Luke Family - Day 2 - IOA/Cabana

whalewatcher

Travel Buff
Who we are:

Me: Fabulous wife and mother - thirtysomething
DH: Fabulous husband and father - thirtysomething
J1: Justin - age 5 - 43 inches
J2: Jeremy - age 3 - 38 inches

Kids slept in until 8 am this morning (5/9/02). Awesome!! We ate breakfast in the Sunset Grill. Kids insisted on having pancakes which weren't on the buffet. Beware: pancakes are at least 50% sugar. J2 has low blood sugar and he crashed about 2 hrs after eating them. Buffet was very good.

Walked to IOA by about 10:30. Kids insisted on going immediately to If I Ran the Zoo. They love to play in water and it was hot already. DH's sneakers were drenched after 10 min. We rode Cat in the Hat twice. Doesn't this ride spin more than it used to? Well done though. Walked on to One Fish. FOTL really helped with these 2 rides.

At this point J1 was begging to go in the pool or back to MIB. We had to keep putting this off by saying we were going back to the hotel (the long way of course).

On to the Mystic Fountain (DH's favorite attraction). The fountain was cute and adorable, talking to people individually and squirting water all over. DH could have stayed there all day but we finally dragged him away.

Rode Flying Unicorn. Kids are too short for any other roller coaster there and they loved this one. No line and good thing b/c it's over in the blink of an eye.

Stopped by the dinosaur museum and saw the "live" triceratops. The think a few adults there thought she was real. We loved this attraction except they only let kids touch her if they are as tall as the fence. Last year I was able to pick up J1 and reach him over the fence.

Got drenched watching the flume on the Jurassic Park ride. Great on a hot day! Stopped at the "squirty things" betweens JP and Toon Lagoon. Kids love water that squirts up out of the ground. They could have spent all day there (forgot about the hotel pool at this point). Good thing I dressed them in swimsuits and Teva sandals.

DH rode Hulk coaster and came off with a splitting headache. He is the only one of us brave enough to ride these coasters. We were slightly concerned that he had a blood clot in the brain or something. (fine now)

Ate lunch at the Beach Club again. Went to the health club to pay for cabana. Booked cabana for 1/2 day (3 to 10) for $50. Full day is $75. I originally rented the cabana b/c I thought DH would watch the TV and we could take a break from the kids. Well that didn't exactly happen. Kids are really too young to run around without us and DH loved the music so much he never bothered to watch the TV.

We had #9 which was right next to the kiddie pool and behind the sand, a great location for us. We loved the pool atmosphere. More adult and fun than Disney. At times it felt like California. Only complaints were pool was shallow, kiddie pool very warm, cigarettes put out in the sand.

Ate dinner at Pastamore at Citywalk. Food was good but service was a mess. At one point the chef, asst chef, and manager were fussing around our table apologizing. Watched some interesting street entertainment at Citywalk and went back to the room. Luckily we were taping "Survivor" on our VCR at home.

Yuk, cigarette butts in the sand, some people are so gross!!! I never noticed any, but it I always get amazed at what some people will do. We had cabana #10 once and I loved it!!

We loved the Beach Club food, but the service isnt very fast!!!!!!

Patty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter