Looking for ideas for a surprise for DH during upcoming trip

PhoenixStrength

Found my Prince Charming!
Hello all! My DH and I have a short trip (arriving Monday afternoon and leaving Friday morning) this November and I'm looking for something to do to surprise him with the evening of that Wednesday. We are going to Typhoon Lagoon that day but they close at 5 so we will be out by then at the latest. Possibly thinking a nice dinner (one of DH's favorite things about WDW is the food!) but wanted to get ideas from others to see if maybe there is something I'm not thinking of. Some info about us to help with ideas:

We are both in our early 30s, adventurous in both eating and what we do for activities. We are staying onsite but will have our car too so getting wherever is not an issue. We've done the Characters In Flight balloon at DSprings before and already plan to do so again this trip so not that, and we've done the Amphicars too, but beyond those haven't done any other activities outside the parks.

Budget would be $150ish, maybe $200? Anyone have ideas?

Thanks in advance!

It depends on what you are into:
sports: golf, mini-golf, fishing, marathon, bowling, ESPN Club, WWS/ESPN Zone, etc
shopping: DTD, area outlet malls, large scale malls
drinking: Jellyrolls, Raglan Road, monorail tour of resorts, walking tour of resorts in the Boardwalk area
movies: DTD 24 screen theater some with meals served by waiters
night clubbing: Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance, Raglan Road, Citywalk
resort tours: monorail tour of resorts, Boardwalk around the lake tour of resorts, horse drawn tour of FWC, AKL/AKV
offsite: Gaylord Palms Resort, Citywalk, swamp tour
eating: Formal GF 5* Chef's Table @ V&As

Jelly Rolls on the boardwalk by the EPCOT resorts.

Lunch or Dinner with an Imagineer.

I got it as a Christmas gift for my husband one year (I stayed with the kids at the resort pool) and he loved it!

Caring for Giants at AK was a nice tour-followed by drinks and appetizers at the Nomad Lounge.

I love the BC area at night. We love to do a nice dinner at Yachtsman and then walk the resort. The lights by the pool area are magical, especially with the BW in the background. Makes for great pictures. Then we usually do the circuit around the lake. If the Yachtsman isn't your thing and you like seafood, Todd English BlueZoo is awesome as well. It's off the beaten path at the Dolphin so we've typically been able to get a reservation.

Fireworks cruise? California Grill as already mentioned. I'd leave Typhoon and head to AKL - we like before dinner drinks at Victoria Falls and dinner at Jinko, and just watching the animals at dusk and then later through the night vision goggles. It always seems more laid back and less hectic at AKL. But otherwise, we love the monorail bar crawl. Depends on your mood really - but it is fun to have a drink at Grand Floridian and within minutes you are having drinks at the Poly - two completely different atmospheres.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter