Losing While I Can and Must (comment away!)

Sorry :lmao: Penn is the Univ. of Pennsylvania and it's in the city of Philadelphia. My cousin plays (american ;) ) football, so not only will it be my first visit to Philly, it'll be my first college football game! So excited :)

thanks for clearing that up for me :thumbsup2
Sorry i missed you but have a great trip :)

Hi everyone!

We're back, and had a fantastic time. We walked SO much, that I think I might have balenced the amount of food we ate :rotfl: Seriously though, we ate at this Spanish tapas place, and I'm pretty sure it's in my top 3 restaurants of all time. It was AMAZING :) Cousin didn't play in the game, and they ended up losing by a point, but it was still really fun.

I would like to share one of the more bizzare things I have ever experianced with you all. I'd like to remind you that Penn is the oldest University in the US and was founded by Ben Franklin. It's an Ivy League school. And this is it's tradition: (from wikipedia)

"As a sign of school pride, crowds of Quaker fans perform a unique ritual. After the third quarter of football games, spirited onlookers unite in the singing of "Drink a Highball." In years long past, students would literally make a toast to the success of Penn's athletic teams. During Prohibition, stubborn students insisted on keeping their tradition - since they could not use alcohol, they had no choice but to literally "toast" Penn. As the last line, "Here's a toast to dear old Penn," is sung, the fans send toast hurling through the air onto the sidelines. In another version of the origins of toast throwing, in 1977, a student threw the first slice of toast after being inspired while attending a showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show where members of the audience throw toast at the screen. In more recent years, some students have become more creative in their choice of projectiles, and it is not rare to see a hail of bagels or donuts, or even a loaf of French bread come flying down from the stands.[1]

The athletics department has purchased several industrial street sweepers built by Tenant Inc. The latest is a 6400 Rider Sweeper used for cleaning the concourses and track area of the stadium.[citation needed] The sweeper is often called the "toast Zamboni".[2]"

I would have never believed it unless I was there. It was so weird and so funny. :lmao:

Onto food:

Wednesday, 9/19
B: Bowl of Mini wheats w/ skim milk

L: turkey, swiss and pesto sandwich, salt and pepper chips and a oatmeal cookie bar

D: (eaten at 11:30 at night after a late game on the other side of the world) Taco bell burrtio and soft taco w/ a sprite

Exercise: none, I was out of the house from 9 am to the aforementioned 11:30 pm. Lame :) Today is much more relaxed.

Thursday, 9/20

B: Bowl of Raisin Bran Crunch w/ skim milk

L: Bowl of corn chowder and a small salad w/ sesame dressing and some whole grain bread

D: Steak, pepper and onion quesadilla and chips and salsa

S: non fat hot chocolate and a chocolate chip cookie bar thing

Exercise: Walked the dog (1 mile)

Welcome home Bekki :)
Glad you had a great trip!
Love the toast story :)
Bet i'm one of few in the UK to know that ;)
Have a happy & healthy weekend ;)

Welcome Back Bekki! I'm glad you had a great time in Philly!:hug: That story of the Penn State toast is cool!:thumbsup2

Hope you have a great Sunday!:goodvibes

Loved the pic, Bek!! (and yours, Tracey!!)

Glad you had fun in Philly!

Have a great week! Your food & exercise look like you're right on track again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter