Looking for plain cheap drawstring backpacks

i'mfluffy

Mouseketeer
I'm looking for some cheap nylon drawstring backpacks to personalize for our disney trip. So far I've tried Target, Walmart, Michaels, AC Moore and Hobby Lobby with no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

Why not try a different approach...maybe walmart in the sporting goods section or kids section or any department store...or even a sporting goods store like Dick's. Also Joann's.

Do you sew? There is probably a simple pattern out there and they wouldn't take much fabric.

Actually I made "santa sacks" for my son's preschool class one year...which is probably a smaller version of what you want. Only 3 seams. Cut a rectangle the width you want and twice the length. Fold in half, stitch each side. Fold over top edge and stitch leaving a space open near each side seam. Take twill or other "rope" style string....probably about 2 yds in length cut in two equal pieces. Attach one end to bottom corner of sack...Run into opening on one side through hem to the other side and down to other bottom corner and attach....Do the same thing with second piece only run through opposing side of hem....

Good Luck

I used to make these all the time...pretty much exactly as the post above described.

I would sew in little tabs made from bias tape to run the cording through.

Each bag took 3/8 yard of fabric (watch the direction of any prints!) and about a yard of cording. I used the big cotton cording from the upholstery department, as I found the smaller cording tends to cut into you if there is much weight in the bag.

After the first bag, you will be able to whip them out in 10-15 minutes!

I just searched this on the web and found a way to make the bags using a pillow case....

http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2008/08/its-cinch-easy-bags-for-back-to-school.html

I'm gonna try it as soon as I get the funds to buy everything I need.. Including a sewing machine or seeing if my mother has one I can use. LOL!!

Buy a white pillow case and use the DISign images created here for yourself and iron those on to make it personalized to you! (This is my thoughts and my idea on what I'm gonna do!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter