losing all hope on getting decent airfare for Jan

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
back in July I booked our return flight with points at $109 going down was I think 150--we dont have enough points for that so we were planning on points coming home and cash going down

Ive been watching the fares since then and the lowest was 153 and highest has been 176!!!

this is for the end of Jan to beginning of Feb

Ive never seen fares that high for that time of year

Im almost at the point of just biting the bullet and just getting the tickets so its done--but I figure that Ill jsut to that and then the fares come way down!!--its happened before with things!!!

thanks all

There is no magic number but my travel agent said to look 8-10 weeks out. You should also look at the fares on different days of the week. Meaning check the fare on Monday and then again on Tuesday. Booking date can also make a difference in the fare you see.

A lot of it probably has to do with where you are trying to fly out of. I know that I purchased SW tickets for my January 2018 flights in July and the prices have been basically the same, maybe $10-15 higher or lower since then. The prices are about $75-100 less roundtrip than what I paid for January 2017 out of Columbus, OH.

Don't know who you are flying with, but we booked with SW for January 21st thru the 29th when they opened their schedule a couple months ago for $90 each way out of Philly. Since then, I rebooked our flight down from $90 to $36. Today it is down to $25 but for some reason I keep getting error messages trying to grab the lower flight.

Return flight has gone up, and expect if it does come lower than original price it will probably be for the first flight out, and I refuse to leave Disney at the crack of dawn!

I doubt that early flights out and late flights going home will come down much, but you should be able to get decent prices if you are willing to fly at off times. Good luck!

If it’s SW I would just book it because you can get the adjustment if the price goes down. All other airlines are a crapshoot and you just have to bit the bullet when you think the price is decent.

If it’s SW I would just book it because you can get the adjustment if the price goes down. All other airlines are a crapshoot and you just have to bit the bullet when you think the price is decent.

Alaska allows the fee-free adjustment as well.

I paid $317 round trip for my family during that time frame (Delta) so that seems typical for me. We aren't a SW hub and my husband won't do anything but direct flights if he has a choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!