Looking for wheelchair bag suggestions

disneyworldmom2

Mouseketeer
We will be traveling with a new transport chair this year. In the past, a backpack worked perfect with the handles on the chair. Unfortunately, the handles on the new chair will not accomodate this type of bag. While a diaper bag will work if it has the straps that hook over the handles, I am looking for something that is more appropriate for a 15 year old boy. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Skip Hop (look on Amazon) has good looking "diaper bags" that have convertible straps, that accommodate stroller type handles, in a variety of patterns, I've seen camo, basic solid colors, black, gray etc.

I had been looking at that one. I need to be able to carry a change of clothes, incontinence supplies, water bottle and small insulin bag. Do you think it would hold all of that?

Just a thought - if you still have the backpack that worked, you can buy some Velcro One Wrap (also found at your finer Walmart stores in the hardware/tools area) and make "loops" of the One Wrap off of the backpacks straps to fit over the transport chair handles (especially if the backpack has a carry handle at the top). The nice thing about the Velcro is it's quick and easy, and you could continue to use a pack you know will work.

Some people just use a regular backpack and adjust the straps the straps to a size that works on their wheelchair. My daughter has some sensory issues that makes that not work for more then a few minutes on her manual chair.
Her power wheelchair has hooks bolted on, which is an option for a solid back chair with padding.
I’ve also seen people attach the heavier weight limit 3M Command adhesive hooks to a solid back chair.

On her manual wheelchair, we use a regular backpack and a set of these hooks.
https://www.amazon.com/Think-King-Stroller-Wheelchair-Rollator/dp/B002MXP3SM/ref=sr_1_6_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1528033591&sr=8-6&keywords=Hook+king&th=1

I sewed a small loop on the backpack straps to make it hang in a good spot, but you don’t have to.
Using a regular backpack is generally less expensive, you have more choices and you can use different backpacks for different purposes.
We used the first set of hooks for about 10 years. They still work fine, but were getting a little ratty looking, so we recently bought a new set. (Click photo to see it larger)
B20A4E4B-2216-4307-8984-759FB3979E1B.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter