Loop for Easy Parking? and Seaworld?

SmithCrazy3

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,
Combining my two questions into 1 post.. but here goes. Reservations in October for a premium site. We have a brand new 42 ft 5th wheel and it's a total pain to park. My husband was embarrassed when we went somewhere labor day weekend. Any recommendations on a premium loop that may be easier to navigate and back in?

When we leave on Saturday, I want to go to Seaworld before heading home. Anyone ever parked there during day?

SmithCrazy3,

I don't have a big rig but most of the Premium loops will work for your DH. They are 18' wide and over 55' long and flare out very wide where they meet the road. Some thing that make backing difficult is other vehicles at adjacent sites or across the road that are up close to the road.

My votes would be for 600 or 700 since they are long-and-mostly-straight loops with sites angled off to the sides. The circular lollipop loops can get tight if your in a curve (the loop roads are one-way so going around one means curving to the left) and have to back into a site on the left (inside of the loop) rather than on the exterior/outside of the loop. I call them lollipop because the loop entrance is at the bottom of the stick and the sites are spread around the circle inside and outside. Loop 1000 is also not lollipop (just like 600 and 700 aren't) but has a good straight section in the middle.

If I had to choose a lollipop loop, it would be 1100 because the sites in it seem a little further apart so the chances of having to deal with someone's vehicle are lower.

There are apps and internet resources for the Fort that touch on the backing/parking aspect but the grades are subjective: "one person's EASY is another person's HARD" is the feedback I've heard.

Finally, if you get to your site to back in and it still looks tough, you can drive around looking for an empty Premium you like and call back to the Fort Front Desk (number on the check-in sheet) and ask to be transferred to it. They will if it's available - but be aware some folks like me use the Early Check-in option showing a 1pm check-in time so I might be assigned loop 123 for example and get my text assignment at 1pm but I don't actually arrive until 4pm. If you see it sitting empty at 2pm, they can't move you to it because I've already "checked in" early. But if it is free to assign, they will give it to you.

Tell DH not to stress.

Bama Ed

PS - now I'll wait for one of these guys with the F350 extended crew cab and 45' toyhauler to come along and chime in...

PPS - I have no idea about SeaWorld.

Last edited:
Seaworld has an area of parking designated for larger vehicles such as RVs , buses, campers, etc. You'll be directed to this area on your arrival to the parking lot.

1100 loop would be my request if I were you. Happy Camping!

Thank you everyone for the feedback. DH wants to get some practice in, but we actually left our rig at the beach for my parents for over a month. So we only have less than a week from the time we pick them up to the time we head to Disney! We're planning to leave in middle of the night to avoid the hell that is I-95 and hopefully reduce children fighting. I just hope our site is ready when we get there. Made brunch reservations @ TE and getting golf cart delivered that day, and hoping DH has time to sleep before Hoop De Doo that night!

Our experience in the past is our site was not ready until around 3pm each time. Some guys have been lucky and been ready earlier or they have the fort switch sites if they can, if one is empty. Last trip we put in a full day at AK and then parked our trailer at around 5pm. You just never know. This trip we are waiting on the Fort to open. We have a tour scheduled that day, so it will be late when we get there this time also.

We have a 44' toy hauler behind a 3500 dually. The biggest problem you will have is getting upset with yourself for not hitting the site on the first or second try. We have all been there. At the Fort the road can get narrow. Not just because some of the roads are narrow, it's the garbage cans, recycle bins, utility pedestal. It is the vehicles parked in your path. Like Bama said, check around the loop and you may find a better choice. They may let you switch. I have seen sites on curves that are straight in. Just practice and don't get excited. Good place is a high school parking lot on the weekend and take your spotter with you.
Parking spaces are 9', two of them will give the 18' site width.
And remember this advice is coming from an Aggie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter