Looks Like the POLY is Our Laughin' Place! - An Aug 2017 PTR - COMPELTE, TR LINK POSTED

YOUR OUTFITS AND THE MERMAID BUTTON. I AM SCREAMING. You gonna look SOOOOO GOOOOOOOODDDD GUUUUUURRRRRLLLL

tenor.gif

Also, I will never be over The Great Movie Ride. I've said it before and I will say it again, just because this new Mickey ride is the first to actually pay homage to the OG mouse and has some cool new technology that will make it ahead of its time does not make it a good change. It's replacing TGMR so that makes it trash. Especially when Disney had the opportunity to announce the removal of Speedway and Stitch's Great Mistake but NOOOOO, they get to stay. I'M SO UPSET AND CANNOT BE HAPPY EVER AGAIN BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN A WORLD WITHOUT THE GREAT MOVIE RIDE!!!!!!

791707.gif

You are my ULTIMATE hype boy, I love you, and I never want you to change. KTHX.

Also, the new ride is going to be bad lmao. These new Mickey toons are bad? The animation is so grotesque, Goofy looks demented and the mice are just ugly. If they really want to pay homage to the mouse, put in some classic animation or something, not animation from a series that's going to be DOA by the time this ride opens. Just my two cents! :coffee:

Ok, I feel like such a loser... but why am I not understand the Purple Wall Princess shirt?

Don't feel like a loser! It's such a niche reference. There's this purple wall in Tomorrowland, hugging the right side in between Tomorrowland Terrance and Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. It's become "popular" on Instagram with a lot of CPs and annual passholders. I don't exactly know the story why, but I'm assuming someone popular took a photo of it first and it just kind of became trendy. Here's a photo of me against the wall back in October:

DE-d2H2UAAADBx9.jpg

There are a whole bunch of pretty walls in Walt Disney World for pictures, if you look it up, they're becoming quite the trend!

@Newsies you learn something new every day! I think I had seen someone else post something about the purple wall before, but just wrote it off. Glad you told me!

Your outfits are cute! Even though I am old, I'm all about the various Disney shirts from torrid. I have more than I need for our average length trip, but I can stop. Now I have to work on bulking up my Harry Potter shirts for my Universal/Disney trip in March.

@Newsies you learn something new every day! I think I had seen someone else post something about the purple wall before, but just wrote it off. Glad you told me!

Definitely go "wall hunting" next time you're in the parks for some really nice, unique pics!

Your outfits are cute! Even though I am old, I'm all about the various Disney shirts from torrid. I have more than I need for our average length trip, but I can stop. Now I have to work on bulking up my Harry Potter shirts for my Universal/Disney trip in March.

Thank you so much!

Ugh, love Torrid. I didn't post the pic, but I do have an "Off To Neverland" T-Shirt that I bought from Torrid, packed, and will probably wear at some point this trip. They had some Hogwarts shirts last time I went but I didn't pick any up!

YOUR HEAD GIRL PIN! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Ok but really, why couldn't they have replaced the atrocity that is Stitch's Great Escape with the Mickey ride rather than TGMR?? Makes zero sense IMO.:confused3:confused3

AHHH your trip is getting so close!!! :banana:

YOUR HEAD GIRL PIN! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Ok but really, why couldn't they have replaced the atrocity that is Stitch's Great Escape with the Mickey ride rather than TGMR?? Makes zero sense IMO.:confused3:confused3

AHHH your trip is getting so close!!! :banana:

Just two pieces of the #HarryPotterSWAG I got when I was a Universal Passholder living in Orlando... what a time. Miss those days.

OMG!!! Go off, sis!!! That's EXACTLY what they should have done, Mickey's Space Adventure or something!

WE'RE SO CLOSE!!!

The Single Digit... Nap
9 days out

Typically, something goes amiss just before we leave and this year, I've got a cold.

nooooooo_elf.gif

I'm so annoyed right now... who gets a COLD at the end of JULY?!? :sad2:

There's been something going around my camp for a few days now, and it looks like I caught it. I started realizing that I had it about two days ago, and yesterday it got worse so I'm on a Mucinex regime. When I was sick in Florida, I realized that Mucinex was literally the only thing that helped my cause, and hopefully, it'll help again now. This cold doesn't seem too harmless- standard congestion, headaches, but no cough or sore throat yet, knock on wood.

I called out today, but I have a LLR event at my house tonight, so I'm going to need to stick it out for a few hours. My lovely consultant has a box of the new Disney inventory, and I've been looking forward to it, but this sinus headache is killer and I'm gonna need to take another nap soon.

... On a brighter note, it is single digit day for us and I am super excited for the upcoming week of preparation! A week from right now, I'll be home from camp for the last time and getting ready to leave! Nothing is going to feel better than arriving at the Poly. I'm so much more excited for this trip than I was for my 2015 trip. It's going to be so weird/fun coming back to Magic Kingdom and the rest of the parks after my College Program! I'm so looking forward to it.

I will say though, I am seriously slacking on a few things that I'm usually on top of at this point. We went out and got toiletries at Bed, Bath & Beyond last weekend, and I haven't even packed them. I also haven't updated our Disney Trip playlist, and I haven't done a "what's in my park bag" post. Next week is going to be update-a-palooza, I promise! Thanks for making it this far with me, it's crazy that we're so close already!

ZWyv0.gif

If I end up with any of the new Disney LLR tonight, I'll update you all again. Until then, it's back to bed with me.

-Kaitlyn

Welcome To Hell Week!
7 days out

We're here! We're here! Welcome to HELL WEEK!

hades-gif-8.gif

In theatre, hell week, also known as production week, refers to the week leading up to the opening of the show. In this week, stress levels rise and energy levels decrease for various reasons. There's a lot of stress to fix things last minute, and you often run-through the full show every day multiple times in full costume, makeup, and sound. There's no room to make mistakes in hell week or else the show could fall apart in front of the audience and that's not good.

Here, I take the term "hell week" and apply it to the equally stressful week before leaving for Disney World. To me, it makes a lot of sense. There's a lot of packing and planning involved in this week, and if it's not done right or we forget something important, the show is going to fall apart!

Here's what Disney Hell Week typically consists of for this family:

• Being hungry due to a lack of food in the house (since we don't do a lot of food shopping because we don't want to come home to a whole kitchen full of stale food)
  • Being UGLY due to a lack of wearable clothes (since everything cute is packed up already!)
  • Being tired because all I do is work, pack, run out to the store with mom to grab some more things for the trip
  • Being stressed because I'm always left wondering what's left to do and what I still need to pack!
Usually something goes wrong this week, but I'm already sick, so fingers crossed that nothing drastic is going to happen!

An update on my sickness is that I'm doing a lot better than I was on Friday. I went to my town's local "emergency" medical office yesterday to make sure that it wasn't serious and the doctor handed me a pamphlet about the common cold and shoved me out the door :tilt:. Friday night was rough, but with my 4-hourly doses of Mucinex, I've been doing a lot better. He said 7-10 days is typical for a cold, but I feel like it's going to be less than that. Knock on wood.

Today I went to the grocery store with mom for the last time before vacation, which is always a BIG deal for her. She spends the whole time saying things like "let's only buy one loaf of bread because I don't want to come back to a stale loaf of bread!" or "only a small thing of milk, don't want it to go bad in the fridge!" This is her idea of pre-vacation fun. :rolleyes:

Like I said, we're approaching my last week of work and I really hope it goes by quickly, though I fear this is going to be the longest week of my life. I do love my kids, but I'm going to be SO out of it this week with everything going on and it's supposed to be rainy and/or super hot this week. I pick up my second to last check tomorrow, and my last check is going to be mailed to me the Friday we're in WDW.

Will try to update tomorrow with an interesting "what's in my park bag?" update.

-Kaitlyn

What's in My Park Bag
*5* Days Out!

Today I finalized my park bag for the trip and I'm super happy with how it came out! I'm usually in the parks for extended periods of time, and when you combine that with the extreme Florida heat, there are a few things I find essential to surviving! I spent my entire CP crafting the contents of a park bag, and I think I finally have a perfect one all sorted out, so I wanted to share it with you guys!

Here's my actual bag:

img_0111.jpg

I'm not going to lie, Marie has seen better days. I took this pic while she was all brand new and shiny, and she's kind of... torn and dirty now. Her hair bow was snagged inside our truck and it caused a rip right down to her nose :( I tried to patch it up, but it didn't exactly work. Still, she's the bag I take to the parks because she's so compact but can hold everything I need.

I'm bringing my Disney World backpack (the one you can buy for an additional $25 after spending $30 in a gift shop) too, and if Marie ends up being too small for some of the things I want to bring to the parks, I may have to leave her back in my room for a few of my park days. My unicorn ears are a little too big for Marie, and I have a camera and wooden letters I painted for my future little that I'm planning on getting signed by some princesses while we're down there.

Besides my ears, camera, and phone (which has a pocket on the back that holds my cards), here's what I typically fit into my park bag:

The first thing I always, always, always bring is my Fuel Rod/kit.

fuel-rod-600x338.jpg

So the fuel rod SAVED my life on the college program. It costs $30 for the rod and charging cord, and it is the greatest invention Disney has ever brought to the parks. Basically, you buy a rod one time at one of the many stations they have all around the parks and resorts. You use it to charge your phone, and once the rod runs out of juice, you can either charge it back at your resort OR swap it out for a fully charged rod, totally for free, at any one of the stations. As many times as you want. Unlimited charging for a one time cost of $30. It is amazing.

Another thing I always try to bring is my journal and a pen. I mentioned in a previous post that I was going to try bullet journaling this trip with the cute Moleskin notebook and accessories I bought, and I have it all mapped out for the trip with a key and everything. Last time I went to WDW on vacation, I used the bullet to help me write my TR and having it in the parks was super helpful. I sat down next to the Character Spot in Epcot for like an hour because it was raining and I was in between FP+s on a crowded day. I wrote in my journal and let my phone charge for a little bit while the monorail ran by outside. Snow White even walked past me! It was a fun and relaxing memory I have and definitely one I hope I can recreate at some point.

Being in the hot parks all day can turn me from a pixie dust princess to a sweaty, gross college student, so I always carry a few things to help me out. Hair ties and an elastic headband are always in my bag in case my ears can't fix the disaster that occurs when my hair meets Florida humidity. Lip balm is an obvious must. I also love oil blotting sheets! I started carrying them around in my school bag this year, and I'm going to need them more than ever this trip.

On a similar note, you're never going to catch me ANYWHERE in WDW, parks or otherwise, without some tissues and hand sanitizer. This year, I got this tres cute little hula dancer from Bath and Body Works.

23433936.jpg

She is so cute and the hand sanitizer inside of her is called "Need a Vacay", which I think is super cute. The scent is described as an ocean citrus, and it smells nice without being too overpowering.

One of my favorite Disney YouTubers, BookishPrincess, had an outstanding tip for packing a park bag. She recommended packing nail clippers- not for your nails, but in case you need to buy a shirt or a pair of ears and need something to cut the tag off! It's like a mini pair of scissors and they're so useful to have in your bag. Fun fact! Emma (BookishPrincess) used to write some amazing TRs for the DISboards before she got into YouTube.

Finally, I have a few things in my bag to protect me from the sun and the heat. Sun screen, my sun glasses, and a bottle of liquid love:

61QBd-K5C4L._SY355_.jpg

I started buying evian misting spray while I was on my program and I love it. I buy the travel size bottles, which are like $4 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. It's a light and refreshing way to not only cool your face off, but touch up your makeup.

Those are the contents of my park bag! Every time I post, I wonder if it's my last time updating this PTR before the conclusion, but I think I have one or two more closing sentiments left before we run into the territory I usually include in my TR! Camp is crawling by this week and my family is totally out of paper cups and paper plates. I'm also sneakily using some of Grace's shampoo because I'm afraid I'm going to run out of mine while we're in Florida. Send rations. And lipstick. And Starbucks money.

5 days until we arrive, 3 and a half until we leave!

-Kaitlyn

'Twas the Night Before Leaving
* 3 * Days Out

'Twas the night before leaving,
And all through the house,

I couldn't think of a clever rhyme
I love mickey mouse

Can I call this the night before leaving? Even though we don't technically leave until 1:00 am on Saturday? I can call it the night before leaving if I don't fall asleep at any point tomorrow before I get into the car, right?

Here's footage of me circa this time tomorrow, where my blood will most likely be a solid mixture of 50% caffeine and 50% Mucinex as I struggle to stay awake:

giphy.gif

I wanted to update you all really quickly before tomorrow, but I'm so exhausted that I need to make this as quick as possible. If you've read any of my past TRs, you know that tomorrow is typically the start of "TR territory", so I wanted to have something substantive posted tonight before wrapping up this PTR.

Today I finished packing up my suitcase and that's pretty much the only thing I have fully packed except for my makeup and park bag right now. I can't move on without my backpack, which is being used for camp until tomorrow.

Today was crazy. Camp felt so much longer than it usually is, and we were running around all day long. I got home and had about enough time to get changed and finish packing before my friend Molly wanted to get dinner with me, so we got Taco Bell, then I came home, brough my suitcase downstairs, took a shower, and made some brownies. Now I'm sitting here updating you all!

Right now feels very "eye of the storm". I was more excited a few days ago than I am right now, and I don't know why :confused3. Maybe it's because the reality of tomorrow is setting in. It's going to be so sad saying goodbye to my campers, they're adorable and so well-behaved. It's also going to be a long, stressful, day, as most days before the trip typically go. But I'm so close to Main Street USA I can taste it. This trip was more well planned than any other trip we've taken, and deep down, I know that as soon as we get in that car tomorrow evening, I'm going to be excited all over again. The family was also very quiet today, which is totally out of character for the day before leaving. Granted, I only saw either of my parents for about 20 minutes today towards the end of the evening, so they were winding down after long days at work. But I can't wait for tomorrow because I know that some of the "Disney-trip-energy" is going to surge through us again as we get the car ready!

Like I mentioned a few paragraphs up, tomorrow is the start of TR territory, so a few minutes ago I made my bullet journal page for tomorrow and I can't wait to fill it up!

I'm so excited to start this trip and I'll update you guys again with some closure for this PTR tomorrow. Right now, I'm exhausted and I need to sleep.

29b8171326b8513b8f71f21b33abf266.gif

- Kaitlyn

Ok, but how did I get so behind? I mean, not really since I knew about your little cold and I'm so happy the mucinex kicked out so you is not a sick puppy on your trip because you DESERVE IT. You're going to be sniffly enough in Studios.

Lol "Hell Week". I cry. Your theater references in connection to Disney are just beautiful. It really is kind of a draining week since there's so much needing to be done last minute, but it not nearly as awful as the true Hell Week of Tech Week tbh

Throwback to you catching yourself in that photo I put in my TR of us and me PR roomies walking around Pop because of your Marie backpack. So sad she's no longer as perfect and pristine (although, we know she will ALWAYS be perfect and pristine), but my park bag from my program didn't far all that well either (it's a bit frayed, but again still beautiful within).

s2tCb-.gif

YAS TO FUEL RODS!! Although I didn't use one myself because I had a portable charger, but still that was SUCH a life saver. I really need to get back into a habit of charging it every night again so I can bring it to all day events I go to.

Omg that tip about the nail clippers is so true! I don't know why I never thought of that, even if I've used nail clippers for everything. I didn't even know BookishPrincess had a YouTube. I remember her TRs, didn't know she switched over. I'll have to check her out.

Omg, it's SOOOOOOO CLOSE. Too bad we never had our Google Hangout, but we'll totally plan one out after you get back. I'm so excited to read about EVERYTHING. Much love and pixie dust to you darling on an amazing trip that I will be stalking through text, IG, etc. etc.

princess-peach.gif

Ok, but how did I get so behind? I mean, not really since I knew about your little cold and I'm so happy the mucinex kicked out so you is not a sick puppy on your trip because you DESERVE IT. You're going to be sniffly enough in Studios.

Lol "Hell Week". I cry. Your theater references in connection to Disney are just beautiful. It really is kind of a draining week since there's so much needing to be done last minute, but it not nearly as awful as the true Hell Week of Tech Week tbh

Throwback to you catching yourself in that photo I put in my TR of us and me PR roomies walking around Pop because of your Marie backpack. So sad she's no longer as perfect and pristine (although, we know she will ALWAYS be perfect and pristine), but my park bag from my program didn't far all that well either (it's a bit frayed, but again still beautiful within).

s2tCb-.gif

YAS TO FUEL RODS!! Although I didn't use one myself because I had a portable charger, but still that was SUCH a life saver. I really need to get back into a habit of charging it every night again so I can bring it to all day events I go to.

Omg that tip about the nail clippers is so true! I don't know why I never thought of that, even if I've used nail clippers for everything. I didn't even know BookishPrincess had a YouTube. I remember her TRs, didn't know she switched over. I'll have to check her out.

Omg, it's SOOOOOOO CLOSE. Too bad we never had our Google Hangout, but we'll totally plan one out after you get back. I'm so excited to read about EVERYTHING. Much love and pixie dust to you darling on an amazing trip that I will be stalking through text, IG, etc. etc.

princess-peach.gif

"You're going to be sniffly enough at Studios" Where's the LIE

LMAO I'm glad you enjoy my connections between Disney World and the theatre world. Disney hell week isn't nearly as bad as theatre hell week, but I was still pretty drained this week. I hope the final ~*~ production ~*~ comes together next week.

RIP our park bags. They may not be as shiny as they were when we first got them, but the beauty of our memories with them will always shine bright.

Yes girl, Emma switched over to YT and deleted ALL of her TRs! I'm currently mourning. I tried to find them a few months back and saw that she took all of them down :sad:

We'll have our G-Hang soon, I promise. I love you so much and I PROMISE that my Insta story is boutta be LIT until August 6th. LOVE YOU TIMMY

2016%2B-%2B1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!