Looking for offsite to Disney park shuttle info/reviews

ClapYourHands

DIS Veteran
Many hotels state they have free shuttles, but some are great, and others are...less convenient.

There's good information published on the Disney Springs thread for those partner hotels, but I'd love to know about others.

If you've stayed at an offsite hotel fairly recently, and know any of the specifics of the shuttles, I welcome your information. How often do they run? What times (approximately)? On a schedule to hop on or by reservation? Do they go to all the parks or just one and you make your way from there with Disney transport? Reasonably reliable?

Once I started pricing parking, rental, and fees, I was pretty much obliterating my off-site savings by having a rental car. Please help a mama not break the bank on this trip.

Thanks!

We started to build a thread, hoping to add more to it next week. Hopefully others will chime in ..

And it would help if you add what your nightly budget is.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/non-disney-hotels-lodging-shuttle-information-thread.3673286/

Thank you! This is exactly the type of information I'm looking for, but didn't see the thread.

My nightly budget isn't set in stone. I'm trying to keep the whole trip around $3K, and flights + park tickets are taking up a little over $2K. That leaves me about $800-$1000 for everything else. Unfortunately, there's no availability in the Values for the start of my trip (except an AoA family suite for $400, which is neither necessary nor budget friendly for 3 travelers). There are some decent offsite deals, but car rental would be about $300 once fees and taxes are included, plus $150-$200 in parking. I don't want to blow that much of my budget on a car.

Right now, I'm trying to gather as much information as I can so I know the true cost of each option. If there's no shuttle or the shuttle times won't work (we are die-hard rope-droppers), I need to factor in Uber/Lyft rides. Sometimes a good deal isn't such a good deal once you add in extras.

for an offsite hotel very few will get you there in time to open the park. Sometimes you can get a good rental for less money that you think

go to the transportation board and ask

https://www.disboards.com/forums/transportation.16/

Otherwise just might go with a value onsite - what are your dates? or renting from a dvc member or broker - but you need to this at least 7 months before you go.

for an offsite hotel very few will get you there in time to open the park. Sometimes you can get a good rental for less money that you think

go to the transportation board and ask

https://www.disboards.com/forums/transportation.16/

Otherwise just might go with a value onsite - what are your dates? or renting from a dvc member or broker - but you need to this at least 7 months before you go.

Thank you for your reply. I was kind of worried about the earliness of the shuttles. Especially if I'm offsite and don't have EMH or 60-day FP, making rope drop is important. However, if the shuttles run semi-regularly, I could always Uber over early and make my way back on the shuttle.

I've been following the transportation threads, but no killer deals. People are posting scores, but they're rarely under $200, and I know with taxes and fees, the real price is higher, and that's before parking fees. I even tried putting in for a partial rental with the thought that I'd book at a value at the end of the trip and return the car half way through. But returning to the Dolphin jacked the prices way up, and I don't particularly want to use 2+ hours of prime park day retuning a rental to MCO and taking DME back.

A Value on site would solve many of these problems, but I'm going early November, so DVC is out, and there is no availability at Values for the start of my stay. Ideally, I'd like to get a Value for at least the first night and save the $40 Uber by using DME. I'm hoping that if I keep looking, something will open up. I think my best chance will be around the 30-day window when people reach the limit of free cancelation. Meanwhile, I'm looking for reasonable off-sites, and stalking Hotwire to get better at identifying the opaque bookings. I missed out on a great Swolfin + flights deal that was available about a month ago, and I'm kicking myself for not pouncing then.

Stayed offsite at the Clarion Lake Buena Vista (it was a solo trip, and the price difference was too much to ignore). The schedule I got was different to the one posted in the linked thread here, but it's the one that's currently on their website:

Shuttle Departs Hotel
07:00 a.m. – Universal Studios (Lane 84)
07:50 a.m. – Epcot Center (Lane 48)
08:20 a.m. – Epcot Center (Lane 48)
09:20 a.m. – Sea World (Green Canopy)
10:25 a.m. – Hollywood Studios (Lane 33)
10:55 a.m. – Epcot (Lane 48)
11:10 a.m. – Epcot Center (Lane 48)
Return Shuttle departs theme parks at
04:25 p.m. – Hollywood Studios (Lane 41)
05:10 p.m. – Epcot (Lane 48)
06:15 p.m. – Sea World (Green Canopy)
07:15 p.m. – Universal Studios (Lane 84)
09:00 p.m. – Epcot (Lane 48)
09:45 p.m. – Epcot (Lane 48)
11:30 p.m. – Magic Kingdom (Lane C-36)

Shuttles to Universal were ridiculously early, as they left at 7am when the parks didn't open until 9am, so it was an enforced RD (I was right at the front of the line, and first to ride both Spider-Man and Kong at IoA). However, they only left Universal at 7:15pm, so even for a 7pm close you needed to hurry out, and you couldn't e.g. eat in CityWalk in the evening. Lynx public transport to/from Universal was pretty awful.

Disney shuttles mostly went to/from Epcot, the earliest being 7:50am. Sometimes it was a bit later than this in practice. This was, however, more than enough to be near the front of Epcot RD, and I also got into MK with plenty of time too, using the monorail. I didn't try to RD AK due to every day having EMH, but I tried taking the Lynx 50 to Disney Springs, walking over to Saratoga Springs and taking the bus from there. It was a bit of an ordeal, although it did work. I also didn't bother RDing DHS because there wasn't really a full day of stuff I wanted to do there anyway, and the mid-morning bus they happened to offer to DHS was convenient for that.

Returning from Disney was, again, more annoying. You could go back from Epcot at 9:45pm, which was again just about okay after IllumiNations provided you didn't linger, but the only option after that was TTC at 11:30pm. This didn't allow me to stay until MK park close at midnight, but was late for other parks which closed 9-9:30pm while I was there, so I ended up getting buses back to Disney Springs and taking the Lynx 50 back to my hotel. One night I stayed too late at MK and ran out of transportation options (I underestimated how long it would take to get from MK to TTC, and the 50 stops running about midnight), so walked from Disney Springs. That was possible but not very pleasant - should have taken Uber/Lyft.

So if you want to do it using only shuttles and public transportation, it's possible, but it is a bit less convenient.

Best of luck with your plans! I have agonized SO many times over the onsite/offsite debate in my mind. For us, offsite always wins out due to the large size of our family, but if I had only 3 people I would definitely try to stay on property or in Disney Springs and skip the whole car rental thing!

That said, even with rental car, staying offsite is usually more budget-friendly than staying onsite, especially if you cannot get a value room and are looking at $400/night for rates. Maybe figure out the price differential of buying food within the Disney resorts for the duration of your trip and compare to cost of buying more reasonably priced groceries at a local supermarket and eating a few meals at some offsite restaurants..? If you save at least $200, it's probably not so bad to splurge on that rental car. Personally, I cannot even imagine staying offsite without a car, but we have several small kids so logistics would be tough without one.

I think for two double beds, Disney Springs has reasonably priced hotel rooms. I would absolutely get a room there if you don't want the hassle and additional cost of a rental car. My sister-in-law and her husband and two kids stayed in the Wyndham Disney Springs last summer and it was just around $100/night including resort fee. But, I have no idea what rates would be like for a November trip. We never travel in the fall so I am clueless as to the rates at that time.

Last edited:
Stayed offsite at the Clarion Lake Buena Vista (it was a solo trip, and the price difference was too much to ignore).

DS is looking at and seen lots of good prices ..... what did you think of the hotel?

He has AP and car so shuttle not needed.

Many hotels state they have free shuttles, but some are great, and others are...less convenient.

There's good information published on the Disney Springs thread for those partner hotels, but I'd love to know about others.

If you've stayed at an offsite hotel fairly recently, and know any of the specifics of the shuttles, I welcome your information. How often do they run? What times (approximately)? On a schedule to hop on or by reservation? Do they go to all the parks or just one and you make your way from there with Disney transport? Reasonably reliable?

Once I started pricing parking, rental, and fees, I was pretty much obliterating my off-site savings by having a rental car. Please help a mama not break the bank on this trip.

Thanks!

I'll let you know that we typically stay at Floridays due the size/comfort/value of their 2B/2BA configuration. They do offer shuttles to the theme parks, but I'd suggest you investigate their schedule via the website. We drive our own car since we live in the Orlando region, so I think we used their shuttle service only once and it was adequate.

Now that Disney added parking fees to the resorts, those flying in may be more likely to stay onsite and avoid costs of rental car plus parking.

Can staying offsite really be a much better value by the time you pay for rental car and parking or airport transfers?

Now that Disney added parking fees to the resorts,
those flying in may be more likely to stay onsite and avoid costs of rental car plus parking.

Can staying offsite really be a much better value
by the time you pay for rental car and parking or airport transfers?

Many of those who fly in already stay at Disney so I don't think we will see that increase, and I don't think Disney expects it to change. I just think they added the fee because they can and Mr. Chapek is monetizing every single thing he can while he moves towards generic and replication of goods & services. In the end Disney will make lots more money although I doubt my stock dividends will go up.

I would bet 90% of those folks renting cars are staying off-site, will continue to stay off-site and the new parking fee changes nothing in their costs. People stay off-site because they can stay for much less in much nicer rooms, because they can rent 2, 3, 4 bedroom condos & homes in nice resorts with a full amenities for much less, because they plan to visit other parks like Universals, SeaWorld and Discovery Cove, because they want a kitchen or laundry or free breakfast or simply need way more space than Disney provides even if just a hotel room.

EXAMPLE:
I am trying to book a July trip. I am picking only weekdays to avoid Disney's upcharge on weekends.
I drive to Orlando so I have to pay the parking fee.
I am looking at (without taxes as that is all relative and using any discounts I can find) -
- Disney POP Century $158 per night
- Disney AllStar Sports $143 per night
- B Resort 2 room Executive Suite in tower $142 per night (I still get 60 day FP+ and EMH)
- Marriott Flamingo Crossing (newer) Springhill Suites (with breakfast) $92 per night

I can get a MUCH nicer room, more space, living rooms, kitchenettes and one with breakfast for much less than a Disney value or pay the same and get a nice suite and Disney perks.

EXAMPLE:
This fall I am looking at a trip. I currently have POP Century booked for $124 per night (discounted). I am now looking at my options, many Hilton hotels will match that and include breakfast and nicer room. I am now looking at the Sheraton Vistana Resort one bedroom condo (they are very nice) with full kitchen, laundry, balcony, great pools with slides & hot tubs, 10 minutes to the parks .............. $57 per night. I save $469 by doing this. If I had to pay for parking at parks I only save $337 (but I have AP so I don't). Nicer, bigger, more amenity lodging than a Disney value.

If I needed at car I can rent one for less than $200, plus add the parking fee at the parks for 6 days $132. I still save $160, which isn't huge ... but I still get much nicer lodging and amenities.

EXAMPLE:
When full family is coming we can not fit in a Disney regular room value or moderate. We need at the least two value rooms. DH hates the values but I'll price it anyway.
September trip example:
- POP Century would cost us $1736 for the week.
- Sheraton Vistana TWO bedroom condo would cost us $699 for the week.
- That is a savings of $1037 on lodging. Most will have to pay for theme park parking so drop it to $905.
- If adding a rental car & parking fee total is $1031.
- That is still a $700 savings not even including meals that can be made in the kitchen.

We could show lots of off-site examples that will show folks spending less for more. I don't see the parking charge bringing on more guests that fly, I do see it driving away guests who were already beginning to bristle at Disney's over-inflated prices.

Hopefully I made sense, it does in my head. :D

Last edited:
DS is looking at and seen lots of good prices ..... what did you think of the hotel?

He has AP and car so shuttle not needed.

I thought it was good value for the location (especially with the lack of resort fees), and it's almost as close to WDW as some of the Disney Springs area hotels; the hotel itself was generally fine, although I didn't make any use of the pool or restaurant/bar to have an opinion on them (basically used it as a base to go to WDW/Universal). Grounds were well-kept and they had a security guard at the entrance. I had a room with two doubles (overkill for just me) and while the decor was a little dated (the photos on their website are representative of my room), it was comfortable. The air con in my room was somewhat noisy, although it definitely worked, and that didn't cause me any trouble sleeping. A room on the car park side would be quieter than one facing the I-4. I found the refrigerator in my room was set too high and was freezing my food, but a few days in I discovered that if I pulled it out of its alcove it had a dial on the back, and turning that down fixed the problem - might be a useful tip for anyone else who finds the temperature to be incorrect. WiFi was generally fine, and everything else worked. There's a little shop with a few snacks etc. too, which was useful one night. There are some shops and restaurants in the adjacent Vista Centre, and some more across from the entrance to Hotel Plaza Blvd.

I'd go back again if looking for a good value place with all the basic amenities to travel out to WDW from, while not expecting a deluxe resort to hang around a lot.

I thought it was good value for the location (especially with the lack of resort fees), and it's almost as close to WDW as some of the Disney Springs area hotels; the hotel itself was generally fine, although I didn't make any use of the pool or restaurant/bar to have an opinion on them (basically used it as a base to go to WDW/Universal). Grounds were well-kept and they had a security guard at the entrance. I had a room with two doubles (overkill for just me) and while the decor was a little dated (the photos on their website are representative of my room), it was comfortable. The air con in my room was somewhat noisy, although it definitely worked, and that didn't cause me any trouble sleeping. A room on the car park side would be quieter than one facing the I-4. I found the refrigerator in my room was set too high and was freezing my food, but a few days in I discovered that if I pulled it out of its alcove it had a dial on the back, and turning that down fixed the problem - might be a useful tip for anyone else who finds the temperature to be incorrect. WiFi was generally fine, and everything else worked. There's a little shop with a few snacks etc. too, which was useful one night. There are some shops and restaurants in the adjacent Vista Centre, and some more across from the entrance to Hotel Plaza Blvd.

I'd go back again if looking for a good value place with all the basic amenities to travel out to WDW from, while not expecting a deluxe resort to hang around a lot.

Thanks, just what he needed to know. He's just looking for a bed and bathroom ... but is wanting it to be decent at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter