Looking for info on OKW

ladeb59

Earning My Ears
I own at SSR but was thinking of staying at OKW next year in studio if any are available. I have a few questions. First, are the studios big enough to accommodate 2 smaller ECVs. Next, which stop is first for the buses. What buildings would be next to that stop? Are the buildings with elevators near the first bus stop. Lastly, is there any path at OKW that you can walk to another resort or anything? Just wondering. Any info would be much appreciated.

I can answer some of your questions. I stayed in an elevator building in May. Technically, the bus stop for elevator buildings is the Hospitality House. However, that's the last bus stop and I was afraid of the ECV spots being full by then, so I used to scooter on over to Peninsula Road, the first bus stop, and really not much (if any) further than the HH. I also found it much more convenient, when coming back to the resort, to get off at the first bus stop (again, Peninsula Road) and drive back to the villa (64, in our case). And although there's a path to DS down near South Point, there's no path to any of the other resorts (or is there a way to SSR? Can someone else tell me?)

Yes, there is a walking path to SSR &/or DS:

Take the walkway by Building 55 between the golf course and the canal/waterway towards DS (DTD). Follow that until you come to the bridge across the waterway by the golf course practice putting green, go across the bridge (watch out for the golf carts), turn right along the other side of the waterway to the club house/restaurant, go up the stairs, and you will be in Artist's Palette at SSR. You can continue onto DS by several different methods from this point.

Bus rouse (park buses): Peninsular Road, Old Turtle Pond, South Point, Miller's Road, Hospitality House.

Disney Springs: Hospitality House is first instead of last. Then it follows the same sequence.

Bus rouse (park buses): Peninsular Road, Old Turtle Pond, South Point, Miller's Road, Hospitality House.

Disney Springs: Hospitality House is first instead of last. Then it follows the same sequence.
For the Internal or Disney Springs route, it stops at HH first, then Millers Road, then Peninsular Road, next South Point, then Turtle Pond last before heading back to HH.

For theme parks, it goes to South Point first before Turtle Pond. The turn for the bus is easier coming from South Point and going to Turtle Pond.

You need to be aware that most of the buildings do not have elevators. So if you have an ECV, you'll want to request a first floor villa to make sure you don't have to leave your ECV on the ground level. Bldg 62, 63 and 64 are closest to the HH, not Peninsular Road.

The path to Disney Springs is not lit at night, so you only want to take that path during daylight hours. But take the boat instead; it's really a nice ride. People always want to walk to POFQ or POR since they look on Google Maps and it looks so close. But there isn't any path to walk there, only a construction area between OKW and POFQ.

Yes, there is a walking path to SSR &/or DS:

Note this walking path is a LONG distance from the first bus stop AND the buildings with elevators. Opposite side of the resort. The path itself is quite long, and it connects to the far west of Disney Springs behind the Cirque building. It's actually a golf cart path which runs along each hole of the course...not a direct walking route between the resort and Disney Springs.

B22F085E-2E24-4C82-BE13-7554FC118937.jpeg The walking path from OKW to either Saratoga Springs or Disney Springs is a nice walk.
I highlighted the path on the screenshot. The blue highlight is the path starting near building 55. It goes along the water, but except for the very first part, at the first bend in the highlight and the couple of places you can see greens, it’s not shared with golf carts. We sometimes see utility carts.
The green highlighting is the bridge and path to Saratoga Springs.
The yellow part goes between the water and the parking lot and ends up by Cirque de Soleil and House of Blues.

Just keep an eye out for golfers and golf carts. Also note, this "path" in mot lighted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter