly colored hand towels for those "sweaty" moments. :p

Only 7 weeks until the half??!!! WOW!! We'll be ready, though! I'm supposed to get a 7 miler in this weekend, according to my schedule. I'll be thinking about us crossing that finish line together! :cloud9:

Have a great day and enjoy that coffee from Dunkin Donut! :sunny:

OK, dear Erin, are you ready? Tomorrow is a new start. We'll walk this healthy walk together. :hyper2:

I hope you've got the kitchen stocked with healthy stuff. I'm headed to the grocery store in a few moments with a list in hand.

Are you ready to feel better and thinner?? I know I am. ::yes::

See ya in the AM! :hug:

February 27, 2005

Hey, everybody! Tomorrow is the start of my new "Just Do It! Plan" For the next 7 weeks--2/28 until 4/16, I'm going to do my darndest to be healthy and lean! With the help and support of my friends, I'm going to walk the healthy walk like this:

1. I'm going to read my devotions and Bible EVERY DAY because I need the strength that only God can give. That's where I'm going to keep my center and I KNOW that I can't walk this alone.

2. I'm going to take my vitamins EVERY DAY!

3. I'm going to drink cool refreshing water--6-8 glasses of it EVERY DAY!

4. I'm going to follow an ambitious half marathon training plan, pushing myself even when I'm tired (unless I'm sick with a fever). I'm going to walk or strength train 6 days a week. NO EXCUSES! Whether it's one mile or 10, I'm going to do it.

5. I'm going to eat a healthy WW diet using all my activity points and flex points. If I stumble--and I may--I'm going to get back up and keep on going.

6. I'm going to look at my scale EVERY DAY and take my measurements once a week.

I'm going to make MYSELF and my health a PRIORITY in my life, and I'm going to print this out and READ IT EVERY SINGLE DAY! At the end of 7 weeks, I'll reevaluate this plan, but no matter what: I'm going to do this for me. NO EXCUSES!

PS Could everyone wear their jammies inside out tonight? I'd really appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter