Looks Like the POLY is Our Laughin' Place! - An Aug 2017 PTR - COMPELTE, TR LINK POSTED

Handing you a participation award for that MagicBand decor effort. *insert applause hands emoji here*

And I love that your MB name is Sassy. Granted you probably stole it from me. :snooty:

Lol when I'm pretty sure I already know what this big news is.. oh typical me. :D

Handing you a participation award for that MagicBand decor effort. *insert applause hands emoji here*

And I love that your MB name is Sassy. Granted you probably stole it from me. :snooty:

Lol when I'm pretty sure I already know what this big news is.. oh typical me. :D

*accepts my participation trophy with my last shreds of dignity in tow*

Ummmmmmmmm I like literally JUST SAID my parents inspired me to name it Sassy bc I was becoming increasingly sassy with them so ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good try

You know because I tell you everything... there's just no secrets in between us anymore.

Yay for MagicBands!! Yours turned out so cute with that sticker!!

Yay!! Thank you so much!

I still need to experience WDW and I wanna experience it w/ you so bad!! Have a blast love!!

AWWWWW! Welcome to the boards, buddy! :hug: Honored to hold your first post in this PTR. The DIS is so special to me and I'm glad we get to share this too! I promise you'll experience WDW with me some day, and you're just in time for me to let everyone know about our own special plans!

The Big Announcement Update!
21 Days Out

Hey everyone. I'm out here today with that very big announcement I've been hinting at!

First of all, I want to give a BIG welcome to @BroadwayAustin1996 . This is my friend Austin, who I'm pretty sure I've mentioned here before. He's my best friend from college and another Disney fan like me! He joined DIS today so that we could share this moment together!

I'm sure a lot of you were able to guess (and I know @PlutosRHM55 already knows for sure because I told him) what this could be about, so I'll just get into it without delay.

I am so, so, SO incredibly honored to announce that I'm going to Disneyland Resort for the first time this January!

giphy.gif

I have been waiting a lifetime to visit California and this is a serious dream come true for me.

I didn't want to say anything before buying my airfare, which I purchased on Friday. I've been sitting on pins and needles to tell everyone about this! I'm actually flying into Pheonix, where Austin is located, and we're going to make the 5-hour-drive to DLR together the next day. We're going to be there for about 3 days until we return to Pheonix and do a little bit more Western sightseeing. The BEST part about this trip is that I get to share this special trip with someone I consider to be one of my life's greatest blessings.

I won't be talking a whole bunch about my DLR planning here because my PTR just went up, and you can catch it here:

Make a Wish and Hold on Tight - My First Disneyland PTR!

Thank you guys so much for following along with me and I hope I'll see you guys over there, too!

See you next time with a WDW related update.

-Kaitlyn

Me reacting to this news that I already knew (and you have now let all of the DIS know) :

tenor.gif

#stillslightlybitteriwasleftoutbutimhappyforyoubecauseitrytobeagoodpersonsometimes

Also, throwback to that time you were getting exasperated with me in Disney and called me Austin.

Me reacting to this news that I already knew (and you have now let all of the DIS know) :

tenor.gif

#stillslightlybitteriwasleftoutbutimhappyforyoubecauseitrytobeagoodpersonsometimes

Also, throwback to that time you were getting exasperated with me in Disney and called me Austin.

Me reacting to you reacting this news

giphy.gif

You and Austin are two peas in a pod it was only a matter of time before I called you that late at night after having run around magic kingdom in the pouring rain

An Interview with Grace
18 Days Out

Can you believe that there are only 18 days left?!? I had to manually check when I saw it on the countdown app today because that's CRAZY to me! It still feels so far away!

As the creative juices run low on this report, I try to think of creative things to talk about. Even though this is a family vacation, this PTR is mostly "me me me me me." I thought you guys might like to enjoy the voice of somebody OTHER than me for a change!

Part of the reason we're going on this vacation is to celebrate Grace's sweet 16. Her actual 16th birthday was yesterday! We celebrated by going to the Chart House on Saturday night with some of her friends. As we both get ready to go, I wanted to ask her a few questions about the trip!

DEjgfn3XkAIJR2g.jpg

DEjgfogXYAAcXY1.jpg

Me: Okay, Grace. Are you ready to talk to the DIS?
Grace: Ok. [Pause] Are you writing that down? [Longer pause] Are you writing THAT down???

Me: Yes. Okay, anyway. How do you think this trip will be different than the previous trips we've taken to Disney World?
Grace: [Sarcastically] I, uh, think I've matured over the past couple of years to appreciate not only what goes on in front of my eyes but behind the scenes. Also I love Moana.

Me: I don't think you're taking this seriously.
Grace: Wait. I'm not. Hold on.

Me: Are there any new restaurants or rides you're excited to try?
Grace: I know there are two new restaurants I don't want to go to, so, uh-

Me: [Annoyed] I took a survey of where everyone wanted to go before we left. Is there seriously nothing new that you're excited for?
Grace: Well I don't know what we're doing.

Me: I made like three touring plans and a binder for everyone.
Grace: Yeah I didn't read it.

Me: What about your Magic Band. Why purple and why Rapunzel?
Grace: I mean, I think purple is a new color, and, I mean, Rapunzel is adventurous and cool and that's really the style of what I'm going for this trip.

Me: Okay. I noticed you said you cried about missing the Polynesian resort while you were watching Moana. Is the Polynesian your favorite hotel on Disney property?
Grace: Yes. Aside from the Grand Floridian. [Sarcastically again] I think each hotel has its unique theme, but if I had to pick my favorite hotel, which really captures the spirit of Hawaii, I'd have to go with the Poly.

Me: What has been your favorite vacation to Disney World we've taken so far?
Grace: I mean, I guess 2010 because that was the first time I ever went to Disney. [Sarcastically again] I mean that was the first time I was ever truly able to experience the magic-

Me: We're not going to do this if you're not going to take this seriously-
Grace: Okay, okay, I'm sorry.

Me: This is probably the second or third time we've celebrated your birthday in Disney. What has been your favorite birthday-related memory from Disney in the past?
Grace: I liked when we went to Be Our Guest, but I also liked when we went to Chef Mickeys. And I got that cupcake. For breakfast. With Be Our Guest I got to try the grey stuff. Oh, no! The pirates thing was also cool too!

Me: In general, what do you think is your favorite part about going to Disney World?
Grace: Arriving. Or waking up and going to Main Street.

Me: Is Magic Kingdom your favorite park?
Grace: Yes.

Me: What's your favorite restaurant, ride, and character to meet?
Grace: Either Crystal Palace or Be Our Guest, either 7DMT or Soarin', and Tinker Bell.

Me: What is your favorite souvenir to buy?
Grace: Every year, I kind of buy like a new keychain which is like kind of dumb but stuff that I like to put on my backpack that I like to commemorate that visit I guess.

Me: What is a souvenir you're looking forward to buying this year?
Grace: (Stuffed) Pua! Or any Moana merch.

Me: What would your dream day in Disney World look like?
Grace: Wake up in maybe the Poly and then take the monorail to Main Street USA. Go to Crystal Palace, have some Pooh's Puffed French Toast, ride 7DMT for a little, maybe uh, meet some different characters, check out the shops, the bakery, and then maybe head on over to Epcot, grab me some shrimp chips. And go to that, uh, what is it, restaurant in Italy where we had some really good pizza? Via Napoli? Grab a pizza for lunch, then ride my way to uh, let's say Hollywood Studios, you know. Go there, maybe watch the Indiana Jones Show. Partake in the Hollywood Studios activities and go the 50s Prime Time for dinner, go back to Magic Kingdom, and then, uh, watch the fireworks show.

Me: Okay, but realistically you have breakfast and MK then go to the pool until 6 PM, right?
Grace: It's MY DAY.

Me: Okay, okay. I have one last question: What is one Disney experience you hope to do further along down the road?
Grace: I wanna meet Moana.

Me: Okay, we're done. Thank you. Is there anything else you want the DIS to know about you?
Grace: [Singing] I am Moanaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

As you can see, my sister is just like me, and it makes for some very interesting Disney trips. Happy birthday, Grace!

DEjgfpPXsAAKXKi.jpg

-Kaitlyn

Last edited:
First off- you were in my town! haha

You both look so cute! Love your lipstick ;)

Such a funny interview with your sis! Less than 3 weeks to go!

And I thought I was the sassy, sarcastic one . Oh, Grace...

giphy.gif

Also, y'all are both slaying in the photos. I'm really sad I never saw this level of make-up on you during our CP. You know I love me purple, dark, goth princess beaten face realness.

dZOw6.gif

First off- you were in my town! haha

You both look so cute! Love your lipstick ;)

Such a funny interview with your sis! Less than 3 weeks to go!

Oh, wow, you're really close to us!

Thanks so much-- it's "Times Square" from Colourpop!

We get to leave two weeks from tomorrow night!!

I've never been know to randomly do this... :rolleyes1

I am descended from voyagers...

Ahh!! You and Grace would get along so well!!!

And I thought I was the sassy, sarcastic one . Oh, Grace...

giphy.gif

Also, y'all are both slaying in the photos. I'm really sad I never saw this level of make-up on you during our CP. You know I love me purple, dark, goth princess beaten face realness.

dZOw6.gif

You and Grace are the same person. You two need to sit down and have a sassy conversation together, it would be AMAZING and probably be televised and aired on Logo.

I RARELY gave my face a full beat on the program. I never really had a reason to and didn't want to waste my products. It was tragic.

2017 Vacation Lookbook
14 Days Out

Woah, we have a lot to gossip about today.

e8e11c82f5a8ed8a498ed39b14f84b23.gif

First of all... TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY we'll be arriving at the Poly and the Poly Pout* has never been more real.

| Poly Pout (noun): The word used to describe the feeling of missing Disney's Polynesian Village Resort.
We've been using our TV more for YouTube than for actual TV in the past few days. All we do now is watch Polynesian resort tours and watching the Disney Unwrapped specials. Disney Unwrapped is pretty much the reason I developed my (somewhat unhealthy) obsession with the Disney Parks and watching them gets me so hyped, no matter how dated they are. Yesterday, Grace and I were watching a video with just the Polynesian lobby music on loop. Dad came home and got goosebumps! I think he's more excited for this trip than anyone else in the family. He bought a Hawaiian shirt yesterday just for the Spirit of Aloha show. In fact, we all got some good things yesterday. Mom, Grace and I went to Blue Mercury- they got some new lipgloss for the trip and I got a well-needed new NARS foundation so I don't need to worry about my gross e.l.f. foundation caking up on me in front of PhotoPass. All three of us got new PJs for the trip. It was a perfect day!

Well, almost perfect.

D23 had their Parks Panel yesterday and there were some amazing changes announced, and one not-so-amazing change. They announced that August 13 would mark the last day for the Great Movie Ride, and I am totally heartbroken to lose one of my all-time favorite rides. :sad: I'm so fortunate to be able to say goodbye to GMR on this upcoming trip, but so sad that this is becoming a goodbye trip for such a treasured ride! I really grew close to it on my College Program and I'm going to miss it a lot.

Okay, tea time is over! Who wants some pictures?

Being two weeks out, dad brought down the suitcases yesterday and we started packing. I took a few photos of some of my favorite outfits and accessories for this upcoming trip and thought you might like to see them! Enjoy:

IMG_1371.JPG

IMG_1372.JPG
IMG_1374.JPG
IMG_1378.JPG
IMG_1380.JPG

IMG_1381.JPG
IMG_1382.JPG
IMG_1383.JPG
IMG_1384.JPG
-Kaitlyn

YOUR OUTFITS AND THE MERMAID BUTTON. I AM SCREAMING. You gonna look SOOOOO GOOOOOOOODDDD GUUUUUURRRRRLLLL

tenor.gif

Also, I will never be over The Great Movie Ride. I've said it before and I will say it again, just because this new Mickey ride is the first to actually pay homage to the OG mouse and has some cool new technology that will make it ahead of its time does not make it a good change. It's replacing TGMR so that makes it trash. Especially when Disney had the opportunity to announce the removal of Speedway and Stitch's Great Mistake but NOOOOO, they get to stay. I'M SO UPSET AND CANNOT BE HAPPY EVER AGAIN BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN A WORLD WITHOUT THE GREAT MOVIE RIDE!!!!!!

791707.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!